It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drift tests show likely MH370 resting place

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
The CSIRO has used a 777 flaperon, modified to be consistent with the one found from MH370, to identify a resting place outside the search area. Previous tests used simulators of wood and steel.

The actual flaperon traveled differently than the previous simulators, and investigators now say the debris traveling to Reunion Island makes perfect sense. The new data supports last year's report that identified an area outside the 120,000 square kilometer search area.

www.flightglobal.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
from the MH370 First Principles Review and CSIRO reports mentioned

The experts confirmed their agreement that the analysis of the last two SATCOM transmissions, the likely housed position of the main flaps at impact, and results from the recent flight simulations indicate with high probability that the aircraft lies within 25 NM of the 7th arc that had been derived from analysis of the last satellite communications with the aircraft.

Given the high confidence in the search undertaken to date, the experts agreed that the previously defined indicative underwater area is unlikely to contain the missing aircraft between latitudes 36°S and 39.3°S along the 7th arc.

The experts also agreed that CSIRO’s debris drift modelling results present strong evidence that the aircraft is most likely to be located to the north of the current indicative underwater search area.

When considered together with updated flight path modelling, the experts concluded that an unsearched area between latitudes 33°S and 36°S along the 7th arc of approximately 25,000 km², has the highest probability of containing the wreckage of the aircraft.

Link

Seems they have concluded they have probably been searching the wrong area.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

It doesnt look like the area is going to be searched

Last year, Australia's Transport Minister Darren Chester said the December report would not be grounds for a new search because it did not give a "specific location" for the aircraft.

Speaking on Friday, he reiterated that position but said the report had been sent to Malaysia for consideration.

www.bbc.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: kamatty

There is a good chance a private search, possibly lead by Boeing will be conducted.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

The plane flew through a black hole into another dimension.

I heard it on CNN, so I know it's true.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I'm not an expert in this by any means, but how do the know the likely travel path for the debris if they don't even know the exact crash site of MH370?

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: BenSisko

They have the end point where the debris wound up, and the time that it took to get to that point. They can do drift testing to determine how it drifted which gives them a general start point.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
the new test sounds like logical reasoning....

the only thing being - that the disappearance was all contrived, that false identification of the rare debris was achieved by goosing the Parts ID #s that are on record in 'Digital form' not in physical, hard copy, paper-&-ink originals

Reunion is not Diego Garcia...where the craft, all passengers asphyxiated, landed and 'disappeared' from reality to be used one final time in a Trojan Horse Nuke delivery operation, in the not-too-distant-future

imho

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

Reunion is not Diego Garcia...where the craft, all passengers asphyxiated, landed and 'disappeared' from reality to be used one final time in a Trojan Horse Nuke delivery operation, in the not-too-distant-future

imho

How did you come up with that???

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I'm not an every-thing-is-a-conspiracy type at all -- quite the opposite, actually. But in the days immediately following the disappearance of MH370 I developed a rather queasy feeling that usually doesn't hit me unless something really is off.

Given the information I had at the time, I wondered, what could make a massive aircraft simply vanish -- POOF! -- without a trace? I was able to check off the usual suspects pretty quick. An almost unthinkable scenario began to take root in my head.

Could the disappearance of MH370 been the result of a low-yield or "suitcase" nuke?

I was pretty stoked about my theory the more I looked into it. I got into some pretty heavy research (for me) and even talked to a friend of mine who's a retired USAF Maj Gen to get his take on my grand theory. He actually deepened my conviction that I was on the right track.

I came to a place where I could no longer shoot holes in my own theory. Someone (here?) claimed that there was no way a nuke could detonate in an airliner and no one see it -- that seemed to be the last troublesome argument against my theory.

But I am still convinced that given the location and the altitude, other than a very short-lived flash (less than a second), there would be very little to see of the event itself. Just about everything added up to me. I would have bet good money on my theory until...

My theory was shot all to hell once big chunks of debris started showing up weeks later. I had to admit, given the yield of even our smallest battlefield warhead -- the Mk-54 (Y = 20t/80 Gigajoules), coupled with the massive destructive kinetic energy generated by the momentum of the aircraft itself, a nuclear detonation inside the fuselage of a jet going 600 mph would have left little more than confetti, not the large relatively fragile control surfaces that have been found.

I am still fascinated by this case. I don't get goofy over much of anything these days, but I can't shake this thing. The possibility that the general location of a "debris field" might have been narrowed down to a more geographically-manageable area, piques my interest once again.
edit on 21-4-2017 by SBMcG because: Correction

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

The problem with armchair detectives is everything.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

And, yet again, where did they hide it while on Diego? There are no hangars capable of hiding a 777 so it would have had to be parked in the open for everyone to see sitting there.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

The plane flew through a black hole into another dimension.

I heard it on CNN, so I know it's true.

I guess at this point, I'm no longer surprised by the drivel that comes out of that network's 'personalities' mouths, but damn, I felt my jaw hit the floor when DL said such a thing. It was "just wow" the first time I heard it, it's now "par for the course" over there at very fake news. Thanks for the hilarious reminder of the noobs who are bringing us the 'news'.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: kamatty

Without them ATS wouldn't exist.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

originally posted by: kamatty

Without them ATS wouldn't exist.

Begs the question.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: kamatty

That was an amalgamation of all the theories that were being thrown around when the incident happened.

Fun times.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

I would love to see your evidence of this.

All this so as to nuke something? When there are much easier ways to do it??

As Zaph rightly pointed out, there's no way to hide a plane the size of a 777 there. It'd be in plain view of everyone on the island.

top topics

join