It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient stone carvings confirm how comet struck Earth in 10,950BC

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I don't know that such events happen in cycles, though I don't rule it out. I am fairly certain there are climatic cycles. Warming, cooling, etc cetera. However, I don't know if there's a way to guage whether we're "overdue" for an asteroid or meteor strike.

What is apparent is that we're well "overdue for another ice age. The last one occurred approximately 13,000 years ago. Ice age cycles typically are 10,000 years apart.

In regards to an asteroid or large meteor impact, I can only say that it's an inevitability. It's going to happen. The only real question is when and where.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Thanks for sharing, fascinating. Hancock's one of my fave authors and it's good that one of his theories may be proven to be true.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Just wondering, do any of the claims actually use real verifiable science or are we on a 'I read it on the Internet' thread..

That's not meant as a dig at the OP, its a general comment of threads I've seen so many times, me, I like there to be some hard crusted science in there. Obviously in cases like this thread we cannot verify the event 100% but surely the trace elements and subsequent fall out would qualify at least a big portion of it?

Theories are great but they often get bastardised by people who have no actual understanding and background in the subject...David Icke anyone...

Being clever is not the same as having the knowledge...
edit on 23-4-2017 by Mclaneinc because: spelling...

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Mclaneinc

In north America there is a black mat boundary layer that before the black mat Mega fauna existed and the Clovis people were known to inhabit certain areas... It is not an equal mat that covers the entire world. The mat shows there were huge fires and soot... After the mat Nothing .... Another KT like boundary layer ?
Hear all about it at the 56.22 minute mark.
youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed
Or. It was collateral damage from the demise of Atlantis. Ba-zinga!

It caused the sinking of Atlantis. There is carbon dating evidence of a vast amount of glacial meltwater that dumped into the Gulf of Mexico right around the time that Plato said Atlantis sunk. This could have easily sent a tsunami across the Atlantic and wiped out an island "outside the pillars of Hercules." It matches up with the timeframe of this comet/meteor impact.

It's also been called the Clovis Extinction Event.
edit on 23-4-2017 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed
Or. It was collateral damage from the demise of Atlantis. Ba-zinga!

It caused the sinking of Atlantis. There is carbon dating evidence of a vast amount of glacial meltwater that dumped into the Gulf of Mexico right around the time that Plato said Atlantis sunk. This could have easily sent a tsunami across the Atlantic and wiped out an island "outside the pillars of Hercules." It matches up with the timeframe of this comet/meteor impact.

It's also been called the Clovis Extinction Event.

Haha I wasn't joking about the Atlantis implications, i just said ba-zinga bc that usually signals the "Atlantis is a myth" crowd to start chiming in.

But yes, I'm quite familiar with the Clovis Extinction Event. And once you realize just how the dates line up from many sources ( not just Plato ), a pertinent question is:

Did manmade destruction of the continent cause the CEE? Or did Atlantis sink as a result of it?

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
"We are a species with amnesia.", as Hancock states. The surviving remnants of a blasted and slowly-toppled civilisation that was thriving at the time the earth was warming up and the last ice age thawing, with ice retreating back towards the poles. The thaw of the ice age would produce its own problems such as great floods and rising sea levels. Vast tracts of land would be lost to water, and coastal communities submerged, only to be found thousands of years later at around 120 feet down beneath the seas...Japan and India come to mind.

The large object at the centre of the Encke fragments only comes into near-earth orbit proximity every 10 or 11 thousand years, but we do pass through its feathery tail that contain dust and small fragments. The centre of the Encke fragments is thought to be due again around 2030, so the discussion is focussing on the potential of being hit.

As some posters have pointed out, there are underground vaults that have been prepared which are being used to store samples of flora and fauna, seeds and seedlings, and all manner of other organic stuff. Question is...why would you build such fortified vaults, and where did the funding come from? What think tank discussed and debated and planed the project? Who gave the go-ahead for it? The very idea of it is survivalist planning so that in the event of a global catastrophe things can be started over.

Obviously, you don't build these things without having the idea in mind that certain people will be evacuated there in the event of a known pending threat, so who gets to be admitted?

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
4 pages and noone asked about the symbols and how they were interpreted?

I have been looking at this vulture stone but I don't see it.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mclaneinc
Just wondering, do any of the claims actually use real verifiable science or are we on a 'I read it on the Internet' thread..

Widespread platinum anomaly from Younger Dryas was reported in scientific report here.

