It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Devin Nunes worked with Trump administration to create a fake scandal about Susan Rice

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure
a reply to: Gryphon66

You said the source is "loose" because it is against Trump. That is no where near what you normally say.

Any other thread critical of any DNC operative with unknown sources you demand proof to the point of nearly trolling.

Disingenuous, yes

Always glad to hear from a fan.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Boadicea

I have nothing wrong being skeptical over an unnamed source. My issue is with the people coming on and shouting fake news every time they see that an unnamed source was used.

Fair enough... the only reasonable response is "maybe it's true... maybe it's not... but we don't know for sure."

While the sources themselves may be mistaken the odds of all of these unnamed sources being fictitious are astronomical.

Hmmm... this may be my own confirmation bias, but I never assume the unnamed source is fictitious... or even that the information is fictitious. What I do question is the total truthfulness of an unidentified source, especially when there is no means by which we can prove or disprove their claims, which also raises the question of their motivation and purpose.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Just gave you a star for not denying it.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: defiythelieRice sue Trump!? When Hillary wins!? Move on with your life, get a hobby, read some books, plant a garden. Your never going to see Trump impeached, never going to see him overthrown. It'll all be over in the next 4 to 8 years. Meanwhile the country will thrive.
Sometimes, this place can be a laugh riot!

edit on 20-4-2017 by laughingdog because: Punctuation.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The source is Salon, which quotes unnamed sources spouting off hearsay.

How compelling.

(and yes, I would say the exact same thing if it was a right-leaning publication doing the same thing...or any publication, really)
edit on 20-4-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Well, since the most of the interminable responses here are merely to damn the OP's source, let's look at the source of the source, i.e. The New Yorker magazine.

“They manufactured a scandal to distract from a serious investigation,” Eric Swalwell, a Democratic member of the House Intelligence Committee, who would not comment on the N.S.A. documents, said. “And the collateral damage is the public confidence in our intelligence community when we need to count on them now more than ever. Considering the threats we are facing right now from North Korea and isis, it’s a pretty dangerous time to undermine the I.C.’s credibility to make a five-yard sack in the Russia investigation.”

So now, you have a named source with reasonable confidence that is directly connected with the materials in the Nunes' Sideshow.

Let me guess what the next challenge will be ... "Oh, but Swalwell's a Democrat ... we can't trust him."

Yeah, it's not a partisan issue at all. #retch

edit on 20-4-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I personally think that unnamed sources should only be used in OpEds. Not when reporting a story. Any info obtained from an unnamed source can't be considered fact or truth, only speculation.

Why do I think that?

Because we can't verify whether a sources statement is truth or not. It's not like you can fact check statements made in the OP. We can't call up this unnamed source and ask them for their credentials and to verify the statement, we don't even know who they are.

Funny that, now this unnamed source can't be held responsible for their facts/lies.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: essentialtremors

I don't disagree that an unnamed source is less credible than a named source.

Journalists don't like anonymous sources.

There is a difference, however, between reasonable doubt and merely dismissing EVERYTHING that comes from anonymous sources because it doesn't fit one's political narrative (which is what we see here far too much of the time.)

Some sources, we all know, are disreputable BECAUSE OF THEIR TRACK RECORD. If a given journalist has been proven to print fraudulent material ... then that is a reasonable argument against accepting the material at least until something more concrete comes along.

There is no denying that Trump and Trump apologists use "fake news" as a tactic to dismiss anything that isn't pro-Trump.

So, for example above ... we saw post after post that Salon is not a really reliable news outlet. I wouldn't disagree.

Anyone READING the article (rather than just posting "fake news, har har har") would have noted that the source was the article I posted from the New Yorker, which, while it's probably reasonable to cite for a somewhat liberal bias, is certainly not a discredited resource.

If anyone had bothered to consider the track record of Ryan Lizza, the writer of the article, they would discover that he's an award-winning journalist with considerable experience and is not known for fake articles.

That wouldn't make a difference to 99% of these folks, because they're not interested in the facts, only in their political agenda.
edit on 20-4-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

FBI? But Comey said there was no evidence?

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: defiythelie

When House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes claimed that he had found documents proving that Susan Rice had spied on the Trump campaign, it was immediately pointed out that Nunes’ so-called evidence did not actually prove what he claimed they did.

I know a lot of you have willfully latched onto the many false claims coming from the current administration and others in government. I know many of you will just deflect to other topics in the comment section. However it is time to cut through the BS.

Now a new report indicates that President Donald Trump and Nunes may have deliberately worked together to manufacture a fake scandal, most likely in an attempt to distract America from the real one in which the president is embroiled.

This is blatant abuse of power and obstruction of justice. This needs to be investigated. How many more laws will Trump and his GOP lackeys break?

