It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars' Boyega searched at airports 'every single time'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
news.sky.com...

If your called out on that airline so many times then surely you remember the airline? i,ve been to paris 3 times in last 5 years and been to orlando in last 2 years and everytime me and my fiancee have been stopped and searched.

i have no problem with it,if you let them get on with their job without being an arse its over in mins and i can remember every airline.

2 times paris was britsh airways and 3rd was easy jet.....orlando was also british airways.

i,m far from racist but think it really is getting played too much these days.
edit on 2013 by sparky31 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2013 by sparky31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I apologize, but I fail to see the point of your thread or how it relates to the title in any way.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89
The actor John Boyega, who is in Star Wars said he gets searched every time he goes through the airport. I don't think it's a race thing though, my mom is a 67 year old white woman and has been tested for explosive residue the past 3 times she has gone out of country, twice to Europe and once to Mexico.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Happens to me, too. It's one of the reasons I quit flying. I was tested for explosives the last time. The time before that, I had a TSA agent freak the EFF out at me and demand to know what was "in" my necklace. It was an amethyst crystal. I said, "It's a rock....ummmm minerals?". Supposedly it has something to do with your flight patterns- flying by yourself a lot, getting one way tickets to places, etc. I'm not convinced, though, it could be because I checked out the book 1984 from my high school library for all I know. Now I just drive. Road trips are more fun, anyway.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: XxitsTtimexX

I get from his mild complaint is that the airlines don't know that he is an entertainment personality...and, I guess, he believes that they should know that.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I wouldn't jump to that conclusion. Most people I know who get additional screening every time are pretty peeved by it. It's annoying, intrusive, and often scary. I've met a few little old ladies who are genuinely offended that some computer somewhere thinks they personally are a threat to national security. Most people would be OK with it if it really seemed random, and happened to them only a few times. But EVERY SINGLE TIME? The airport is awful enough. I'm not famous and I disliked the whole experience enough that I just stopped flying.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: XxitsTtimexX

I get from his mild complaint is that the airlines don't know that he is an entertainment personality...and, I guess, he believes that they should know that.

I also take that he'd like to not be searched so frequently.

TBH, that is why i stopped flying I flew to NYC twice over an 8 month period, with a trip to Decatur IL in there somewhere. I got the full "step aside and scan" every time. When they came out with grope and rope and the naked body scanners, i decided that my privacy was worth more than my need to fly. Honestly, i can usually drive there as fast as flying if its within 10 hours, since i have to make at least 1 connection on any flight not to Dallas or Houston, and usually 2 (business class....you fly all over the country to get 5 hours away).

ETA: for my birthday several years ago my wife bought me round trip plan tickets from Midland TX to San Antonio. My friend lives there and had bought Metallica tickets for us. So i flew down and enjoyed the show. WHen it came time for the return flight, he was going to come back to west texas too. But he was driving. Instead of driving with him, i opt for the plane thinking i'd beat him home. Its a 5 hour drive, and he was home an hour ahead of me, after dropping me at the airport just shy of the TSA required 2 hour window.
edit on 4/20/2017 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

top topics

join