It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forget sanctuary cities. Oakland approves sanctuary workplaces

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

I've heard legend that one day there will be a developer who isn't interested in cheaper construction labor costs, and he will ride in on a unicorn.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

How are the workers paying payroll taxes?

What or who's Social Security number are they using?

If they have an authentic SSN, then doesn't that make them citizens?

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Sorry to interrupt your SJW'ing...

originally posted by: buster2010
What ever happened to states rights? Why should the federal government have the right to tell a state who can be there and who cannot?

What is so hard for you all to grasp this?
You break the law, you get punished.
I suggest you get used to the word NO. Because this will be the administration of NO.

At least these people are working and paying into the system.

Please explain to me how they are actually paying into the system with no tax identification number?

The better way to fight illegal immigration is to arrest the people hiring the illegals.

Both should be punished for the laws broken.
Quit trying to paint these illegal immigrants as victims!
Your virtue signal doesn't work here!

We can start with Donnie and work our way down.

Because he personally oversees the hiring of the thousands of employees who work at his many businesses?
Funny how you liberals prove to me daily your lack of business, market, labor, and employment knowledge.

Strike 3...
You're out...
edit on 20-4-2017 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Bro, but then you'd be a "fascist", when they make up their own reality it's "progress."

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

They aren't paying into the system, because you can't pay taxes without an I9 and to have an I9 you need a Govt ID and social. Good try though.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

It ain't just the developer, nor the General Contractors. The banks are less apt to loan as much money as they used to. Every single change order these days must be met with bank approval, no matter how vital that change is to project completion. Wasn't like that 10 years ago.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
What ever happened to states rights?

All provisions not specifically delegated to the federal government do indeed belong to the States and the People.

Immigration (and all other interactions with foreign citizens) is a federal responsibility.

Why should the federal government have the right to tell a state who can be there and who cannot?

Because immigration (and all other interactions with foreign citizens) is a federal responsibility.

At least these people are working and paying into the system.

USA citizens would also be paying into the system, if the illegals were not diminishing the demand for labor.

The better way to fight illegal immigration is to arrest the people hiring the illegals.

We can agree there.

We can start with Donnie and work our way down.

I'm all for it.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

It ain't just the developer, nor the General Contractors. The banks are less apt to loan as much money as they used to. Every single change order these days must be met with bank approval, no matter how vital that change is to project completion. Wasn't like that 10 years ago.

Yup.

And you have to pass an annual audit of your financial position to retain your debt service. If your business begins to underperform you may be asked to amend your payment schedule to reduce the risk.

The trick is to create a standard model that allows for this easy, seamless communication to your bankers. Once you have the system, you just roll it out and manage it in the future. Adding to the complexity for businessowners who can't borrow their capital (or business models that won't support the risk for debt service) are other capital stack elements like tax credits. Although once you get the credits, maintenancing the agreement is relatively simple (you mostly just report simple statistic info from your financial statement or its supporting docs)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
And another in the long list of totally outlandish contradictions that is the liberal platform:

We love labor unions, but insist on illegal aliens taking jobs on the grandest scale possible.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Nothing like giving the employer something over the employees to keep them in line. If the employee quits or does something wrong, the employer will fire him and not protect him anymore. It sounds like a possible leverage scam to me, a way of dominating illegal immigrants.

Since the Employer is doing such a favor for these people, they need to work hard and for less of a wage than citizens would work for.

This whole kind of thing reminds me of the factory slaughter houses and farms that truck in illegal immigrants and work them until they are wore out, then call some corrupt agency to deport their butts.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The unraveling has progressed. The US is being dissolved into City States.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join