It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 policemen shot in paris - 1 dead (BREAKING NEWS)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
www.bbc.com...

Two policemen wounded in shooting on Champs Elysees in Paris, French media say

Juat breaking. Could be anything. More to follow....
edit on 20-4-2017 by kamatty because: (no reason given)

Im hearing 1 dead policeman, 1 seriously injured and the shooter is also dead

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: kamatty
www.bbc.com...

I was in Paris yesterday, first time in 10 years... What the hell has happened there???, it is terrible!!!.. There was tons of Police at Gard Du Nord and also a number of covert cars flying around with removable emergency lights going.

Makes me wonder if they had some intel?, that is if it turns out to be something far more sinister..

But honestly the main areas of the city centre have a real odd feel to them, dare I say I was happy to get back to London..

EDIT:: Taken from the report...
There is no word on the identity of the gunman. Jihadism is a major issue in the vote after attacks claimed by so-called Islamic State.

Well if you was not forcing cultural enrichment with people that obviously do not like the western culture or way of life then it would not be a issue would it you f#cking morons, I guess at the end of all this we will get a "lone nut" no known terror links and we have a dead Policeman that no doubt leaves behind many people that cared for him when he was doing his job..

Well done to our European elite overlords fulfilling their Islamic fetish..

RA
edit on 20-4-2017 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
SkyNews just tweeted out that French police are saying "it's probably a terrorist act."

ETA - one officer dead one critical, attacker dead.

SkyNews twitter
edit on 20-4-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Here we go again.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
It may come as a surprise to you all but the police are saying its likely a terrorist act

French police say shooting in the Champs-Elysees area of Paris in which one police officer has been killed was probably "a terrorist act"

The area is been shut down and people advised to stay away

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

I think the mix of rising world tensions, the recent UK attack and next week's French presidential election have created the perfect storm to put Paris on edge.

Stay safe French friends.

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: barwars47
a reply to: slider1982

I think the mix of rising world tensions, the recent UK attack and next week's French presidential election have created the perfect storm to put Paris on edge.

Stay safe French friends.

Or it could be that from my observation I witnessed yesterday was copious amounts of young men of middle eastern and north African heritage walking around with a real chip on their shoulder, I do not mean people from French linked ex colonies... Maybe these people have come from the Jungle camp??, I only know that I would not take my wife and kid to Paris any time soon and I am very well travelled but honestly I was getting some really bad juju yesterday whilst I was there...

RA

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Reporting two attackers with one killed at the scene, according to Reuters.

All that security and something like this still occurs.

Currently watching BBC News, and it all looks quite serene, so maybe they have the 2nd attacker?

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
How many in April now?....

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Might drop a tenner on LePen if this keeps up.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982

www.bbc.com...

I was in Paris yesterday, first time in 10 years... What the hell has happened there???, it is terrible!!!.. There was tons of Police at Gard Du Nord and also a number of covert cars flying around with removable emergency lights going.

Makes me wonder if they had some intel?, that is if it turns out to be something far more sinister..

But honestly the main areas of the city centre have a real odd feel to them, dare I say I was happy to get back to London..

There is no word on the identity of the gunman. Jihadism is a major issue in the vote after attacks claimed by so-called Islamic State.

Well if you was not forcing cultural enrichment with people that obviously do not like the western culture or way of life then it would not be a issue would it you f#cking morons, I guess at the end of all this we will get a "lone nut" no known terror links and we have a dead Policeman that no doubt leaves behind many people that cared for him when he was doing his job..

RA

You were experiencing the wonderful world of diversity?

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Watching BFM
Impressive images of an assortment of maybe 50 police vehicules along Les Champs

Mixed messages coming through - could be terrorists or, a hold up gone wrong
The hold up scenerio seems to be gaining traction

It's important to understand that yes the Champs Elysées is a tourist trap,
and a high profile target zone.
There's also a nightclub scene in adjacent roads.

There are often (as in, every other week) reports of shootings at certain nightclubs...

Given the 'thing' at the Louvre last year, i won't be jumping to any conclusions.

22.11 : to add
latest update
The shooter, in a car, pulled up next to a stationary traffic police car and opened fire
1 policeman killed outright, now saying 2 other policemen also shot
Shooter killed by a roaming BAC brigade

Shooter 'a known' by the security services

Now saying DGSI (internal security) treating it as terrorisme,
maybe another shooter is on the loose
the whole quartier is shut down

*opinion by BFM commentator : could be a 'suicide by police' type affair*
edit on 20/4/17 by Damiel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
There's 33 stabbings in London each day, and a good few acid attacks as well. Paris is saturated with illegal immigrants trying to get to England.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
There's 33 stabbings in London each day, and a good few acid attacks as well. Paris is saturated with illegal immigrants trying to get to England.

Which is mostly by youths that were born here.. and a big majority of those are black on black crimes...

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell
Hmm hmm
London is the new Chicago ?

Any, y'know, 'evidence' to back that one up ?
What are the stats for other metropoles in the UK ?

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: slider1982

www.bbc.com...

RA

You were experiencing the wonderful world of diversity?

I would say I was experiencing the bottom of the barrel, Diversity to some point "can" be good but lets not be kidding ourselves Europe is not importing skilled experts in expanding fields.

I was actually going to do a thread on what I saw and witnessed but after this I see little point.. "I think" I may have seen a future for Europe on the whole yesterday, believe me it is not pretty....

The people that allowed this happen to their citizens should hold their head in shame, the democratic republic of EuroStan is well under way.. Sure people are leaving the third world, but the elephant in the room may just be that it is the third world because of the people, you have to ask this question when what was once a lovely city now resembles a banana republic.

RA
edit on 20-4-2017 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Damiel

Evening Standard article about stabbings in London

According to that it's closer to 28-29 a day than 33 but let's not pretend that's a monumental difference.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Might drop a tenner on LePen if this keeps up.

Exactly........ You can even get the idea the French secret service are behind the attack. Right wing elements attempting to get Le Pen into power might even 'let' a few attackers to slip through the security net so as to boost her chaces of winnig. this would be easy to do with undoubtably loads of plans by terrorists both imported from the ME and domestics from the suburbs who want to bring civil war to France, so easy for the services to let an attack take place.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Damiel

Evening Standard article about stabbings in London

According to that it's closer to 28-29 a day than 33 but let's not pretend that's a monumental difference.

Thats just the ones who are actually stabbed. The number of incidents involving knifes is a whole lot higer.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Actually shot or shot as in had an AK47 apparently pop them in the skull at point blank range with no blood? Can never tell with the French.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join