It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Being Gay Natural or is it Just Another Human Behavior Brain Disorder - (Controversial)

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: thekaboose
a reply to: dfnj2015

Slightly confused by that reply, but my reply was the big "IF" that RP2 said, the actual truth is the second part, its not a mental issue, its nature until proven otherwise.

Why does it matter if it's proven to be otherwise? I think money would be better spent researching cures for STDs than if there is some physical reason why gay people are gay. I just think there's a closet homosexuals who hate themselves for being gay and that is why people are so outspoken and angry about "the gay".

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: WeowWix

God knows your entire browser history whether you delete your history or not!

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
I'm a straight guy, just don't have any interest in same sex activities.

But it's been my experience that most of the people who are against and/or outspoken about homosexuality are repressing and/or insecure about their own homosexual desires or tendencies.

It is my experience that those who respond as you have are ALSO repressing and are unsure about tendencies.

The more unbalanced one is the more desires can be examined...somehow this does not count in being gay.

I can see people's energy fields from a variety of preceptions...and exude different energies on will.

Many gay or bi men i have met have very different energy signatures indeed than the rest...many of them describe the differences as stemming from brain traumas at young ages...or other experiences.

Honestly i find it preposterous to believe science cannot and will not see be able to prove just what causes these PREFERENCES...a whole lot more is being buried under these types of terms..and the people themselves being limited.

Alot of advanced young women i know hold the keys to understanding these things..they want it all..and are capable of finding it!

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeowWix
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Still going at it? Are you sure you're not a little bit curious? You seem to be infatuated.

My girlfriend is genuinely interested with my mistress when under the covers. --is that a mental disorder as well?

Or are you still just jealous that people find love and ecstasy in different ways?

If we knew your web-browsing history, I'm sure we wouldn't be in this nonsense thread watching you back into a corner swinging for dear life.
Nope! Never been tempted! Fascinated why people can't see the obvious as opposed to infatuation. Your girlfriend could be closset lesbo or just curios so couldn't confirm. What has love and ecstasy got to do with a mental disorder.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
It appears to me that this thread has many posters who are either gay or have gay tendencies (ill) and the denial that being gay is a disorder is very apparent but that is what I would have expected. So the thread exercise it's self is kinda indicative that being gay is logically a disorder!

If your foot or your hand makes you behave in a gay way then the fault lies with the foot or the hand (they would need fixing). However, if it is actually your brain and its processes, connections, wiring etc that drives your behavior then its your brain that needs fixing/treatment in order for it to be able to operate in a normal/natural way. Otherwise it will continue to operate/function behaviorally in an unnatural and defective way. "In a way that urges you to be gay"!

So being gay is a disorder, plain and simple. Get used to it, accept it and wait for the treatment and then you too can have a natural relationship and not a sore butt!

Not a single word of that makes any logical sense.

1) Limbs are not responsible for sexuality.

2) By the very same logic you apply, I can reasonably argue that from my perspective being heterosexual is a disorder.

3) What is it with you people and your obsession with butt sex? Are you curious about trying it or something? You do realise that at the age of 44, having been with the same partner for 11 years that sex happens about as often as well, presidential elections, don't you? Long term relationships are about companionship far more than they are about sex. And FYI, if you knew anything about the subject, you'd know that it does not hurt at all

edit on 20-4-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
I don't like mustard, it's a known scientific fact that mustard is disgusting. I think that everyone who actually likes mustard is suffering from a brain disorder, and one day the world will recognize the errors of it's ways in a blinding flash of awareness, and I will never again have to ask for my burger without mustard, because there will be no more mustard anywhere!
Count me in then because its nice on ham and SAUSAGES!

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
Gay people have been around since the beginning of time, it is nothing new. The reason they seem to be around more these days is because they are accepted enough to be able to come public about their feelings.

Not all of their feelings...only the ones so far designated for them.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

It appears to me that this thread has many posters who are either gay or have gay tendencies (ill) and the denial that being gay is a disorder is very apparent but that is what I would have expected. So the thread exercise it's self is kinda indicative that being gay is logically a disorder!

If your foot or your hand makes you behave in a gay way then the fault lies with the foot or the hand (they would need fixing). However, if it is actually your brain and its processes, connections, wiring etc that drives your behavior then its your brain that needs fixing/treatment in order for it to be able to operate in a normal/natural way. Otherwise it will continue to operate/function behaviorally in an unnatural and defective way. "In a way that urges you to be gay"!

So being gay is a disorder, plain and simple. Get used to it, accept it and wait for the treatment and then you too can have a natural relationship and not a sore butt!

Let's make this very simple. Heterosexual men are turned on by woman. Homosexual men are not turned on by women. I have heard a gay man say, "when I look at Playboy nothing happens for me." But if you have an erection when your are under the covers with a naked women then you are NOT gay.

Since your brain is the biggest part of your sexuality then of course what turns you on is a mental condition. Is being turned on by the same sex some kind of "disorder" is a very subjective judgment. You could easily argue because being gay does occur it is a "natural" condition. Maybe you could fix the gay with some kind of medication or gene therapy. I don't know. But I think to label being a homosexuality as a "mental condition" seems to me to have a pretty strong negative connotation to the labeling.

