It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tad Cummins and Elizabeth Thomas found

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Tad Cummins Arrested

It's been about 5 weeks since the pair went missing.

For those of you who aren't familiar with the names or the situation, Tad Cummins, a 50 year old high school teacher took off from Culleoka Tennessee with 15 year old female Elizabeth Thomas on March 13th of this year. Another student had reported she saw them kissing in a classroom a few weeks prior. He is now facing charges of sexual contact with a minor and aggravated kidnapping.

I'm so relieved for her loved ones and for her. I hope she will be reunited with her family and they can repair the damaged relationships and work on whatever issues caused her to trust this man at any point and leave her family whether forced or willingly I think she deserves some therapy.

What Tad did was wrong. He used his position of authority to persuade and manipulate a young woman. In my opinion if he truly loved or cared for her in any way he would have waited until she was the states legal age for consent, and gone about things the right and proper way with divorcing his wife. Instead his actions lead me to believe he is only sick and selfish.

Below I linked to a page that contains video of Tad's estranged/ex wife. She filed for divorce publicly through a local newspaper after begging Tad to come home and to bring Elizabeth with him.

Cummin's Estranged Wife "He Betrayed Me"

Here is a link explaining why some are worried that Tad might not see a harsh punishment due to current kidnapping laws in Tennessee, where children older than 12 have the ability to decide for themselves whether to leave their families, provided their removal or confinement is not accomplished by force, threat or fraud.

Tennessee Kidnapping Laws may work in Tad's favor.

I'm so pleased that she is alive and relatively okay.

-Alee
edit on 4/20/2017 by NerdGoddess because: Add some background info

edit on 4/20/2017 by NerdGoddess because: Some additional details.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
Tad Cummins Arrested

It's been about 5 weeks since the pair went missing.

For those of you who aren't familiar with the names or the situation, Tad Cummins, a 50 year old high school teacher took off from Culleoka Tennessee with 15 year old female Elizabeth Thomas on March 13th of this year. Another student had reported she saw them kissing in a classroom a few weeks prior. He is now facing charges of sexual contact with a minor and aggravated kidnapping.

I'm so relieved for her loved ones and for her. I hope she will be reunited with her family and they can repair the damaged relationships and work on whatever issues caused her to trust this man at any point and leave her family whether forced or willingly I think she deserves some therapy.

What Tad did was wrong. He used his position of authority to persuade and manipulate a young woman. In my opinion if he truly loved or cared for her in any way he would have waited until she was the states legal age for consent, and gone about things the right and proper way with divorcing his wife. Instead his actions lead me to believe he is only sick and selfish.

Below I linked to a page that contains video of Tad's estranged/ex wife. She filed for divorce publicly through a local newspaper after begging Tad to come home and to bring Elizabeth with him.

Cummin's Estranged Wife "He Betrayed Me"

Here is a link explaining why some are worried that Tad might not see a harsh punishment due to current kidnapping laws in Tennessee, where children older than 12 have the ability to decide for themselves whether to leave their families, provided their removal or confinement is not accomplished by force, threat or fraud.

Tennessee Kidnapping Laws may work in Tad's favor.

I'm so pleased that she is alive and relatively okay.

-Alee

That law should be changed to sixteen years old. Also, the parents should be required to be informed that the kid has went somewhere else, it would be better for them and for the law enforcement who have to keep looking for them when evidently a crime hasn't actually been committed. I feel that law should be altered.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Great news, thanks! I was really worried this situation was not going to end well. I'm really happy for the girl's family -- they had to be worried sick!

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
laws in Tennessee, where children older than 12 have the ability to decide for themselves whether to leave their families,

Thats somewhat tragic. Am I to understand that these Tennessee laws essentially could grant emancipation to a minor starting at 12 years of age, instead of the common standard of 16?? Is this new, or long ago established on the books?

This case will hopefully bring some public backlash where the citizens will encourage and demand from their state reps that there be some amending and restructuring of stated legislation. Seems a bit backward to trust a 12 year old minor on their own accord to leave the safety of their family, abusive households notwithstanding of course.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
When a women does this to a male student the penalty is much lighter. Equal rights for all child abusers, hangem high!!

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=22149766]rickymouse

That law should be changed to sixteen years old. Also, the parents should be required to be informed that the kid has went somewhere else, it would be better for them and for the law enforcement who have to keep looking for them when evidently a crime hasn't actually been committed. I feel that law should be altered.

Especially considering how emotionally immature the snowflake generation is today.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

Good grief! News is so fast now, I'd already forgotten about this story! Glad she's okay.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

I'm not so sure she "trusted" him. He showed up at her work a few days before she went missing and she hid from him. That is not the kind of behavior that gives off the "trust" vibe.

Let's face it. He kidnapped her either by force or coercion. He crossed state lines. There is also the aspect of him being a teacher. I think they will not go lightly on him or that he can use the law in his favor. Which is a good thing. Hand 'em high is my feeling about what should happen to him.

I'm glad she is alive. I'm glad her family will get to see her again. I could not have wished for a better ending than his arrest and Ms. Thomas being rescued.

Thanks for the good news!

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
***ATTENTION***

This is NOT the MudPitt.

Post accordingly.

~Tenth
ATS Super Mod

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Thanks for your replies everyone. Sorry I didn't respond earlier posted this as I was walking out of work to my car.

I truly hope they revise the kidnapping law as well 12 seems a bit..... scary to give that kind of choice. Or at least specifications should be made better.

-Alee

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I don't think this is remotely as slam-dunk as people think. Something tells me she's willingly going to be the cog in the legal machine. Everything I read the last few weeks, and the Oklahoma Walmart surveillance footage I saw, show me a girl who was not in any way forced into it, but a girl willingly running fast from something she did not want to return to.

That law permitting kids as young as 12 to leave home I think is probably the ace up the sleeve & they're going to use the hell out of it.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I kind of got that feeling too, that's why I really hope shes able to repair the bonds with her family or at least get therapy. It's clear to me anyway that somethings going on that she needs to address. I feel she is either trying to escape a bad situation at home, or, this was a major cry for attention to her family.

I guess we will see what happens I'll try to stay updated on the case.

-Alee

new topics

top topics

join