It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schools Receiving Threats & Locking Down All Over the Country

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Cool hair!

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: turbo8
Back when I was in high school (~2001) 2 days in a row we received bomb threats that a teacher found in her school mail box. We were evacuated and sent home for those days. The fbi was called in and they investigated, ended up being the teacher...

There is a story of a couple dudes that didn't want to miss their flight and called in a bomb threat to airport. Dumba*#*#*
This teacher needed to be totally out of teaching if she would even entertain such a thought 😳. Penalties need to be stiff and be publicly made aware of often.. so idiots get the message of how it will be handled.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

I agree,they were total dumb dumbs!
edit on 21-4-2017 by Neith because: ##$%$%

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

If they are that worried about the mascot then it is probably a football player or the son of an old football star from that school.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I can't get to bent out of shape over it. Bomb threats aren't new, they were so common in the 90's in Florida that we had bomb threat drills more often than we did fire drills. I do recall the threats spiking for a while after Columbine, but that's about it.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
I can't get to bent out of shape over it. Bomb threats aren't new, they were so common in the 90's in Florida that we had bomb threat drills more often than we did fire drills. I do recall the threats spiking for a while after Columbine, but that's about it.

This is true . I live in florida and had to leave my high school and attend a vocational school instead because of the constant bomb treats. Odd though i didn't know that it happen through out florida. Perhaps we live in the same area. I'm on the golf coast about 3 hours from new orleans.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
it sounds like the best solution is to have students 'go-to-class-ON-Line'

the nice days of a civil society are over with all the calloused Refugees trying to remake America into a western hemisphere Afghanistan or Iraq/Syria

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

We can add to this that no one teaches the basic value of human life either. Everything from being told that there are simply too many people on the planet, implying there need to be less people, to, yes, lack of spirituality/religion which do teach the value of humanity and compassion for others beyond one's self, to the gratuitous diet of violence we see in all our media.

There is a steady devaluing of the value of life and living things in all of our culture around us. What's the life of others more or less and why should we care?

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Changing the high school mascot seems to be a pretty lame reason to get you're panties in a twist and start threatening to kill people.

They should search for the biggest loser they can find in town and they'll probably have their man.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

On a side note, the potential criminals wanted to thank the government for creating victim disarmament zones.

I'm sorry, I meant gun free zones.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

This many threats, so close together, seems coordinated. I'd guess some group is planning this, to disrupt things. Possibly more post-election chaos?

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   
The Fame complex. Victorians got fame by going anorexic and being psychics, mediums, or nuns. Today, most people are content with posting selfies imitating celebrities or talking on Facebook about their yogurt preferences.

These deranged, selfish children need some morals and humility to reign in these psychopathic tendencies. Boomers, this is evidence of failed parenting.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Well, before anyone heads for the hills about this, the other states mentioned were actually just a hoax.

From the link provided in the OP.

Now, police say they have learned similar incidents happened in Indiana, California and Colorado. They say in each of those incidents, the threat was thought to be credible and then later determined to be a hoax.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Well, before anyone heads for the hills about this, the other states mentioned were actually just a hoax.

From the link provided in the OP.

Now, police say they have learned similar incidents happened in Indiana, California and Colorado. They say in each of those incidents, the threat was thought to be credible and then later determined to be a hoax.

Good to hear, of course, but still disruptive to the schools. They can't assume a hoax, until they check the place, to be sure. Otherwise, lots of hoaxes, and they'd stop checking just in tome for the real threat! Bomb threats aren't fun. Remember one when I was in school. We didn't know till way later that's what it had been; cleared us out like a fire drill, but we were out there a LONG time. When fire trucks showed up, we started wondering! Never did hear who was responsible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join