It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New England Patriots rebuff CNN, NYT #FakeNews about White House event

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The New England Patriots were at the White House the other day for a Super Bowl victory celebration.

Apparently some people at CNN and the New York Times didn't like it because they attempted to downplay the event by claiming there were less attendees than a previous year !!

They posted pictures that suggest a lower attendance.

But the Patriots proved them wrong !!

And of course (after the damage was done), CNN and NYT did a slow redaction.

Bitter jealousy and hatred must have been the theme.

New England Patriots rebuff CNN, NYT #FakeNews about White House event

The New England Patriots thankfully corrected an outrageous, politically charged tweet by New York Times Sports which heavily implied that the New England Patriots rebuffed the White House, where they were honored for being the Super Bowl champions this week.

The fake photo continues to be posted all over Twitter.

Not to be outdone, the highly partisan Eleanor Mueller of CNN Politics picked up the “news story” with the headline “The Patriots go to Washington — some of them, at least.”

Both the New York Times & CNN updated their stories to reflect the Patriots tweet, but they both heavily downplayed the fact that they were caught in a politically-charged lie.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
My crowd is bigger than your crowd? Again?

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
It's funny, when Tim Thomas of the Bruins refused to go to the White House for political reasons, it was full-time blame Tim Thomas for being unreasonable and disrespectful. Now, even though it is untrue, the self-same press try to blame it on the Prez instead of any player that chose not to go. There's such a blindingly obvious double standard it's truly disgusting and unAmerican.

link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I know right. The liberal media needs to let go of their ego and quit pushing fake news.

link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I know right. When will CNN and others just stop with this irrelevant crap.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Why does one year to the other matter?
People think about this crap way to much.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

I know right. The liberal media needs to let go of their ego and quit pushing fake news.

Great minds and all that....

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Well folks you wanted a Celeb Potus, this is the kind of news that's going to be considered 'fresh and great'.

It's a bit ironic that Trump is so easily triggered - and so are the media both left and right about the whole issue.

And besides, liberals can't report the real news anyway, conservatives still say it's fake. They do get their marching orders from Spicy Sean after all...

"The carrier is on it's way"

"That's not what we said, we said it was going there, it is now, so I didn't lie".

It's sad really.

~Tenth
edit on 4/20/2017 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

What does any of this have to do with Trump. CNN and NYT posted partisan crap and the Patriots refuted it. How does Trump figure into this?

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargamel

Because the liberals would not have reported it if it was Hillary in office.

I'm just pointing out the the insanity of the news and what is being reported ' as news ' has a direct correlation to the type of person elected to office.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Theres no reaction from Trump in this, just the Fake news outlets and the Patriots proving them wrong.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

You better ask why the flaming Leftist CNN and flaming Leftist failing NYT needed to bring it up in the first place?
Any lie to create a non-story will work for them.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Well you say that..

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
how many patriots players showed up last year? how many patriots players showed up this year? where was danny amendola when trump was praising him? was he in fact there? was tom brady there? asking because i saw a meme on facebook yesterday and just want to see if it was truthful.

edit to add just read that the patriots tweeted 34 players were there this year as opposed to 50 players for obama, total number of patriots staff was roughly the same though. what i gather from this is more players did indeed boycott trump as opposed to obama, but more "staff"(not players) showed up for trump than showed up for obama..imagine that.

if true that brady didn't show up, i wonder why, wasn't he a vocal trump supporter? well good for him for dissing obama and trump

edit on 20-4-2017 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I wouldn't say he is triggered or that he even mentioned details, just that (surprise!) MSM lying again about anything Trump.

If this keeps happening to you, wouldn't you revel in it a little when your foes are caught being naughty?

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

alright. fair enough reasoning. I would also suggest that the media would not report on it because they would not have a politically motivated agenda to trash the POTUS.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

oh I just took a cheap shot at Trump over this and then happened to find his tweet lol

But back to your question, if my relationship with the truth was as rocky as Trump's is, I would probably try and defend myself every chance I got too.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The actual problem here is that Kraft is Trumps long time friend so any statement is going to be neutral at best. There are players that stated they wouldn't go for political reasons. Brady would have gone but his mother's health is his priority right now.

At the end of the day, crap like this doesn't matter. What's really important is that Roger Godell continues to eat sht.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
bottom line, less patriot players showed up for trump than obama. make of it what you will.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
how many patriots players showed up last year? how many patriots players showed up this year? where was danny amendola when trump was praising him? was he in fact there? was tom brady there? asking because i saw a meme on facebook yesterday and just want to see if it was truthful.

edit to add just read that the patriots tweeted 34 players were there this year as opposed to 50 players for obama, total number of patriots staff was roughly the same though. what i gather from this is more players did indeed boycott trump as opposed to obama, but more "staff"(not players) showed up for trump than showed up for obama..imagine that.

if true that brady didn't show up, i wonder why, wasn't he a vocal trump supporter? well good for him for dissing obama and trump

Tom's wife wouldn't let him go.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join