It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well. My life is pretty much over...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Thank you for all the kind words and suggestions guys. They really do mean a lot.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimmyPilkington
Well. My life is pretty much over...

Where most of your misery is coming from is your imagination.
You afre imagining a miserable future, etc...
To be Here! Now! isn't easy, but it is not nearly as miserable as your thoughts will make you.
Never believe your thoughts.
They always go to the worst case scenario, and then find an even worse case to fret about.
Deal with one thing at a time, what is foremost on the front burner.
One bit at a time and you'll be able to offer words of wisdom someday, also.
Life doesn't even begin till 40! You are in 'boot camp', strengthening.
One thing at a time...
Stay focused.

A van is not a bad thing, inexpensive way to live, all things considered.
Hard to get laid from a van, if you aren't 17! *__-
One of my children is, once again, at a huge crossroads in life.
Seems every few years...

Oh, and if you really don't like something (or if you do), just do nothing at all for long enough, and it will pass/change! *__-

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: JimmyPilkington

Dude this is a reboot!!!!

This happened to me a 6 years ago... Ex wife said get out of her house.... Damn I am sure I was the one that paid for that home..... 3 months later in a dingie flat I realized that I was free. For me it was time for introspection I was 58 size 52 diabetes high blood pressure and cholesterol....

Present day as my introspection also took me walking as I had little cash..... UK Gov issued a flat..... As an American VN Era Vet I was and am humbled by this not to be homeless if this happened in my native state of California. Walking most days allowed me down to size 42 and a positive mental attitude. After 3 years my blood pressure and cholesterol were normal and last blood test my blood sugar was a normal level for the 2nd year running...... Met a wonderful super educated Lady on a dating site which was for people who think that they are more clever than they are...... because of past paid for the both of us My Lady and I wrote for 6 months solid.... When she suggested a voice conversation I was shook! Did not want to spoil nice correspondence, we were having!

I am now size 40 and my disabled body is moving as a result of her purchasing a gym pass for the last 20 months as one of the gym personal trainers has taken an interest in me thus getting stronger every day albeit my joints are still bad. I am happy and have a new idea.....

Tomorrow is another new day, yesterday can take care of itself, remain positive and look for open windows vs closed doors. Tomorrow is a new day which choices and chances that things will improve.....

When you become happy and life is working again in your favour you will realize what I did, If you are now happy then you cannot be upset with the past as that was the path it took to make you appreciate the happier days....

Poorly written sorry today is a bad joint day hence taking morphine which challenges the brain....

Good Luck dude - PM me if you want to discuss.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Jimmy...

Sorry, so very sorry to hear all of that. I know what it is like when the sky falls down around your ears, and it is never pretty, or easy, especially when you feel that folk have abandoned you.

Not that you asked, but I find getting good and bloody angry is a great motivator to go out and make the best of a bad situation. Your mileage may vary.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I like this TrueBrit fellow. Been paying attention to his postings for years.

Jimmy there are good people out there. Genuinely beautiful souls. It makes it all worth while.

Some soccer player (i don't like soccer too much) once said that 99% of soccer is absolute garbage but the remaining 1% is so cool that it makes it all worth it. That is pretty much how i see life in general.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Sorry to hear of your terrible misfortune. I really do hope things turn around for you soon.

Just remember: the chances of anything changing for the better can only increase as long as you are actively trying to make things better for yourself. Push yourself. Push yourself harder than you ever have in your life. This is a crisis situation and it will require an extraordinary effort on your behalf. You will have to reach deeper than you ever have before and you will face obstacles trying to hinder your progress. That is expected. But don't stop. Think hard, think deeply about some of the root causes behind why these depressing events (don't think of the events themselves, remember you want to know why they have allowed you to feel so bad) have taken place at this time when you are in this type of mindset.

Don't let the bad thoughts and emotional turmoil fester within you until they reach a point where improving your situation becomes even harder. I'm not talking about "self-belief" or "self-esteem" you don't have time to worry about the semantics of what I am saying, just recognise YOU can act. You CAN improve your life. It's not over as long as you try. Everything bad that has happened pales in significance to yourself in the future looking back at this time and thinking "I really felt THAT bad at that time, for THOSE reasons!"

You have shown that there is still a resolve to improve things and make your life better. Sharing what is happening to you on a public forum is far harder than going into your bed and lying there the whole day and going over how bad your life is and why you should just quit. So, you are NOT afraid of a challenge, you are NOT defeated, you are not going to WAIT to dig your own grace, you need to act now.

I look forward to the post from you in the future where you are telling us you have not given up, you are still fighting and you are NOT defeated.

