It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post-Modern American Liberalism

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I am acutely aware of the fact that I'm on a Conspiracy Theory site. That's why I'm mindblown watching what is happening. Alex Jones has just been revealed as a phony. Even this site has banned some of his crap like Sandy Hook being a false flag or Pizzagate resulting in the store being shot up. I'd never heard of him until I came here.

Then I watched his whatever Bilderberger extravaganza and some other nonsense about Obama. That was six years ago.
Since then, I have learned via searching and comparing and denying ignorance and reading all points of view, only to find he was toxic. I have listened to him, I have driven through areas where he is the only thing that is on the radio to listen to. Well, that and commodities futures.

I am unable to make sense of the apparent support for a man who has just admitted he is a phony and a liar! SO OFTEN he is used as a source here. And O'Reilly with him!!!

How is ATS not picketing FOX and INFOWARS right now?

edit on 4/22/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Just in case it wasn't apparent:
I mean Conspiracy Theorist CELEBRITIES are toxins, not ATS members en masse. I mean the ones who start it. Who sell it to gullible audiences.

David Icke, Alex Jones, Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, you know. The "superstars".
ATS members and readers are not the ones making up the "conspiracies". They just curate and review and talk about them.
edit on 4/22/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: SEE? See how important EDITING is?????

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Yea.....those guys.

I've never paid any attention to them. I don't even know what David Icke looks like. Mention of them in a post is a quick indicator that i should just keep scrolling for something more interesting.

I feel ya. You know that there is an opposite to those extremes? Without working hard and trying to think, Maddow is an example of O'Reillys opposite.

The stress of social change can make some people believe some weird things, i guess.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I guess.

Peers, to be sure. Foils to one another. (It was so cool when I learned fencing so long ago!! Also stage fighting....fists, kicks, rapiers, foils, broadswords, etc.)

Anyway. Maddow in my opinion is the better. I know you don't like to listen to her - you and, I think The Redneck? - anyway neither here nor there. I can't stand listening to the voice of Cruz or Trump or Jones. I get it.

Still: Maddow's performance is based in facts. It is serious and verifiable. O'Reilly's is based on rabble-rousing hyperbole. Of which you recently called me on the carpet to reiterate the statement in better words.

I am willing to do that. That is why all of my posts get multiple edits. It's because I know I only have a few moments to insert a timely and appropriate comment, and to get it on the thread. Then, I have two hours to go back and review it, redact it, edit it, rephrase it or explain it. If I don't get it accomplished, then that's on me as the writer. Editing is what writers do. Submit and then use two hour window to edit prior to final draft being locked in.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

rather, the freedom of the majority to tell the rest how to live

That's a lot better than the minority telling everyone else how to live, which is what conservatives want.

Conservatism, and the religions, militaries, corporations, money and corruption it brings is the biggest threat.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85

originally posted by: GreyScale

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: GodEmperor

I hate that they even claim the term "liberal" when they support authoritarian dictates.

Myself as well.

They're progressives. although they only use the term between themselves.

Let's just tell it like it is... an actual liberal has nothing to do with the current batch of Marxists.

This is a very important distinction. There are far too many people on these boards who talk about anyone left of centre like this. It's like calling all Cons KKK.

Which is another bizarre but true thing that happens all the time , usually posted by a liberal that was never told that the KKK was grown, funded and used by none other than the Democratic party.

The historical re-write of that is what originally attracted me to looking into political history. Over 1200 whites were strung up by the KKK too... they were not on a rampage to kill blacks, they were killing Republicans. A lot of blacks at the time were Republican... something about that party freeing them from slavery by Democratic owners. The Dems put a whole lot of money and time into the KKK.

If you think that is ancient history, there are still Dem senators that are KKK. Bird, who died the longest serving US senator in history, was a KKK upper echelon member and recruiter for the Klan. He died in 2010. Which may be ancient history for a progressive, who wakes up, gets an email about who they are supposed to hate that day, then make up their history as it suits them.

"Whatever you are, whatever you believe, accuse your opponent of it. Repeat it over and over and over until they defend themselves and say that they are not. Then you've won"

Typical Salinksi progressive tactics. Not even original... he stole the idea from Marx.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
this is what I'm reading on here:

I hate that they even claim the term "liberal" when they support authoritarian dictates.

Response:

Myself as well.

They're progressives. although they only use the term between themselves.

Let's just tell it like it is... an actual liberal has nothing to do with the current batch of Marxists.

Then:

This is a very important distinction. There are far too many people on these boards who talk about anyone left of centre like this. It's like calling all Cons KKK.
Which is another bizarre but true thing that happens all the time , usually posted by a liberal that was never told that the KKK was grown, funded and used by none other than the Democratic party.

The historical re-write of that is what originally attracted me to looking into political history. Over 1200 whites were strung up by the KKK too... they were not on a rampage to kill blacks, they were killing Republicans. A lot of blacks at the time were Republican... something about that party freeing them from slavery by Democratic owners. The Dems put a whole lot of money and time into the KKK.

