It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was officially diagnosed today...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Panic Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

I think they left out ADHD, but that could actually be a symptom of Panic Disorder combined with OCD.

I don't go to the doctor much. I have an inherent distrust in doctors.

This doctor, I could tell, was actually brilliant.

He was very observant and he was the dictator of the interaction. I loved him.

I never love doctors. They are usually ignorant and book smart and using Google.

That was not this man.

He read me like a book. I have never met anyone who understood me. Somehow, he did.

He diagnosed me without telling me by spurring random conversation. He's not even a head doctor.

This man... Made me feel like someone actually listened.

I've been to head doctors and they were all idiots.

This guy was brilliant. I didn't expect that. He's a general practitioner, not a head doctor.

Wow. Sugoi! Why does my mind want to be joyful in Japanese? It seems more genuine.

Of course, joy only lasts until the world turns into collapsing walls... Which is immediately.

There is something to be said for someone really hearing you. There really is. It makes you want to stay there forever.

Anyway, he figured it all out without my opinions, but only through my actions.

Sou da ne?

Then he told me at the end, "Now that you know me and I know you: you don't need to thank someone that you know." He said that in response to my constant thank you.

Wild. I may be heard after all.

I will find out next week.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

That is such good news that you have found a doctor that actually listens to you. I understand how hard that can be as I have Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Panic Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder. My ex-doctor would only give me 15 minutes of his time. He was a complete waste of my time. My new doctor is one, like yours, that actually gives me all the time needed to talk to her and get something accomplished.

Blue Dude - Shed 15

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Let me be your doctor..

You are just fine..
Remove all the made up labels the public doctors have put on you
Take a deep breath and say to yourself
Life is a funny thing

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

Let me be your doctor..

You are just fine..
Life is a funny thing

You are clueless. But I won't judge you for that - instead I will be envious.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife

That is such good news that you have found a doctor that actually listens to you. I understand how hard that can be as I have Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Panic Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder. My ex-doctor would only give me 15 minutes of his time. He was a complete waste of my time. My new doctor is one, like yours, that actually gives me all the time needed to talk to her and get something accomplished.

Blue Dude - Shed 15

So wild. I hope it continues to be this good!

Pound for getting it, friend.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta

Let me be your doctor..

You are just fine..
Life is a funny thing

Hey, I have connections to various private doctors, I know how they work.
I know about the little deal they have with someone I wont mention.
But if you would live the rest of your life as a puppet.. go right ahead

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
So now what? Pills? More exercise? psychotherapy? Exorcisms?

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

You are within the current standards for any decent ATS member.

Your doctor is sheepleing you.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Let me be your doctor..

You are just fine..
Life is a funny thing

Hey, I have connections to various private doctors, I know how they work.
I know about the little deal they have with someone I wont mention.
But if you would live the rest of your life as a puppet.. go right ahead

You don't know me enough to give me credit.

That's understood.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Glad to hear that you found someone who listened to you.My mother told me years ago that she was sitting at the kitchen table and was thinking about ending it all.She went to many head drs. to no avail.Then,(Thank God) she found our current dr.(who is a general practioner like yours) and finally listened to her got her the help she needed.She was diagnosed with severe depression.He is an amazing man.There are too few drs. out there that actually listen anymore.Again,glad to hear you got help.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Just having someone with whom I can talk in person is a miracle to me. You don't know me, friend. There's a reason I need that.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

You are within the current standards for any decent ATS member.

Your doctor is sheepleing you.

I am not a fool. Neither is that doctor. But you wouldn't know that - so, again, you judge based on internal sensing without any open perception value at all.

I envy you.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: buckwhizzle
Glad to hear that you found someone who listened to you.My mother told me years ago that she was sitting at the kitchen table and was thinking about ending it all.She went to many head drs. to no avail.Then,(Thank God) she found our current dr.(who is a general practioner like yours) and finally listened to her got her the help she needed.She was diagnosed with severe depression.He is an amazing man.There are too few drs. out there that actually listen anymore.Again,glad to hear you got help.

Thank you buck. That's brilliant. I didn't even know it was possible really. My joy is not counteracting my anxiety, but somehow it makes it feel worth it.

Thanks!

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Just having someone with whom I can talk in person is a miracle to me. You don't know me, friend. There's a reason I need that.

What ever it takes!!

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I served with the volunteer fire department. We sealed with mainly hi way accidents and occupant extraction.
The crap I seen did a number on me and I was also diagnosed with PTSD.
There are plenty of tools out there for people like us to learn to "cope"
It takes a bit, but if your determined you will over come it.
A good book to check out is the Anxiety work book. You can get it at most book stores.
It's a exercise book for adults with anxiety.
Lots of homework to conduct. By occupying yourself with this book you will be tackling a few of the issues at once.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

What ever it takes!!

That's what it takes.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

I served with the volunteer fire department. We sealed with mainly hi way accidents and occupant extraction.
The crap I seen did a number on me and I was also diagnosed with PTSD.
There are plenty of tools out there for people like us to learn to "cope"
It takes a bit, but if your determined you will over come it.
A good book to check out is the Anxiety work book. You can get it at most book stores.
It's a exercise book for adults with anxiety.
Lots of homework to conduct. By occupying yourself with this book you will be tackling a few of the issues at once.

Thank you for the lead, sir. If it's that good, I will buy it.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

It's a hard journey. But you have half of the journey behind you already, because you took the time to see the Dr and to get the answers that I bet you've been stewing over for a long time.

It probably felt like Something has been eating at you. You most likely questioned your sanity on a multitude of occasions. Now you know why you had those feels and behaviours.

it's only going to get better from here on out my friend.
You did the hard part already.
Congratulations

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

It's a hard journey. But you have half of the journey behind you already, because you took the time to see the Dr and to get the answers that I bet you've been stewing over for a long time.

It probably felt like Something has been eating at you. You most likely questioned your sanity on a multitude of occasions. Now you know why you had those feels and behaviours.

it's only going to get better from here on out my friend.
You did the hard part already.
Congratulations

To a "T"!

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

This day and age, to find a doctor that listens - that REALLY listens is a true rarity. While i do have some (self-diagnosed) OCD (you sort of have to, to work in an emergency dept) - I would honestly be petrified to bring up my concerns with the majority of physicians I have either seen or worked with. These days, it is no longer "listening" to the pt that gets drilled into the docs in med school. Instead, it is how important EMR is to properly bill, how important pt. satisfaction scores are (so facilities can stay accredited/receive funds), etc etc. It is almost as if the true meaning of being a dr. has become secondary. And this isn't new, has been going on for 20+ years here in the US.It's just getting progressively worse each and every year. Complain of pain - you must be seeking narcotics. Complain of anxiety? Must be seeking benzos. Sadly, the way the system works now - and how some "work" the system, real pt's such as yourself get lost in the shuffle.
In short, you have sort of won the "Health care provider lottery". I don't have to tell you to be super thankful, because it is quite obvious you are.
You don't know me, but hearing that you have found a wonderful Dr. gives me hope.
Thank YOU for sharing the good news. We are all family here in one way or another!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join