There is also a news report reporting on a study that mapped significant mitochondrial DNA changes in human populations around 14,500 years ago in Europe. Which could be related to a repopulation of Europe after a significant loss of life here.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mclaneinc

That's not meant as a dig at the OP, its a general comment of threads I've seen so many times, me, I like there to be some hard crusted science in there. Obviously in cases like this thread we cannot verify the event 100% but surely the trace elements and subsequent fall out would qualify at least a big portion of it?

Theories are great but they often get bastardised by people who have no actual understanding and background in the subject...David Icke anyone...

Being clever is not the same as having the knowledge...

The initial paper was, yes, however it was not done by anthropologists or anyone in a related field. The ones who presented it have degrees in different fields (not astronomy, either) but were supporters of the Clovis Comet hypothesis (now discounted for the most part.)

This is an idea that appeals to the public and to Hancock and writers of Alternative History because it supports THEIR ideas that we come from a failed race of Amazing Technological Beings. In reality, we would have found plenty of evidence of these prior civilizations if they had existed (we find campsites from h. erectus that are over 2 MILLION years old.) It also ignores the true paleontological evidence (timeline of mammoth extinction, etc) in favor of generalized vague dates that the public is familiar with. They also don't know where the ecological data is or how to interpret it (there would be impacts in the plant record, for instance, if the mammoths all died off within a few hundred years.)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I did look at the symbols (went to the original paper) and how they were interpreted and found that while the correlation could be made, it was extremely weak. They did not discuss whether they looked for these same symbols found in other objects from the same cultural group (and I think they had to use pillars from different layers, but may be mistaken on that.)

But one of the biggest flaws is that they couldn't see the skies over America from Turkey.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The ancient stone carvings are interpreted, that is true, a definitive
conclusion cannot be drawn from the evidence.

But the hint of it being true, coupled with the Pt anomaly, and common
sense that says extinction events have occurred more than once in the
past, means that prehistoric civilization did exist.

Comets have impacted the Earth in the past,
one causing the platinum anomaly - concentrations of
platinum that is found in ice cores from glaciers,
that peak and ebb in a 7 year atmospheric particulate
lifetime. Platinum rich dust settled over the globe.
Ir depleted PGE dust may have been created by a
meteor strike on a PGE lode. It is most likely that
many strikes have occurred over the eons.

a reply to: Byrd

edit on 24-4-2017 by ThatHappened because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-4-2017 by ThatHappened because: Wording

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I think this might save the world (warning: cosmic spaceweather cycle) and that we'll have the Atlanteans to thank for it compliments of their Göbekli Tepe Potbelly Hill time capsule.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Most "facts" are either theory taught as fact or straight assumptions. So perhaps current research on these civilizations isn't as complete as thought. Not out of maliciousness but bc this is the first example of a new discovery that sheds light on their practices or maybe their language was more advanced than previously believed.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
"We are a species with amnesia.", as Hancock states. The surviving remnants of a blasted and slowly-toppled civilisation that was thriving at the time the earth was warming up and the last ice age thawing, with ice retreating back towards the poles. The thaw of the ice age would produce its own problems such as great floods and rising sea levels. Vast tracts of land would be lost to water, and coastal communities submerged, only to be found thousands of years later at around 120 feet down beneath the seas...Japan and India come to mind.

The large object at the centre of the Encke fragments only comes into near-earth orbit proximity every 10 or 11 thousand years, but we do pass through its feathery tail that contain dust and small fragments. The centre of the Encke fragments is thought to be due again around 2030, so the discussion is focussing on the potential of being hit.

As some posters have pointed out, there are underground vaults that have been prepared which are being used to store samples of flora and fauna, seeds and seedlings, and all manner of other organic stuff. Question is...why would you build such fortified vaults, and where did the funding come from? What think tank discussed and debated and planed the project? Who gave the go-ahead for it? The very idea of it is survivalist planning so that in the event of a global catastrophe things can be started over.

Obviously, you don't build these things without having the idea in mind that certain people will be evacuated there in the event of a known pending threat, so who gets to be admitted?

The elite, and lots of young women/girls to keep them company of course!

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

This is an idea that appeals to the public and to Hancock and writers of Alternative History because it supports THEIR ideas that we come from a failed race of Amazing Technological Beings. In reality, we would have found plenty of evidence of these prior civilizations if they had existed (we find campsites from h. erectus that are over 2 MILLION years old.)

