It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did the Goat represent in ancient times.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Perhaps someone on ATS is familiar with ancient symbols and signs of the zodiac.

Id like to know more about the meaning/representation/symbolism of the goat/ram/aries.

In pre christian times. So we can skip all the baphomet, satan stuff.

If we could also avoid Pan and Pushan and focus on Egypt/middle east.

Thank you in advance.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Golantrevize
Try sheep. A ram is a sheep.
It may be worth looking up the story of Jason and the Golden Fleece.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

A goat took on the sins of a people and was sent to its death

Ring a bell?

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Goat.

G.O.A.T.

God of all things.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I feel so dumb right now...

Im trying to decipher the meaning behind a symbol of a man riding a goat under the zodiac sign of aries. Was so focused on hidden stuff that I did not even make the connection that they are different animals lol...

Ty disraeli
edit on 112017Thursdayam430Thu, 20 Apr 2017 11:38:50 -0500America/Chicagov38 by Golantrevize because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
A well manicured lawn?

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Goats and bulls were livestock, highly revered, a status symbol. So infatuated they drew themselves with animal heads, elevated it to forms of worship, begetting hand me down religions.

Nowadays we think it was something else, it wasn't. It was about money, the most worshiped God on the planet.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

With precession of the equinoxes the zodiac changes from our perspective. We are currently nearing the end of Pisces and about to head into Aquarius, year 2160. Before the time of Christ, @ the year 0, it was the age of Aries and before that it was Taurus, each age is about 2160 years long.

Remember story of Moses and the problem with the golden calf? Perhaps the Egyptians represented the age of Taurus, Moses represented the age of Aries and Jesus the age of Pisces. The water bearer is about to come that heralds in the new age. It's just a thought and I have no idea if the times/ages align.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
People in ancient times depended on goats and sheep for their very existence. They meant freedom and security from starvation.

I saw a really funny image of goat from ancient times:

www.reshafim.org.il...

Wow! The caption read, "Graeco-Roman plaster mould of what appears to be a billy-goat mounting a woman"

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The Ram is used in some zodiac calenders (called Aries) and the goat in others (Chineese). The ram can also symbolize an Age. In Hindu tradition the ram is the animal associated with the Manipura chakra. In ancient Egypt Khum was a god with the head of a ram. The ram is also mentioned in the Old Testament in religious cermonies.

-MM

edit on 20-4-2017 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

edit on 20-4-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

The Hebrew sacrificed two goats, one for their Lord and the other for their Goat-God Azazel. Interesting reading here.

-MM

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

edit on 20-4-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Sorry, I just wanted to add that one of the goats were sacrified to the Goat-God Azazel.

-MM

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Biblically goats represent people who don't follow the shepherd, obviously the sheep represent those who do

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: firefromabove

there were actually two goats one was killed and the other released in the wilderness.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Depends on the culture, protection against the evil eye in some, the image of the devil in others.

top topics

join