It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think I really do have to go...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Well, my friends, I am not an angry person. I usually earn the nickname "smiley" or something to that effect wherever I work and have a generally happy disposition. One of my biggest pet peeves, however, is blind hatrid and voulentary ignorance. This is rampant here on ATS. There is nothing Bush can do right, and if there's no evidence to support how evil he is in their eyes, they call him a liar, part of the NWO, or else a member in a huge conspiracy.

This has been infuriating me, that someone can tell someone to deny ignorance yet at the same time voulentarily perscribe to it. I do not like being angry; I hate this feeling. As a result, I am leaving ATS, BTS, and PTS. I probably won't be able to quit cold turkey, but over the next week I will be phasing this out of my life. My broken hand will make this easier because my typing can no longere keep up with my thoughts and I lose many by the time I finish one, even using outlines to bullet the points I want to make.

It's interesting, I originally came here to laugh at conspiracy nuts, then found myself becoming one. Now I'm leaving an angry man, but it won't last too long after I'm gone. Though most of my friends are liberals, I don't associate with people who can't give credit where credit's due. The hatrid on this website is sickening, and I no longer want any part of it.

Some of you have been fantastic, both on the left and right, athiest, pagan, christian, muslim, and hindu. I will really miss some of you, but I can't stay here, I don't like what it's making me. I would like to stay in contact with some of you, if you'd like, send me a U2U.

Enjoy your website, I may come back if a democrat gets elected to the presidency so I can try to be an example of what people can be like, even when they disagree. However, these days I have been getting angry when someone simply disagrees with me, and that's not Jake. It never has been in the past, and I mean for it not to be in the future.

JungleJake, signing off in a week for, probably, at least 4 years.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
While I'm not happy to see you go, junglejake, I wish ya the best.
Take care of your hand, and the rest of yourself.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I can understand your feelings. This place seems to be a haven for Mauist rebels, terrorists and general America bashing...

Edit:

Oh yeah, I forgot Christian bashing.

[edit on 2/2/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
One of my biggest pet peeves, however, is blind hatrid and voulentary ignorance. This is rampant here on ATS. There is nothing Bush can do right, and if there's no evidence to support how evil he is in their eyes, they call him a liar, part of the NWO, or else a member in a huge conspiracy.

Farewell!

The word you wanted is "hatred". It is what Bush and his cronies depend on, in order for you to believe that his administration is doing a good job, in your interests, to keep you safe and prosperous.

You see, people that watch the changing propositions and explanations given (i.e. lies) by this administration's officials to execute a predetermined agenda, are not blind or hateful. They have seen what you have declined to see.

One day, you may have to face the fact that your own dogma and support for programs of foreign incursion and erosion of freedoms have not been in your interests or those of future generations at all.

I hope you can leave your notions of hatred behind at ATS, and get on well with others in the world you choose to live in.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I hope you reconsider your decision and look at it this way, we need both sides of an issue to keep things in check. I agree, I'm neither a republican or democrat, but there is a lot of Bush bashing going on. If there was a liberal in office though, the same thing would go on. There will always be those that feel so strongly about an issue that they will go off on a rant and buy into anything, even if it makes no good sense. This is what makes the world go around and keeps all on their toes and most importantly, in line. Don't get so frustrated by those that disagree with you and act like trolls, just keep them in line with facts. Stick around!

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Good luck to you on your journey. Hate is everywhere, but at least here you have an ignore button 8)

PS: Can I have your points please, I just lost 20

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Alternative points of view are getting to be a rare commodity here at ATS and they are desperately needed. You were gone for quite a while (yes, I noticed) and it would be disappointing to see you leave permanently.

Take a break instead because you would be missed.

Bleys

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
skychief:

I know, but I will do more harm than good if I fly off the cuff and appear to be one of those angry, bitter, hatemongerers. I said probably in 4 years because I may come baclk earlier if I can debate amidst the ignorance and hatrid. We'll see, but as of now, it doesn't look too good.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Interesting, this was moved to BTS, but my other one was not, along with many other posts along that same note. I think this will be my last post. Good bye.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I don't think it's that everyone here hates dubya...it's just that people forget that only half of America that voted, voted for him.....you are seeing the other side, those that did not. He has been caught in lies time after time, but still....people trust him...why?

