It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple Mind over Matter trick I discovered

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Simple Mind over Matter Trick

So I discovered a very simple Mind over matter trick that anyone can use. I work in a restaurant and I use to burn myself all the time. I discovered that by not thinking of anything before you place your hands in the Scalding Hot Water or Touching a Hot Pan that the Pain Signals somehow take less time to reach your head. Like your Hands will still turn that noticeable red color but you won't feel the pain associated with it. It's almost like your forcing the signals back by focusing on not feeling anything.

However this trick can only be done by not thinking about anything. I can not stress that point enough. If someone distracts you from focusing even for just a second the pain signals will reach your Head and make you go out that hurt. If done correctly that is.

I have had people wonder how can I stick my hands in the scalding Hot Water or touch very hot pans without burning myself all the time and I try to explain my trick to people but I just get blank stares.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Sort of like walking on hot sand at the beach. Just don't think about it and it won't hurt.

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

Try not thinking about anything before you walk into traffic.

Come back and let us know how it worked out for you.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I can sell you safety equipment buddy.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
A better solution is to think very hard about NOT burning yourself with water or hot pans.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Try not thinking about anything before you walk into traffic.

Come back and let us know how it worked out for you.

That's just luck

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
There's also this other trick. Think of happy thoughts and you can fly. I # you not. They have to be happy thoughts. I can't stress that enough and you have to be somewhere high. I find skyscrapers to be ideal for happy fling. You'll have a blast I promise.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I use the method of "Not minding that it hurts". Like all tolerances, you can train your pain tolerance to higher and higher levels. So much of sensing pain is often the emotions surrounding it. Being anxious about what you are feeling makes pain much, much worse.

As long as you don't ignore the important pain messages your body sends you like "You have a bone sticking out of your elbow, dude, fix it!", you can train yourself to experience pain without being distracted.

The trick is not ignoring pain, but to not let it bother you. To not mind that it hurts.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
And how do you deal with the burned skin and the problems that go along with that? Do you just not think about the skin falling off of your hand from being scalded off and keep on cooking?

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ConscienceZombie

coaxing people in to suicide should be banned, even if it's meant as a joke.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blastoff
Sort of like walking on hot sand at the beach. Just don't think about it and it won't hurt.

Correct.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Now, do you have a simple trick to get your mind to not be thinking of anything, coz I find it impossible to not be thinking of something.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Whatever you do, do not think about pink elephants when touching something hot.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Oddly I have used this same technique for many things for a long time. It helps a lot with meditations and sleep. I don't really have any reason to touch scalding water or pans though.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

You realize that the pain you are opting to NOT feel, is a signal from your brain that you are causing damage to your body?

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I have sexually related ones that are not above top secret.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

As an EMT I dont recommend it to everyone. Bt, I liken it to a magician putting out a cigarette or other flaming object on their tongue...or walking on hot coals.

The coals slightly different in application...but similar to how you describe blocking out signals.(*Those that dont know? Its not staying long enough on the hot coals to get burned...or broken glass...or a bed of nails)

(Nails are placed close enough to not puncture, the coals...coal glowing and not flaming)

Mental blocking helps as well as you suggest...but I dont recommend everyone go try it!!
Thanks

MS
EMT
edit on 21-4-2017 by mysterioustranger because: err..again...sigh....

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Voyaging
First it would be accidental suicide. That's considered like jumping on a grenade to save your friends.

Second the op is coxing people into dipping their hand in scolding water. If your dumb enough to do that you deserve to get burned.

With that said. If your dumb enough to climb a building and jump thinking happy thoughts will save you then you deserve to splat on the sidewalk.

The smart thing would be to start small like a porch or your shed. It does work but your thoughts must be happy. Genuinely happy thoughts.

At least mine doesn't torture dumb people. It's more humane.

edit on 21-4-2017 by ConscienceZombie because: silly little typos

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

You realize that the pain you are opting to NOT feel, is a signal from your brain that you are causing damage to your body?

Yes. Thats why I only use this at work since I only have to travel 1 or 2 steps away. It saves a lot of time and i can get chit done quicker. Especially when the place is packed. And if I lose my focus we have Burn Cream on hand in the basic med kit. Ready to go at a moments notice..

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Whether you notice the damage or not, it's still going to be there!! How about focusing on not being burned in the first place? Tuning out pain can be handy, to be sure, but I wouldn't use it to ignore something harmful, that can injure you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join