It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspect in German soccer bus attack wanted to profit on stocks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   
The prime suspect in an attack on a German soccer teams bus was in it for the money. How disgusting people are. This is horrible in and of itself but wait, it went one step further. The culprit left fake letters claiming that the act was perpetrated by Islamic terrorist. I wish I could believe that this is an isolated incident but I fear that this type of thing is going to escalate. People are going to try to use the "it was terrorist" excuse more and more. Kudos to the German authorities for not falling for it.

Link

This guy was a real scumbag. Bought stock and, with no thought for human life, blew up a bus trying to increase the value. The best part is he failed miserably. Not only did the value of the stock go the other way but he was caught for his actions. One thing is true though. Although he did not formally belong to a terrorist group, he was in fact a terrorist(IMHO).

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Well, if there is one thing lower on this planet than a radical Islamic terrorist, it is someone pretending to be one for profit.

Massive kudos to the German law enforcement team for working this one out. And I hope the perp rots in jail for the rest of his miserable existence.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
Well, if there is one thing lower on this planet than a radical Islamic terrorist, it is someone pretending to be one for profit.

Massive kudos to the German law enforcement team for working this one out. And I hope the perp rots in jail for the rest of his miserable existence.

Yes it's not like it's not already bad enough that we have organized terrorist groups but now people want to emulate them. What has our world come to and how do we get back to civilization?

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: brutus61

You know what? It really doesn't matter what these people's motivations are. If they like isis so much that they are happily associated with them, they are just an extension of them and hence terrorists.
May I remind you that they actually killed people.

Anyone at all, even the maddest guy possible, if they say they did it for isis and they are muslim, they are terrorists.
Or are you telling me that if there was a crazy german in a nazi uniform, killing people you would say he wasn't a nazi at all?

That should free Anders Breivik. Forget his ideals and what he did, he did it because he is mad and not a right wing nut.

Being an asshole and mentally ill does not exclude being into islam and wanting to kill unbelievers. They can exist together.

I am sick and tired of excuses for these idiots. Excuses nobody would make for any right wingers.
Those that say these are not muslims or terrorists are the first to call me a racist or rightwing if I just mention the wrong words.

So one standard for isis sympathisers and another on for people who are fed up with illegal immigrants.

Hypocrite.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: brutus61
What has our world come to and how do we get back to civilization?

I hear you.

And I am not sure that we will. Not with 8 billion of us fighting over ever shrinking resources

edit on 21-4-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666

You know what? It really doesn't matter what these people's motivations are. If they like isis so much that they are happily associated with them, they are just an extension of them and hence terrorists.
May I remind you that they actually killed people.

Anyone at all, even the maddest guy possible, if they say they did it for isis and they are muslim, they are terrorists.
Or are you telling me that if there was a crazy german in a nazi uniform, killing people you would say he wasn't a nazi at all?

That should free Anders Breivik. Forget his ideals and what he did, he did it because he is mad and not a right wing nut.

Being an asshole and mentally ill does not exclude being into islam and wanting to kill unbelievers. They can exist together.

I am sick and tired of excuses for these idiots. Excuses nobody would make for any right wingers.
Those that say these are not muslims or terrorists are the first to call me a racist or rightwing if I just mention the wrong words.

So one standard for isis sympathisers and another on for people who are fed up with illegal immigrants.

Hypocrite.

First of all LOL LOL!!

Second if you read the article(why do so many people post without doing so) you would have seen that although it was his intention to kill, he was UNsuccessful.

Third nowhere in the article or my OP did it state that he "loved ISIS". What it says is that he left letters claiming that it was ISIS that committed the crime thereby trying to misdirect focus to a known terrorist group.

Fourth this OP is in no way connected to anything relating to right/left, It is about a growing trend of people to accuse a known group of a crime that they committed for reasons not related to the groups agenda.

Fifth try reading the post and any links before posting. It might clear up some of your problems and concerns without making you look the fool.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

What has our world come to and how do we get back to civilization?

I hear you.

And I am not sure that we will. Not with 8 billion of us fighting over ever shrinking resources

We have been moving in the right direction as far as resources are concerned(albeit very slowly) with the search for renewable resources. The biggest problem there is MONEY! The resources that would allow us all to live a better life are not profitable enough. Hopefully this will be overcome. But if society as a whole continues to be greedy then of course we will not see this(at least not in my lifetime).

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
The link is not working for me.
Can someone explain how shooter was going to make stock profits from this?

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Well that's gonna disappoint those on here who hoped the perp would be a immigrant muslim terrorist.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
The link is not working for me.
Can someone explain how shooter was going to make stock profits from this?

Here is the actual link:
www.oann.com...