If you think that is ancient history, there are still Dem senators that are KKK. Bird, who died the longest serving US senator in history, was a KKK upper echelon member and recruiter for the Klan. He died in 2010. Which may be ancient history for a progressive, who wakes up, gets an email about who they are supposed to hate that day, then make up their history as it suits them.

"Whatever you are, whatever you believe, accuse your opponent of it. Repeat it over and over and over until they defend themselves and say that they are not. Then you've won"

Typical Salinksi progressive tactics. Not even original... he stole the idea from Marx.

The parties have swapped positions. Look it up.

Salinski
What?

just....
Really?

yeah..... No. Keep studying though, you're on track!

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

I am acutely aware of the fact that I'm on a Conspiracy Theory site. That's why I'm mindblown watching what is happening. Alex Jones has just been revealed as a phony. Even this site has banned some of his crap like Sandy Hook being a false flag or Pizzagate resulting in the store being shot up. I'd never heard of him until I came here.

Then I watched his whatever Bilderberger extravaganza and some other nonsense about Obama. That was six years ago.
Since then, I have learned via searching and comparing and denying ignorance and reading all points of view, only to find he was toxic. I have listened to him, I have driven through areas where he is the only thing that is on the radio to listen to. Well, that and commodities futures.

I am unable to make sense of the apparent support for a man who has just admitted he is a phony and a liar! SO OFTEN he is used as a source here. And O'Reilly with him!!!

I don't see why ATS should be picketing either one. I stay away from infowars because it is nutbar, it's only toxic to those who actually take an entertainment media organization seriously. I do enjoy Glenn Beck on the radio, there are times when the things he talks about are very insightful, but he is wrong on a whole lot of things in my opinion.

I don't know if you're alluding to the theories that I put forward as something I got from a 'conspiracy pundit', but if I did it's news to me.
edit on 22-4-2017 by GodEmperor because: grammar

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

I don't see why ATS should be picketing either one. I stay away from infowars because it is nutbar, it's only toxic to those who actually take an entertainment media organization seriously. I do enjoy Glenn Beck on the radio, there are times when the things he talks about are very insightful, but he is wrong on a whole lot of things in my opinion.

I don't know if you're alluding to the theories that I put forward as something I got from a 'conspiracy pundit', but if they did it's news to me.

Fair enough. You and I are still getting acquainted relative to our stances and positions.

(Glenn Beck is also one of them, you know. One of the lying liars who tell lies. And get rich off of it.)

I'm contributing only on the grounds that Alex Jones and Bill O'Reilly and Glenn Beck have all been brought low. Exposed as carpet-bagging trolls. Getting their comeuppance. It's a lovely thing.
Much anticipated and now delicious to behold. Mixed metaphor intended.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I haven't heard anything scandalous about Beck, did I miss something?

No matter what one believes, the liberal world order only brought about short-term success. It has reached the point of leaving America in decline, and possibly societal collapse. Globalization is a major component of the LWO, and has served to embolden corporations to eclipse in power of most nations.

This is a little off-topic being such a broad subject, but the LWO is the reason America is in decline.

scholar.princeton.edu...

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Glenn Beck’s Regrets

His paranoid style paved the road for Trumpism. Now he fears what’s been unleashed.

during the first 14 months of the Obama administration, according to Dana Milbank’s book Tears of a Clown: Glenn Beck and the Tea Bagging of America, Beck and guests on his Fox News show invoked “fascism,” “Nazis,” “Hitler,” “the Holocaust” and “Joseph Goebbels” 487 times. For good measure, Beck in 2007 said that Hillary Clinton sounds like “the stereotypical bitch.”

Then he found sobriety (and, apparently, religion).

Beck says he’s sorry for all that. “I played a role, unfortunately,” he told Megyn Kelly during a 2014 interview on Fox News, “in helping tear the country apart.” He told me that now that America has “hit the iceberg,” he wants to help it heal. “I’m not the guy you want at the beginning of the ride on the Titanic, because I’m the guy going out and saying, ‘We’re going to hit ice,’ ” he explained. “But once she starts going down, I’m the guy who would be standing at the lifeboats saying, ‘Relax, it’s going to be okay. Let’s get the women and the children in the boats. Let’s not tear each other apart.’ ”

/shrug

too little, too late. IMO.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Oh yay! Another anti Liberal hate thread on ATS! How fresh and original!!!!

Great thread! S&F!!!!!!!1111111

Well if liberals didn't make it so easy...

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Remember Beck was a CNN host at one time.

Once contaminated, always contaminated.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

You would probably have to actually listen to what was said, The Atlantic is not the most neutral of sources.

He hasn't been with Fox News since 2011, but how many media personalities admit fault to the current state of the country?

Has Maddow admitted any guilt in creating the partisan divide and tearing the country apart? Those anti-Trump rioters certainly aren't listening to right-wing radio.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

And people like yourself call for every more and more laws and regulations to stick it to the man without seeming to realize that you are the lobbyists best allies.

