It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealed: How your bad breath, low sex drive and headaches could be a sign of a vitamin deficiency

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

That's not even close to accurate unless you're a fetus. The mean lethal dose is somewhere in the neighborhood of 20mg/kg.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: rickymouse

Niacin actually takes out methyl, so you can get low on methyl which can mess up methylation if you consume too much niacin without consuming methyl chemistry.

Does the type of niacin make a difference? For example, niacinamide vs inositol?

I've been taking about 2,000 mgs of niacinamide for a couple months now, since learning that it fights MRSA. I also drink a lot of whole milk -- about 1/2 gallon per day all by my lonesome -- as well as yogurt and cheeses.

I think you might have meant nicotinic acid or N-acyelcysteine instead of inositol. Inositol is part of a lecitin I think. Nicotinic acid is the plant version, Niacinamide is the animal version, and N-acetylcysteine is the type that is already ready to go in the body. There are a few other versions I did not study.

You got to watch not to take way too much niacin of any kind for a long period of time. Niacin chemistry can actually help neutralize caffeine and alcohol. It binds and neutralizes both methyl and ethyl. Nitric oxide, a potent metabolite of these compounds, can sober up a drunk fast.

The body makes nitric oxide out of niacin to kill different microbes. It can make sulfite out of sulfate to kill microbes too. Vitamin C actually increases sulfite levels in the body to help fight disease. It converts sulfates to sulfites and possibly assists in making Nitrous oxide in the body which has a few different purposes . Not everyone can take vitamin C, some people have strong negative effects with it.

The nitric oxide must kill MRSA. I suppose it is Methyline resistant so Methyl won't kill it. I do not know if anyone should take high amounts of Niacin compounds for extended periods. When you take super doses, it can unlock a locked issue and start it working right, but usually if you correct the niacin up, then you wind up with another issue popping up. Niacin actually starts some other reactions going and can quickly deplete reserves of some other vitamins in the body leading to new symptoms.
edit on 20-4-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Magnivea

That's not even close to accurate unless you're a fetus. The mean lethal dose is somewhere in the neighborhood of 20mg/kg.

So, for example, at my weight of approximately 63.5 kgs, it would take approximately 1,270 mgs or 800,000+ IUs to kill me? Am I understanding this correctly?
edit on 20-4-2017 by Boadicea because: Typo: "1,279" to "1,270"

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I think you might have meant nicotinic acid or N-acyelcysteine instead of inositol. Inositol is part of a lecitin I think.

I might have to check it out again now! As I remember it, there is inositol nicotinate and inositol hexanicotinate, but I don't know what the difference is, and perhaps there are other forms of inositol.

Nicotinic acid is the plant version, Niacinamide is the animal version

I didn't know that -- Thank you!
edit on 20-4-2017 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Magnivea

Fine. Go load up on 10mg vit D every day and see how long you last.

It's a free world.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join