It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Devin Nunes worked with Trump administration to create a fake scandal about Susan Rice

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: whyamIhere

You supported Hillary and you claim the moral high ground ?

Absolutely. Positively. Without a doubt. You see, I am able to discern the truth from utter bullsh!t. You should study their histories, what they have done with their lives. Hillary has always been a do-gooder. Spent her entire life working towards bettering the lives of children.

Lol.

So you know nothing about Hillary. Typical.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I'm going to wait to find something more official than that source before I believe any of this. I saw "may have deliberately worked together to manufacture a fake scandal" and that sounds like just someone's personal opinion.

There could be something to it, but I highly doubt it. I'll just wait till I can read an official determination about this.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   
im just wondering if people who choose to believe a conspiracy theory with literally ZERO evidence will ever find enough self respect to be embarrassed about continuing to harp on it when its pretty obvious even the dumb herd has moved on to greener pastures

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Decent post, by the way. Sources are kinda loose, but it's a very reasonable interpretation of events.

Any time anything is critical of the DNC and the source is unknown you shout from the rooftops about, not this unknown sources thing again... where is the proof! Show me the proof, proof, where's the proof etc.....but if it is against trump, by all means, it's just loose.

That is what they call disingenuous.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure

Decent post, by the way. Sources are kinda loose, but it's a very reasonable interpretation of events.

Any time anything is critical of the DNC and the source is unknown you shout from the rooftops about, not this unknown sources thing again... where is the proof! Show me the proof, proof, where's the proof etc.....but if it is against trump, by all means, it's just loose.

That is what they call disingenuous.

I stated that OPs source here was questionable, yet you're sputtering and spitting about proof?

LOL

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Now a new report indicates that President Donald Trump and Nunes may have deliberately worked together to manufacture a fake scandal, most likely in an attempt to distract America from the real one in which the president is embroiled.

It's a common tactic, it's called wagged the dog, or used to. Who knows what term is used nowadays. Which is why I said, lets see some evidence.

An intelligence source told reporter Ryan Lizza of The New Yorker that intelligence officials were told by the White House that there would be a manufactured witch hunt:

This is what i'm talkin bout, right chea! Until someone is willing to put their signature by what they say, it's all lies. All of it.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Obviously you don't.
Oh I bet you know all of the crap lies inside out but the truth. Not a clue.
I bet you don't even know what state she comes from or where she went to school.
Yes I know. And I now where trump went too. I actually educated myself and didn't depend on internet memes or youtube videos to keep me up to date.
edit on 4202017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: defiythelie

How freaking pathetic... I would be absolutely mortified to have my name on the byline of this article!

The fact that it's just more unnamed sources making unsubstantiated claims is bad enough; but the weasel words are the dead giveaway that this is nothing more than propaganda. Starting with the subtitle:

Rice did nothing wrong, but the Trump administration is using her as a distraction from its real scandal

So the author really isn't denying that Rice requested the unmasking; the author is simply asserting that it wasn't "wrong," which of course is a matter of opinion -- not fact. Even if what she did was "legal" under color of law, the validity and legitimacy of that law (and/or regulation) is subject to opinion.

The end result, according to the two intelligence sources that Lizza spoke with, was a fake scandal manufactured about former national security adviser Susan Rice asking to unmask the identities of Americans caught up in intelligence intercepts.

Fake scandal? Did Rice request the unmasking or not? It's a simple question with a yes or no answer.

...Rice could not have possibly known in all of the cases whether the individuals she was asking the National Security Council to unmask were Trump officials.

Tricky... tricky... so she "could not have possibly known in ALL of the cases"; but of course that means that she could -- and did -- know in at least some of the cases, perhaps many of the cases, perhaps most of the cases! But we'll just use weasel words to suggest complete and total ignorance on Susan Rice's part. Okay.

The transcripts had initially been found by a former Nunes staffer who is now employed by the Trump administration.

We already know that it was Ezra Cohen-Watnick and Michael Ellis who searched the logs and found the request from Susan Rice to unmask citizens. Both of whom had the legal authority to do so. Why the obfuscation?

He shared them with Nunes, who proceeded to use them to justify a March 4 tweet sen by the president (that he has since been unable to prove).

This reporter must be double-jointed to twist himself into a pretzel like this! So there are in fact transcripts which prove that Susan Rice unmasked citizens caught in so-called "incidental collection" which does, by definition, "justify" the President's claim that he was spied on... so the reporter himself "proves" the claim while asserting Trump has been unable to prove it. Oh my!!!

The real question is why all of this is kept behind closed doors, allowing anyone and everyone to make unsubstantiated claims and allegations while simultaneously claiming/alleging that there is no proof???

I'm ready, willing and able to believe the worst about all of them -- including Trump. But I want the truth dammit!!! Not anonymous weasel words from players with an agenda.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Salon???? puahahhahaha Salon is a fake news site that promotes pedophilia.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Susan Rice Did Nothing Wrong Say Both Democrats and Republicans - NBC

A review of the surveillance material flagged by House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes shows no inappropriate action by Susan Rice or any other Obama administration official, Republican and Democratic Congressional aides who have been briefed on the matter told NBC News.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
No evidence of illegal unmasking in the material that Side-Show Nunes paraded around Washington about.

No evidence that Susan Rice ever did anything illegal, untoward or unethical PARTICULARLY in relationship to requesting unmasking (which, again, has to be requested and approved by the IC department in question).

Plenty of evidence that Nunes collaborated with the White House (and Mr. Trump himself) on the media spectacle.

/shrug

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Actually, no evidence of anything... at least not public yet. Just a bunch of rumors and claims and pretty much just gossip from partisan players with an agenda!

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Am i going insane?? When are y'all anti trump'ers on ats going to give it a rest. The man has barely been in office 4 months...
I believe I know of a forum better suited to you guys who want to continuously bash trump.

www.democraticunderground.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Actually, no evidence of anything... at least not public yet. Just a bunch of rumors and claims and pretty much just gossip from partisan players with an agenda!

LOL ... yes.

Well, I can't really agree that there's no evidence that Nunes collaborated with folks in the White House on the material he had his press conferences about ... that's pretty much documented.

But overall ... yes, absolutely. This is just another scene in the grand kabooki that our government has become.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Corytrevor

Am i going insane?? When are y'all anti trump'ers on ats going to give it a rest. The man has barely been in office 4 months...
I believe I know of a forum better suited to you guys who want to continuously bash trump.

www.democraticunderground.com...

What's the matter?

Different opinions making your head swim?

LOL ... it's okay. Just deal with it and move on. There's room for all of us at ATS.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
It's good to see the Dems have to go through the same crap that Obama and Hillary have put the rest of us through.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Republican and Democratic Congressional aides who have been briefed on the matter told NBC News

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Republican and Democratic Congressional aides who have been briefed on the matter told NBC News

Yep.

You have evidence that they didn't?

You have evidence that is an invalid claim?

Confidential sources are and have been a part of journalism.

/shrug

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

But overall ... yes, absolutely. This is just another scene in the grand kabooki that our government has become.

And that's what makes me wonder what's REALLY going on behind the scenes... what kind of deals with the devil (including each other) are these folks making???

I just want the truth, the whole truth, and nuttin' but the truth! (And people in hell want ice water...)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

And that's what makes me wonder what's REALLY going on behind the scenes... what kind of deals with the devil (including each other) are these folks making???

I just want the truth, the whole truth, and nuttin' but the truth! (And people in hell want ice water...)

Sadly, we are (and have been) post-Truth.

People like you and I just have to reasearch as many "sides" of an issue as possible and make our best guess.

Or, stop paying attention to politics, which I personally would love to do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join