It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychedelic Drugs: The Brain Enters a 'Higher State of Consciousness' on --- and Ketamine

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
www.yahoo.com...

Psychedelic drugs such as '___' and ketamine cause the brain to enter a “higher state of consciousness,” according to scientists. For the first time, a new study has showed the diversity of brain activity increasing as a result of taking these drugs. Scientists say the findings could lead to new treatments for mental health conditions, including depression and schizophrenia—as well as answering fundamental questions about our conscious experience.

Anil Seth, co-director of the Sackler Centre for Consciousness Science at the University of Sussex in southern England, is an author of the study published in Scientific Reports. He tells Newsweek: “[A higher state of consciousness] has a very specific meaning in terms of this study, and that meaning can get a little conflated with the hippy idea of a higher state of consciousness and psychedelic drugs.

“What we mean in this study is the measure of the mathematical diversity of brain activity, which, very roughly, is how unpredictable the activity of the brain is. We use this [because] this measure has previously been applied to try to track changes when people fall asleep or go under general anesthesia, which would generally be thought of as a lower state of consciousness.”

I find this very interesting that science seems to be catching up to what many already know. I wish there were a thread for people to discuss their experiences but as we all know, drug use is against ATS T&C. Anyhow, as always, what say you?

*edit* Mods please remove. Thread exists already.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 19-4-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Apr 21 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yea I just found that lol thanks.

Mods remove please.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Don't need a study to tell me that.
Experience is the best teacher.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Ummm, hallucinogens work on the reality filters, jumbling messages to the brain from the senses, giving us the impression reality isn't what it appears, which it isn't.

Do we need drugs to figure that out?

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
I wish there were a thread for people to discuss their experiences but as we all know, drug use is against ATS T&C. Anyhow, as always, what say you?

let me know if this ever happens.
lots to share

on topic...i didnt think this was new information

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

And some Joe Walsh, yes.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

life's been good to me so far

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Natural are best. I would not use the chemical versions nowadays. Wish I could try Peyote, but impossible to acquire in the UK. Truffles and mushrooms are amazing. I like the truffles. They take you to a place where the universe speaks to you. This world looks really ugly in comparison and its hard to come back to. The way we are is not how we are supposed to be. My friend the
Devil worshiper
Bob put it rather well:

bobdylan.com...

Now, they take him and they teach him and they groom him for life And they set him on a path where he's bound to get ill

Now, he's hell-bent for destruction, he's afraid and confused And his brain has been mismanaged with great skill

edit on 19-4-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

Aldous Huxley died while on '___'. He requested it. Cool way to depart this material dimension:

www.theplaidzebra.com...

edit on 19-4-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

Natural are best. I would not use the chemical versions nowadays. Wish I could try Peyote, but impossible to acquire in the UK. Truffles and mushrooms are amazing. I like the truffles. They take you to a place where the universe speaks to you. This world looks really ugly in comparison and its hard to come back to. The way we are is not how we are supposed to be. My friend the
Devil worshiper
Bob put it rather well:

bobdylan.com...

Now, they take him and they teach him and they groom him for life And they set him on a path where he's bound to get ill

Now, he's hell-bent for destruction, he's afraid and confused And his brain has been mismanaged with great skill

Aldous Huxley died while on '___'. He requested it. Cool way to depart this material dimension:

www.theplaidzebra.com...

Yea I have heard some crazy stories about D-T and being blown into the universe etc.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Please mods if u can close my post and let this one...

It seems we wIll have a more descent discussion here than in there

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
Please mods if u can close my post and let this one...

It seems we wIll have a more descent discussion here than in there

Your thread is good i'm sorry. I shoulda checked a little harder before creating this one.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Don't be fighting over who's thread should be what. You both let us know. When we are depressed pop some '___'. It was a tag-team effort and we appreciate the advice.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

This thread and the other should both stand. They discuss the scientific...and not the recreational. I have experience both in the 1960's and 70's. Sought and found my own answers to progress through life in a positive way.

Agree with its newly realized benefits in medical, spiritual and psychological studies...for which psychedelia was created through the ages on all continents.

Respectfully speaking....MS

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
How could you type '___'?

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: xbeta

cuz I typed in capital letters.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: xbeta

Psychedelics, such as ŁŞÐ, brings one a more complete understanding of the universe. I think old folks in nursing homes should be allowed to take it just so they don't feel abandoned and depressed. A single session can even turn your life around.

Thats why the shamans and witch doctors of the past were so revered and respected. They had some serious understandings of existence.
edit on 4-20-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: intrptr

And some Joe Walsh, yes.

I preferred Robin Trower, both were good. We used to hang out on ridge tops and set Bridge of Sighs to autoplay all night long.

edit on 20-4-2017 by intrptr because: different YouTube

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Is there anyway to prove the possibility that we could see, experience or communicate even at the level beyond human sight? Like the microorganisms??

Allegedly there are scientific devices one can attach to the cranium, that record the firing of synapses and such, which the computer can translate into what parts of the brains are doing or experiencing what. Is there anything yet that could translate that into illustrations, like video or imaging during such an exploratory session??

a reply to: intrptr
Miles Davis Bitches Brew is quite a stimulating soundtrack under similar circumstances.

I find that during such exploration, genre preferences tend to become irrelevant as well.

edit on 4-20-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Ayahuasca seems to be making it's way out of the jungle to heal and help.

Strange that we live in a society that lets us indulge in a potentially dangerous depressant legally.

But plant medicines that let us have transcendental spiritual experiences are forbidden.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join