It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Wolff: It's James Murdoch's Fox News Now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
After 20 years. Fox News haters are going to get what they always wanted. Just another television station spouting the same bs as CNN, and MSNBC. The conservative voice in American politics is dead.

I have witnessed some misplaced trust on Tucker Carlson taking over for O'reilly. Tucker answers to James. A petulant, arrogant legend in his own mind sort.

James Murdoch the poster child for the limousine liberal.

Fox News is a business he should not be in, he had told people before, despite its major contribution to 21st Century Fox's bottom line —20 percent of its profits came from Fox News last year, the biggest-earning division in the company. Presumably, he meant the in-your-face world of conservative cable news with its mega personalities. Indeed, James regarded many of the people at Fox News as thuggish Neanderthals and said he was embarrassed to be in the same company with them.

RIP Fox News

It was great while it lasted.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I was told that Tucker carries water for Putin, this cant be true!!!!

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Globalism and a 1 World government marches on.........

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Fox has been just as biased for the right as CNN or msnbc has been for the left.

O'Reilly leaving is not some great loss the country.

None of the cable "news" should be trusted or even viewed by anyone ever.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
well i guess the balance is about to be broken and the democrats will rule without a challenge in the future.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Although I haven't had satellite tv for over a year now and didn't watch cable news when I did, I seriously doubt this will lower foxes ratings very much.
This will be just like your favorite team trading away a star player only to be replaced by another.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
Fox has been just as biased for the right as CNN or msnbc has been for the left.

O'Reilly leaving is not some great loss the country.

None of the cable "news" should be trusted or even viewed by anyone ever.

Agreed!

After I found out of O'Reilly and his frequent flier miles on Evergreen Air, never trusted him since....

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

It's about a lot more than that.

Fox News drastically changed over the years.

O'reilly was just the latest casualty.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

also for any of you thinking conservative voices can still be heard through youtube, guess who is also behind the massive pullout of advertisers from youtube... murdoch.

i have no doubt that other media is next on his hit list.
edit on 20-4-2017 by namehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Bluntone22

It's about a lot more than that.

Fox News drastically changed over the years.

O'reilly was just the latest casualty.

And show me one MSM outlet that hasn't changed in the last 20 years? They all have their own agenda...come on ATS...

DENY IGNORANCE!!

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I've been tired of all the left/right rhetoric for sometime. I recently discovered One America News Network on DirecTV. Its on channel 347 and the website is One News Network. So far, it looks pretty good, broadcasting just the news.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

i disagree, if you've spent enough time watching fox including O'Reilly it seems to me it should be obvious what fox is, its a front, its not truly right wing, it pretends to favor the right, it WANTS you to think it favors the right, and yet they carried anti trump stories, they covered them with this tone that they want to defend trump, yet they would intentionally gloss over any significant points that would have defended him, focusing instead on the same points the left leaning outlets would focus on.

sure they'd have this tone of "isnt it horrible the lefts are saying this about trump" all the while repeating the same lines themselves multiple times.

this is just one example they've been doing this for decades, i remember it clearly with bush as well, all 8 years. growing up with republican parents fox was on every day, i too thought it was certainly just right wing biased, until i started actually paying attention to the world with online medias is when i started to realize how much important details the right wing would benefit from that fox would always exclude from their coverage or talking points. pay attention to both your alternative medias AND fox and you can spot their aim.

they are trying to have a honeypot of sorts for the right wing, a place to control the opposition, lure in the right wingers with their supposed right wing bias, all the while giving them misinformation to dis-empower them.

for the record i am not republican

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
It's capitalism...

Fox brought it all down on themselves by appealing to a limited demographic and advertisers bailing on the network.

It was a business decision.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Don't worry, MSNBC wants to become a right wing outlet.

Oh what strange times we live in.

A big F U to Roger Ailes. So long you disgusting sexual predator and so long to your disgusting Fox News. Maybe now it can become an outlet that bears some kind of integrity.
edit on 20-4-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Although I haven't had satellite tv for over a year now and didn't watch cable news when I did, I seriously doubt this will lower foxes ratings very much.
This will be just like your favorite team trading away a star player only to be replaced by another.

Fine. The point is that the viewers won't be fed sensationalist CRAP now. They'll be aware of what's going on without the insanity poisoning them.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
It's going to take years for them to reinvent themselves and mitigate the tremendous damage done. I can't imagine people are going to suddenly start watching it now who already hate it. But maybe the ones who do will be healed of their benightedness.

I know I won't. I won't EVER trust it. They should get out of the "news" business altogether, and stick with animated sitcoms like Bob's Burgers and movies. We don't really need a Breitbart equivalent on cable news anymore. Failing that, hopefully my aunts and uncles and friends who are so entranced by their "news" programming they will start to be deprogrammed now! Awesome! (Goes for many members here, too.)

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Just posted to my FB, so my loved ones will all be aware. Only a few of them pay FOX any attention, but the ones that do are not going to get away with not knowing this.

For that, neo, I thank you!!
S/F

edit on 4/21/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Don't worry, MSNBC wants to become a right wing outlet.

Oh what strange times we live in.

A big F U to Roger Ailes. So long you disgusting sexual predator and so long to your disgusting Fox News. Maybe now it can become an outlet that bears some kind of integrity.

So "right-wingers" are disgusting too, right?

More to the story behind Roger Ailes and O'rielly, but what the hell does it matter as long as they're gone and you can claim victory over the right.

You say disgusting, I say pathetic.

new topics

top topics

join