This numb-nuts bought a bunch of stock that would have gone down significantly if one or more of the key players were"unavailable" to play.

German police arrested a man on Friday suspected of detonating three bombs that targeted the Borussia Dortmund soccer team bus in the hope of sending the club’s shares plummeting and making a profit on an investment, prosecutors said. In a statement, the federal chief prosecutor said the 28-year old man, a dual German and Russian national identified as Sergei V., had bought options on Borussia Dortmund’s stock before the attack. The team bus was heading to the club’s stadium for a Champions League match against AS Monaco on April 11 when the explosions went off, wounding Spanish defender Marc Bartra and delaying the match by a day.

The prosecutor’s office said the suspect had bought 15,000 put options, or contracts giving him the right to sell Borussia Dortmund’s shares at a pre-determined price, on the day of the attack, using a consumer loan he had signed a week earlier. “If the shares of Borussia Dortmund had fallen massively, the profit would have been several times the initial investment,” the prosecutor’s office said. The serious injury or death of any of the soccer players could have resulted in such a slump, it said.

Unfortunately for him not only did he get caught but the stocks rose.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Terror is terror regardless of who commits the act. The problem seems to be that with terrorist groups being a central focus in our everyday lives more people are emboldened to try something stupid and then try to direct it at a certain group. There are always off-the-wall people who want to do something stupid but I think with the thought of being able to point the focus elsewhere people are emboldened simply by the fact that they think there is a better chance of getting away with it.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Where's the anti cultural enrichment crowd mocking this reckless unculture of enrichment schemes?

Anyway. Friend of mine holds some Borussia stocks, bet he's having a blaze right now. Fun times, thanks for sharing!

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Oh, I know all about this case. I said at the start that I am 'fed up' with people making excuses. This includes every crazy, mentally ill, islamic nut in recent history.
Not just this case. [Very important I'll make that clear for you]

This case is just one of many. And I am fed up that every time a muslim kills or TRIES to kill [I don't know how this is better?, please enlighten me because I never went out TRYING to kill another person, that is quite serious IMO - don't you agree?] an innocent person, the excusers come out with the same excuses.

And the excuse is mental illness or being bullied or something else wishy washy like that.

What I said is that it doesn't matter, as madness and being an extreme muslim who wants to harm [kill, harm, mame, cut, pick your choice, they are all undesirable] others are not mutually exclusive.

Now I have explained that to you properly, maybe you want to go back and re-read MY comment. Any more questions, please ask, I'll be happy to repeat myself until I puke.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

If you know so much of this case, why do you keep saying that the suspect in custody follows Islam when there is absolutely nothing published to date that states what religion - if any - he follows? Why are you looking to make it about Islam rather than look at the actual facts as they stand?

Sheeesh, how blinkered can you get?

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Suspect in German soccer bus attack wanted to profit on stocks

On this episode of the worlds stupidest criminals.

Tune in next week.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Hmmmmm, this sounds familiar, buy put options, make a big explosion, leave evidence to point to it being terrorists, make money when the stocks go down. Didn't this happen on 911?

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: CthulhuMythos
Hmmmmm, this sounds familiar, buy put options, make a big explosion, leave evidence to point to it being terrorists, make money when the stocks go down. Didn't this happen on 911?

I don't know if it did but if that is true do you know who the person/people was/were that benefited from it?

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666

Oh, I know all about this case. I said at the start that I am 'fed up' with people making excuses. This includes every crazy, mentally ill, islamic nut in recent history.
Not just this case. [Very important I'll make that clear for you]

This case is just one of many. And I am fed up that every time a muslim kills or TRIES to kill [I don't know how this is better?, please enlighten me because I never went out TRYING to kill another person, that is quite serious IMO - don't you agree?] an innocent person, the excusers come out with the same excuses.

And the excuse is mental illness or being bullied or something else wishy washy like that.

What I said is that it doesn't matter, as madness and being an extreme muslim who wants to harm [kill, harm, mame, cut, pick your choice, they are all undesirable] others are not mutually exclusive.

Now I have explained that to you properly, maybe you want to go back and re-read MY comment. Any more questions, please ask, I'll be happy to repeat myself until I puke.

You can explain whatever you want but in your first post you somehow found me to be a hypocrite for something. Then you say you know the case. Well if you did know then you blatantly disregarded that information to make your first post.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Some german soccer fans in Dortmund's prison are going to have fun taking care of his a** stock too, play stupid games win stupid prizes

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthulhuMythos

I don't know if it did but if that is true do you know who the person/people was/were that benefited from it?

These give some idea as to the nature of the beast.

explains the put options

the bigger picture and the profiteers

top topics

join