I think we should just leave gay people alone. I don't think it's very nice to attached labels with negative connotations to them.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
No it is not a disorder. Look at the DSM. For something to be a disorder it must have a negative impact on the person's life. A homosexual can live a perfectly happy, normal, successful life. Where problems stem from is the way that society has stigmatized homosexuality. Without that the prevalence of anxiety, depression, etc would reach levels seen in the rest of the population.
Anything of mind that impinges on a natural life is disorder driven thus a negative impact on nature, society and the establishment of natural relations for the future! Society has failed nature because it has allowed this disorder to poison the natural world of humans!

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Who cares.

It's a free country.

Let them be how they want to be.
I guess we should apply the same reasoning to all mental disorders. And what would be the result of that!

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Anything of mind that impinges on a natural life is disorder driven thus a negative impact on nature, society and the establishment of natural relations for the future! Society has failed nature because it has allowed this disorder to poison the natural world of humans!

Please provide documented proof of this negative impact on humans and society as a whole.

I don't think you can, and if you do, it'll be anecdotal nonsense, peppered with confirmation bias.

And your argument falls flat on it's face when you point out that 10% of the animal kingdom at large displays homosexual behaviour in most species. There is a biological function to homosexuality in species that are not even capable of conscious thought.

Again, please provide your evidence, or admit your arguments are anecdotal, personal and can be summarily ignored.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

The gay people I have talked to say things like, "I just knew I was gay." I think gay people just have sexual reactions to the same sex that are not within their control. You can label it anything you want. But as far as I can tell, gay people are the way they are because that is how God created them.

So now its an act of a so called God! But that' all down to and driven by chemistry and processes with the human brain so theirs your culprit for unnatural behavior!

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I heard from a gay man all species of animals exhibit homosexual behavior. And the more complex the animal the greater the frequency with human beings at the top around 2%. I don't know if this is a true statement but this is what I heard someone say.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

What is "truth" is very subjective. I do not think it is up to straight people to define what is normal for gay people.

Isn't funny how the people who are most outspoken against homosexuality turn out to be one in the end!
But that is like saying that well people (Doctors) shouldn't define what is well and what is ill!

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

en.wikipedia.org...

Over 1500 species have had documentation of occurrences of same sex partnerships or behaviour. At pretty much the same rates as humans do in some species.

One of the ideas behind why humans see to have more of it, is simply a measure of population size and density, along with us being the most social of species on the planet.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

I actually believe that everyone is attracted more to one sex or the other, but if you put a blindfold on and both sexes give you a BJ...let me know when you can tell the difference.

While you may not associate this with being one or the other, your body will react to both the same when you have no sense of sight. Imagine you've been blind and deaf your whole life....you would have no reference point for attraction other than your body's arousal. Homosexuality has been around and documented for ages. The only reason it is scorned us because of religion because religion wants us to believe the Adam and eve story and that we are only here to procreate.

Anywho...good subject for me as I have a gay couple in my family that I have talked to at length about many of these questions.

Absolutely right. The use of the word "gay" is no longer purely descriptive of homosexual interests. I can personally testify that there are many people in the world that identify themselves as "straight" in society that don't mind a "roll in the hay" with whomever is willing.
That's not driven by a condition but rather about curiosity of mind wondering what its like. But a desire for one thing or another is driven by a process in the brain (natural one or a defective one)!

Hmm...so by this logic, every single desire for anything, whether is be male/female, money, success, failure, etc....are all defects?

This is sounding oddly like the "trophy for everyone" crap the libs pull all the time....

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

But that is like saying that well people (Doctors) shouldn't define what is well and what is ill

Yet no group of doctors can provide any scientific data to prove that homosexuality is an illness.

Why do you believe otherwise then?

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

A mental disorder is a syndrome characterized by clinically significant disturbance in an individual's cognition, emotion regulation, or behavior that reflects a dysfunction in the psychological, biological, or developmental processes underlying mental functioning. Mental disorders are usually associated with significant distress in social, occupational, or other important activities. An expectable or culturally approved response to a common stressor or loss, such as the death of a loved one, is not a mental disorder. Socially deviant behavior (e.g., political, religious, or sexual) and conflicts that are primarily between the individual and society are not mental disorders unless the deviance or conflict results from a dysfunction in the individual, as described above.

That is the APA's definition of mental disorder. As you can clearly see homosexuality does not fit the bill. You are wrong.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

The gay people I have talked to say things like, "I just knew I was gay." I think gay people just have sexual reactions to the same sex that are not within their control. You can label it anything you want. But as far as I can tell, gay people are the way they are because that is how God created them.

So now its an act of a so called God! But that' all down to and driven by chemistry and processes with the human brain so theirs your culprit for unnatural behavior!

The only culprit is you making the subjective judgment that it is "unnatural". It is "natural" because it does occur. I think what you are trying to say is it is not behavior the majority of what people exhibit. And that's pretty much the problem. People label being gay with a negative connotation and that it is something that needs to be fixed. I think you are wrong to label it as "unnatural behavior!"

Gay people are the least of our societal worries. They dress nicer and decorate their house much better than straight people. I think people are just her to hate on other people because people love to hate.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

If I am right (and logic suggests I am) what are the implications of that for the future?

I believe that the only logic that you have is your own internal monologue. As you have definitely not presented any solid evidence to back that claim.
The future will be my judge!

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join