You are giving them what they want -- a public voice to push the very measures they are bribing the politicians into passing. Then Joe Blow congressman can tell you all he "got stuff done" and all the while the pile of rules and regs and cronyism make sure that only the very big survive and there are fewer and fewer options for anyone every year.

Do you understand why people call for deregulation? There is a point where this can actually be useful because it would allow competition again and might serve to bring down the mighty.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Buzzy ... we all listen to what we like to hear. You like Maddow because she takes the facts and spins them to your language and point of view. Others like listening to other voices in the media because they do the same thing: take the facts and spin them to other languages and points of view.

What you have to get good out is picking the fact out of the spin.

If you can do that, then it doesn't much matter whose point of view you prefer to listen to. The only thing is that I like to get some variety because I like to see what the other point of view is doing to spin the facts. It also helps me to determine what the actual facts are. Those are the only things either side will have in common.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

I guess you missed the whole history thing then.

Having seen your posts on other political threads I applaud your attempts at being relevant while still being profoundly ignorant on the topic.

I've nothing further to add but carry on! You're doing the best you can under the circumstances!!!

edit on 0Sun, 23 Apr 2017 00:37:04 -0500America/Chicago17rd2017-04-23T00:37:04-05:00amSundayAmerica/Chicago by GreyScale because: Cleaned up a dropped 'ed so the grammer coppers wouldn't gripe about that too...

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: GreyScale

You have no idea what I know about history. "Salinski" is all the evidence I need to know that it is not I who am ill-equipped to comment.

It is the job of responsible adults and voters to educate themselves and READ BOTH SIDES before taking a firm stance. It's unpleasant, often brutal and not infrequently nauseating, but one must truly educate oneself on both sides of the issues. The parties swapped positions. That is fact.

Saul Alinsky was a fantastic community organizer and definitely influenced people like Obama. And many many many thousands of smaller-scale activists. There is no shame in helping communities get organized and become decent places to live.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
You're welcome, folks. Do try to educate yourselves more accurately about what liberal progressives are really about.
That's why we're here, presumably, to deny ignorance. Acknowledge what you don't know, learn it, then adjust your views from the new perspective.

That is what intelligent, sane, educated people do. Being one myself, live, on the ground and at this meeting is at least "exhibit A" for purposes of illustration, is it not? So. Don't tell us about what we are. LEARN FROM US about what we are. It's all right out there in the open. Avail yourselves. Reality doesn't live at INFOWARS.

edit on 4/23/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

What we really want? We want for bad actors to stop being dicks to everyone else, stop the collusion and criminal banking system, spread the vast wealth around so everyone gets to eat and have a home and school. Apparently that is too much to ask. Sure, we can do it at grassroots levels, and yes, the government red-tape needs to be cleaned up, systems need to be updated, problems addressed. Just like owning a home. The gutters worn out? Replace the gutters. They worked for a while, then the slapped-together repairs proved to be even more problematic.

Yes, clean it up. Let localities and states decide what's best for their own citizens. I'm actually in favor of busting up the 'states' into nation-states in a Union like the EU. The ones who want out can go. Good riddance. Make your own state friendly to your own people and leave the other states alone. Fine. Do it.

I am currently making plans toward a move to New England. Going to get the hell out of this state, but until I go, I will continue FIGHTING its governor - who's a Dominionist asshat who has ruined us. RUINED US. It's national news, Kansas is broken. Brownback BROKE IT. The legislature, for example, just passed a bill to expand Medicaid (providing coverage for the uninsured and indigent), and Brownback VETOED IT. That's the kind of scum he is.

Our school funding is on the table right now. Our school district's newsletter arrived yesterday. There is an entire page devoted to the work that needs to be done to keep our schools going. He doesn't want that, either.

You all think it would be a libertarian, ultra-conservative Mayberry RFD environment recreated just for you. That isn't what happened. This place sucks. Kansas City itself is a purple dot, and Lawrence is Royals blue. The rest of the state is deep deep red - and even though there are bright people, good individuals, and even Dodge City and Garden City have good representations of liberals, and Wichita came very close to voting in a D for the Pompeo vacancy, we still have to deal with the Kochs and Brownback. They are running the show.

edit on 4/23/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Im hoping to avoid the "no real scotsman" fallacy here. With that, it seems that the media is doing a fine job of defining all the political "who's" you could be associated with. If you're liberal, you stand in the street and block off traffic. If you're conservative you hate mexicans. And if you're independant you're too indecisive to not waste a vote.

So, with that narrative promoted into the common daily vernacular....which scotsman would you say you are?
Im happy to admit in too indecisive to not waste a vote, myself. I suspect, however, that media has yet to define your general stance, as it isn't ridiculous and you aren't starting fires and lobbing empty bottles at crowds.

you see....these discussions aren't about the average person. The average person isn't doing things that draw attention. The entire purpose of these news reports is to give average people a place to throw rotten tomatoes at the idiots among us. And ill be damned if we don't instead bicker during rites of virtue signaling.

Its strange, the more i step back and look at it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join