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
But of paramount......that you believe Bush has "done good" . In every action or policy, and you know I've tracked them all, there has been no decision that could be weighed as "good" in the whole accounting of things; meaning, where a single action might have a face value of being a good move, once the overall and ripple effects are tabulated, you have a both lip service & ideology being paid....that's about it.
THe thing to ask yourself is this: can what you label as "good" stand the scrutiny of a full vetting?
If you've not progressed from putting labels on peoples perspectives, such as liberal or conservative for yourself, then you've got work to do.
Visceral reactions occur to visceral incursions; those people who have a draft or economic insecurity staring them in the face because of Bush policy actions, are going to react accordingly.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Wish I had gotten to know you.
*prays that you will be at peace*

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I too hate to see you go.... but if you must, then Good Luck and Godspeed... I wish you well.

I too dislike the amount of Hatred that President Bush gets here, I try to let it go, sometimes it gets the best of my and I'll make my little comments, but then I try to think of something good in my life and try to move on.

I hope that you will come back and see us. I should still be here .

Take care.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Farewell, double J. You were one of the first people I remember seeing around here in the months after when I joined. You were always there with something good to say, and I enjoyed reading your posts. I too noticed your absence before your recent return.

I fully understand your reasons for wanting to leave, and that's ok. I wish you the best of luck and you have my blessings. I can only hope that someday you will return. I don't even know if I'll still be here in four years (I hope I will), and I can see your return. It's been good to know you, read your posts, and even have you reply to a few of my threads, especially back in late 2003/early 2004.

Again, good luck, best wishes, and hope to see you around these parts again someday. Farewell, my friend
U2U me if you want to keep in touch via other ways... AIM, MSN.. etc.

Here's to ya...

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

[edit on 2/3/05 by prophetmike]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
He'll be back, they always come back. Everyone gets burned out on the Ignorance.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Well, hope your hand gets better and try to drop by once in a while. I understand that being here all the time can get to be a bit much. Just take a break.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
hey from our brief discussions today I hope you change your mind , got that email you gave me though and will toss some things your way from time to time good luck with the hand and best wishes where ever you go, sorry for the reason you are leaving , I myself don't like Bush either but I did give him a complement today so theres hope for all of us after all.

[edit on 3/2/2005 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
As I said to a couple of ya, Colonel and Bout Time are some of my favorite people here. I don't care if you disagree with me, even if you're pretty radical (in my opinion) as long as you do some research and call a spade a spade. With that, I'm off to a Bible study! Ciao!

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Hmm, it seems I've lightened up a wee bit. A few things recently have rocked my life to it's foundation and I'm coming back to where I don't care about the id ten tea errors out there (I can't wait to see who's an IT person out there...). When I talk with y'all, I have to remember I'm not trying to convince the frothing at the mouth Bush, Christ, or America hater (this is NOT in rder of importance, that would be Christ, America and a far, far distant third would be Bush) when I reply. My job is to convince that reader who doesn't reply and doesn't know what to believe. It's my job to show them that this blind hatrid is exactly that: blind. It's my job to lead them on a road of enlightenment.

I truely believe people who research and look into both sides of an issue, or in the case of religion, all sides, they will come to believe in Christ and come to believe the human race is more prone to follow the mindset conservatives expect rather than that which liberals expect (I believe, were it not for the human factor, both ideologies would work phenominally). My goal at this website is to expose the silent masses to the joy of research and looking into all sides of an issue (Bout Time is a burp in the human condition
). Just as Churchill said, if you are not a conservative by the age of 40, you have no brain. I apparently have no heart, because I've been a conservative far longer than I've followed Christ, ever ince I started looking into and researching politics. This, too, is why I believe liberals tend to argue with so many emotions while conservatives, typically, debate in a level headed fashion. Naturally there are exceptions, but this is a pretty safe general rule to keep.

We'll see, at 1 AM after recieving several blows to my family, I have come to this and may stick around, though avoiding things that upset me. However, things can be very different in the morning.

I do want to thank many of you for the encouraging U2Us, emails and AIMs. I think part of my problem was feeling as though I was totally alone out here with my opinions and very disrespected as a result. Though not all of you agree, I really was encouraged by all of your private responses to me. Thank you again, and hopefully I'll never become the following again (sorry again, Ashley, if you haven't been banned in the last 8 months since we talked last and can read this):

:bnghd:

Otherwise, I'll feel like a freakin'

Nice to meet ya, can I take this freakin' tie off? -- name that toon

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
I don't care about the id ten tea errors out there (I can't wait to see who's an IT person out there...).

An idiot! How dare you, sir!

I tend to use PICNIC

new topics

top topics

join