An intelligence source told reporter Ryan Lizza of The New Yorker that intelligence officials were told by the White House that there would be a manufactured witch hunt:

“We are going to mobilize to find something to justify the president’s tweet that he was being surveilled. They put out an all-points bulletin and said, ‘We need to find something that justifies the president’s crazy tweet about surveillance at Trump Tower.’ And I’m telling you there is no way you get that from those transcripts, which are about as plain vanilla as can be.”

source

There it is. Nothing but more lies coming from this administration. I'm almost more offended by the breathtaking incompetence of everyone in Trump's orbit than I am by their collusion and attempts to hijack American democracy. It's just remarkable how bad they are at everything.

Now go ahead and deflect away and play down the problem that Trump and Co. are for this country.

There is ten times more proof and reason of Rice's crimes than there are of any of the crimes you on the left claim against Trump. Your colors, bias and prejudice is showing.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
WOW...you just proved your stupidity and the worthlessness of your OP. Thanks for saving me the time.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Still being rude and ill mannered I see.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mike.Ockizard

FBI? But Comey said there was no evidence?

Comey made the announcement before Congress, I think March 20 or 21, that there has been an investigation on-going since last July. (I looked for the vid, but most of them are from 1-5 hours long, so I didn't bother to put anything here.)

It is very unusual for them to admit there is an investigation. He goes on to say they are only required to do briefings of their findings quarterly and then only to certain other government entities. It is a massive investigation and could take years.

They are ostensibly investigating collusion between Russia and campaign staff such as Manifort, Flynn, and Carter Page.
No mention of Trump himself much, but it's clear if a connection/collusion is found among these three, where all fingers will be pointing. That's my understanding. If you want to watch his actual statements, you can find them on you-tube.
I actually saw it on CSPAN as it aired in March.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
The source is Salon, which quotes unnamed sources spouting off hearsay.

How compelling.

(and yes, I would say the exact same thing if it was a right-leaning publication doing the same thing...or any publication, really)
Salon is actually very intelligently and well written.

Don't dismiss it.
Just my suggestion.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Salon is actually very intelligently and well written.

both Salon and the New Yorker are very intellectual and well written. and both left wing liberal rags no doubt about their bias.
just because you write with a intellectual flair and publish well written articles, doesn't mean they don't shovel bs to their readers, who most likely quote them like the gospels.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

originally posted by: defiythelie

When House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes claimed that he had found documents proving that Susan Rice had spied on the Trump campaign, it was immediately pointed out that Nunes’ so-called evidence did not actually prove what he claimed they did.

I know a lot of you have willfully latched onto the many false claims coming from the current administration and others in government. I know many of you will just deflect to other topics in the comment section. However it is time to cut through the BS.

Now a new report indicates that President Donald Trump and Nunes may have deliberately worked together to manufacture a fake scandal, most likely in an attempt to distract America from the real one in which the president is embroiled.

This is blatant abuse of power and obstruction of justice. This needs to be investigated. How many more laws will Trump and his GOP lackeys break?

An intelligence source told reporter Ryan Lizza of The New Yorker that intelligence officials were told by the White House that there would be a manufactured witch hunt:

“We are going to mobilize to find something to justify the president’s tweet that he was being surveilled. They put out an all-points bulletin and said, ‘We need to find something that justifies the president’s crazy tweet about surveillance at Trump Tower.’ And I’m telling you there is no way you get that from those transcripts, which are about as plain vanilla as can be.”

source

There it is. Nothing but more lies coming from this administration. I'm almost more offended by the breathtaking incompetence of everyone in Trump's orbit than I am by their collusion and attempts to hijack American democracy. It's just remarkable how bad they are at everything.

Now go ahead and deflect away and play down the problem that Trump and Co. are for this country.

There is ten times more proof and reason of Rice's crimes than there are of any of the crimes you on the left claim against Trump. Your colors, bias and prejudice is showing.

Please tell us what Rice's crime was and explain how she was not just doing her job.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Right. Nearly a year and no evidence, still no witnesses. I ran out of popcorn and will go to another show until the sequel.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

The use of grammar can help you go from ignorant to idiot.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: whyamIhere

Trump shouldn't be breaking laws at all, shouldn't we be holding him to higher standards than the administration that just left?

If this turns out to be true then Trump broke a law, period. No need to even bring the previous administration up unless it is as an example of what NOT to do. Trump is doing the same thing so your argument (deflection) doesn't really hold up too well in my opinion.

Somehow methinks this is all just desperate scrambling by Team Trump to save face for The Donald. The president is a grown man with childish CONDUCT DISORDER, and isn't bright enough to be president. He's truly a tool. He sets another little fire every time he gets on Twitter. There should be a new law that no elected official is allowed to use Twitter.

Trump probably isn't even aware they were doing this stuff! He's not smart enough. He's too distractible, wishy-washy, and vain - too impressed with himself to see straight. He literally agrees with whoever gets the last word in with him. That is so so dangerous. SO DANGEROUS!! That's why it's good that the machine is being disassembled.

FOX News is done. O'Reilly is gone. Bannon is out, too - the Trump Show certainly has succeeded in "draining the swamp" in that regard. His appointment of Goldman Sachs in his cabinet is troubling, but they, too, will be shamed into shackles sooner rather than later.

What a bizarre time we live in!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join