To advocate another point of view -

Suppose there was an 'advanced' civilisation, in comparison to other human populations around the globe.
Suppose it did evolve, or was based, in one specific part of the earth but explored the rest of the globe.
Suppose through its explorations it came into contact with many of the less 'advanced' populations.
Suppose rather than viewing this civilisation as 'Amazing Technological Beings' the reality was more in line with how we've since seen divergent societies progress over time. That is, with non-linear technological advancements linked to cultural beliefs or priorities and environmental pressures or bounties.
Who is to say this civilisation did not have great knowledge in areas like astronomy, mathematics, natural medicine, irrigation, boat-building, rock-carving, seafaring etc?
There is no reason why they would have had to develop proton accelerators or jet propulsion to BE advanced in their own way or to have knowledge rivalling ours in some areas. After all, to give only one example of thousands, the Chinese were using mechanical clocks to tell the time when the descendents of the great Greek and Roman empires were still watching the sun in the sky and getting scared when it went away.

Now, perhaps if the above WERE true, the evidence to be found would be the following:
1. Evidence of visitor 'myths' in diverse places across the world with correlating details that suggest common sources.
2. Evidence of town/city equivalents that would suit the lifestyle (ie. on the coat) of a seafaring society when sea levels were higher.
3. Evidence of technological similarities in two or more ancient societies that suggest common sources of acquisition or development.

Let's face it, we are learning more and more all the time that those three forms of evidence are being found. Considering the total population of earth at the time we are talking about was miniscule compared to the current day and most of the post-ice age time it would be unlikely that we would be tripping over evidence from over ten thousand years ago.
But what there is should not be written off.

Which brings me nicely back to Gobekli Tepe. Does anyone know what the latest is with any excavations there? Or is it under wrap and cover until WW3 moves away from the middle east to europe and central asia?

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
I did look at the symbols (went to the original paper) and how they were interpreted and found that while the correlation could be made, it was extremely weak. They did not discuss whether they looked for these same symbols found in other objects from the same cultural group (and I think they had to use pillars from different layers, but may be mistaken on that.)

But one of the biggest flaws is that they couldn't see the skies over America from Turkey.

Can I point something out and then ask for help with something else?

First, if the cultural group that created Gobekli Tepe was seafaring and not confined to what is now southern Turkey your last point is irrelevent. In fact, if there had been a near extinction event caused by an earth impact in America, the survivors of the most advanced ancient society on earth would probably seek shelter somewhere else, perhaps even way in land from their usual stomping grounds where it would be more difficult for melting glacial waters or rising sea levels to destroy them. That might also seem a good place to build and bury (keep safe) a megalithic message to future developed peoples.

Even beyond the above hypothesis another one is that there may have been more than one impact.

Even beyond the above two hypotheses there may have been a meteor shower visible in the sky as there earth passed through a dense field. It wouldn't take a contemporary, advanced genius to link that to mass climate effects.

Overall, there is no firm reason why the location of Gobekli Tepe should discount it from being linked to an impact in America.

Second, where you refer to the 'same cultural group' what do you know of them? I have tried to research who definitively created Gobekli Tepe and what other archaeological evidence exists from the same time in the area and found hardly anything! Please can you enlighten me with what you know about them or direct me to somewhere I can expand my knowledge in this area. Many thanks for any help with this.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: mersaultdies

Suppose there was an 'advanced' civilisation, in comparison to other human populations around the globe.

...and if it was a seafaring civilization. It's ports, cities and temples would be near where sea level was during the Younger Dryas, 350 ft below what it is today.

Which brings me nicely back to Gobekli Tepe

Not so much Gobekli Tepe, but here are a couple sites contemporary with it.
www.ancient-origins.net...
www.pcma.uw.edu.pl...

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
So why did they draw animals instead of constellations?

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Yeah I agree no purpose in worrying too much. From my understanding it is very hard to track these objects even when they are as big as 30 kilometers.

On the upside, we should have enough nuclear power to blast that beast of rock (and a thousand more) into sand if we do find it approaching. Benefits of terrorism? Fake wars created for technology advancement to save the human race? Who knows. Hell of show though.

One possible use for the Star Wars program, that supposedly was never finished? We should, I agree, be able to handle most, with some warning, but then I consider that some of the Biblical prophecy seems to refer to some sort of celestial object, and wonder how that happens. Perhaps after infrastructure is down for other reasons?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join