You can do it. You know you can do it, I know you can do it, everyone reading this thread knows you can do it. What is stopping you? Do the best you can and change things for the better!

Potent strong vibes sent your way!

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   
It's hard to give advice or even "well wishes" to people because with not knowing you how could I find the right words?

But I can tell you that I was homeless for 6 years. From when I was 16 till I was 22. My mom lived in the same city but wouldn't help me. I have felt some of your pain. Throughout those years I had happy days and lonely days and bad days and normal ones. I learned that it was not who I was with or how much stuff I had that determined my state of mind. It always came from within. It's all in how you perceive it. These days I am feed, warm, and have a home. But I still think back on some of those homeless days with a smile on my face, even the bad ones. I wouldn't change any of it even if I could.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Keep an open mind and don't ignore the positives which are often good at hiding.

Perhaps this is all a blessing in disguise......

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   
A lot of the great entrepreneurs that went on to build empires sat where you are now. Many others that were once in your position say it was the best thing that ever happened to them because it gave them the kick they needed to realise their full potential. I am not saying you will build empires but I would only advise you to take this chance to find out what you really want to do.

Try to find that thing that you can't live without doing. What is it that makes your pulse raise with the excitement every time you think about doing it? Try to find it, and if and when you do find it, just set about doing it with everything you have and heart full of joy. Everything else will take care of itself if you follow the path and allow yourself the chance.

Don't rush, take your time, look around, listen, think, decide, and then act and don't allow anything to prevent you from doing that thing. Be that guy.
edit on 21-4-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Sorry Jimmy!

I've been in your shoes. Lost my job, place to live, spouse, and my pet, with nowhere to go and a child to support and try to comfort. That was the hardest.

Luckily I was able to get into a shelter for awhile.

I would have stayed at a campground, but it was Winter.

Take whatever job/s you can, libraries have computers you can use, money is money; you can rebuild a career again later. Are there any campgrounds you could stay at?

You'll find a new girl someday. Girls love to take care of guys! Find yourself a kind one next time I hope.

Your life isn't over; the universe is putting you on the path you are suppose to be on. Make it a controlled fall and get back up. You got this! Praying for you!

edit on 21-4-2017 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Every job is a stepping stone. There are 7 billion people on the planet. There's always work that needs to be done. You need to be more open minded to new possibilities. No matter what job you have there is never enough money. You might as well do something that you enjoy on some level. Every job as an element of toilet cleaning to it. I would not be too hung up on getting the right job. I would just get any job and keep stepping to find one that gives you an acceptable amount of pay and personal fulfillment. Just because you were laid off means nothing. Tons of business die every day. It's not a big deal. Stop being so dramatic. Be like Spock in Star Trek. Try to have no emotions and just run your life by logic for a while until your work life calms down. If you are having trouble finding work look to do some volunteer work as you are looking. People who make hiring decisions are looking for people who are upbeat and eager to start. Doing volunteer work shows you are interested in working.

And if all else fails live in your mother's basement.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

I can't stop staring at your avatar's boobs.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: KTemplar

I can't stop staring at your avatar's boobs.

Lol you missed the Sword! Focus on the Sword

edit on 21-4-2017 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Your shackles have all vanished into thin air, head somewhere warm and live your life man!

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

I have lung cancer and my life is not over. It's okay to cry, release some sadness or anger every day but wipe the tears away after a few minutes and get on with your goal for the day. Find something to be grateful for every day., that will help your mind stay intact when you feel like you're going to have a nervous breakdown. Break everything down to manageable parts. Shelter, job, food ( you can apply for food stamps). Best of luck.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Take care friend, be strong...we have had hard times in the past and just when I was close to despair things turned around.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Not technically over
Just needing a restart is all

Give it a couple of months and you will find your feet and then start walking, running, blah blah, inspirational stuff

Yeah, life can be a crap storm and then it gets heavier and thicker and you just have to take one step at a time, remember to breathe

Agreed!

I've had some rough seas to contend with myself in my life. Just keep moving forward. And breathe.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Look at this as an opportunity to make a big change in your life. Maybe move somewhere else. A change of scenery could do you well. The best is yet to come! Head up!

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Once you hit bottom, there's only one direction to go.

#bounceback

edit on 3953x6739America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago4 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Hey there. Sorry you're feeling so down! That's a pretty rough string of events, and then to feel treated poorly by your own blood must have stung.

I do have faith though, that even though you feel despair now, that you are very strong, and you will do what you need to do to overcome this current situation.

Rooting for ya!

-Alee

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join