It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College Puts White People in Separate Room For ‘Privilege Workshop’

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

She considered/considers herself black. In fact the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People fired her for "lying" about being a for real black person.

Seems the NAACP needs to take some f these super important lessons at this piss poor college.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

She considered/considers herself black. In fact the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People fired her for "lying" about being a for real black person.

Seems the NAACP needs to take some f these super important lessons at this piss poor college.

I know Dolezal did, and Warren lied about her Native American heritage to advance her career ... so I would have to wonder which room she would show up in. Wouldn't her blonde, blue-eyed self look precious in the person of color room?

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

You are correct, money is the ONLY thing that matters to colleges.

Education is not the reason colleges are there, from their perspective.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
When I started high school 500 years ago, we had a similar workshop. It wasn't about privilege but just about how silly it is to see another human as better or worse. But God these modern SJWs huh? (/s)

Yet the colleges haven't solved any of the "social" problems..... Wonder why.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I'm a white latin, should I split myself in two then??

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill
How is it going to go over if I stock the white room full of white robs with pointy hats and a few crosses to burn?? Is it then still ok to have this separate room??

Now I'm confused...

Exactly... I was going to post something similar. It's terrible when white people want to stick together (even if they're misguided) but it's ok when 'people of colour' tell white people to do it.

It's a world gone topsy turvey...

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

It's traveling further down the road of empowerment by taking power of things.

In the past, they would have been forced to go into the blacks only room. Now they're taking power over that by forcing whites to do it. Maybe that's the twisted logic there. It wouldn't work if we voluntary offered to self-segregate because then we'd be telling them they couldn't join us if they wanted or some stupid thing like that.

I know if I were there or, God forbid, sending my kid, I'd tell them not to go or not to comply.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

No one is teaching otherwise. People are self segregating on religion, race, gender, and politics. No group in the US is inclusive these days.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I think there's been enough "cultural humility" when you have to get double the test score to get in the same school just because you have a lighter skin color.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
In high school, we called that the "Advanced" class...

just sayin.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

No one is teaching otherwise. People are self segregating on religion, race, gender, and politics. No group in the US is inclusive these days.

I can't think of a single all inclusive group myself.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

"American" used to be, or at least, that was the goal and aim of the melting pot concept.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

"American" used to be, or at least, that was the goal and aim of the melting pot concept.

I remember when most of my teachers told us we never had a melting pot. It was closer to a salad bowl, where small groups could stay together but still work with others.

We don't have a salad bowl anymore either though. We have a bunch of picky eaters.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

If we did indeed melt into one people, the string pullers would have a difficult time controlling us.

Wedge issues and useful idiots on the R (limbaugh-hammity) and L (Frank, madow ) have a constant drum beat of trigger issues to talk about. System works.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Dunno, you must be younger than me. I still was taught the melting pot.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
I also think segregation by race is great idea. Less crime, cleaner communities, safe to walk the streets at night etc, etc. The list of pros for segregation by race is much longer than the cons. It doesn't take a modern university education to realise this.

The biggest con in this it it perpetuates the class system and makes people hate other ethnicities more.

Considering we are all HUMANS and of the same RACE its stupid. "racism" is th egovernments weapon to keep us all seperated.

We are just different ethnicities that sit. only one RACE and thats the HUMAN one.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

You are right. Separating the us into ethnic groups with the stereotypical drummed up media hit pieces works very very well.

Blacks and whites have far more in common than they do in differences. Just like the US population has a lot more in common with Russians than they do differences.

But there are huge $$$ to be made keeping us back biting, and mental midget moves by colleges like this keep TPTB safe and profitable.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Would it be too catty to ask if the students in room 1019 were able to actually finish their sentences, without being shouted over?

Yes, yes, I went there.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha
a reply to: seasonal

Good lord. It's a workshop, not a segregation mandate.

Get a grip, people. It's like your all just waiting to bark at anything that threatens your sense of the status quo.

LOL yeah. Maybe there should be white-only "workshops" where blacks and other minorities are excluded. The civil rights movement actually had a purpose you know...

Anyway, YAY! More racism and segregation! /sarc

Dumb ass libs are gonna lib.
edit on 21-4-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

What?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join