It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

April 19th 2017: Today I Saw an American Revolution

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: METACOMET

Star and a flag and an "atta boy or girl".

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: Indigo5

Brits rebelling against the British Monarchy.

That's what i have been waiting for someone to say.

The American Revolution was in fact a Civil War. Inhabitants of the 13 Colonies fought on both sides.

Just like the English Civil Wars when the people rose against King Charles I.

The distinction being that the English Civil Wars did not result in a new, separate nation.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The EU has been working during the past 2-3 years on new color revolutions around the globe. These plans are already up in smoke though. Nonetheless a significant number of protests and other mass events will take place without any practical consequences that would help the EU.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

a reply to: Indigo5

Brits rebelling against the British Monarchy.

That's what i have been waiting for someone to say.

The American Revolution was in fact a Civil War. Inhabitants of the 13 Colonies fought on both sides.

Just like the English Civil Wars when the people rose against King Charles I.

The distinction being that the English Civil Wars did not result in a new, separate nation.

I disagree slightly.

With the ending of The English Civil War, England became a republic known as " The Commonwealth Of England "

After ten years England reverted back to a Monarchy.

The 13 American Colonies where there before the revolution, and after independence they kept their same names, called themselves states and united into one country.

Much the same as The Act Of Union 1707 which gave birth to The United Kingdom.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Nice thread

I was just in the area last week, on the 17th, visiting friends.

Paul's House. I knocked but no one was home. I been in it decades ago. A Freedom Trail must.

Great resto we ate at across the street. kinda.

To be a little relevant to the OP, this is the Washington Tower at Mt. Auburn Cemetery.
We went to visit relatives. Nice place.

View from the top. Zoomed on Boston.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   

NEVER FORGET
edit on 4/18/2018 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   

The saddest epitaph which can be carved in memory of a vanished liberty is that it was lost because its possessors failed to stretch forth a saving hand while yet there was time.
– Supreme Court Justice George Sutherland

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Too many of us have deeply divided ideas on what "better nation" means. A lot of us agree with those men of long ago and the ones who codified and ratified those beliefs under "We the People ..." And a growing segment think that Marx and Lenin and their kind have the better way.

That's the fight needing to be fought today, and it may mean shooting at each other - father against son, brother against brother - once again, and I don't blame anyone for being reluctant to go there. We've seen what that does to us. The nation is steal healing from that wound once.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
First off fantastic post by the Op, I have read how Lexington and concord went down before but its been years and I think I was overdue for a reminder thank you.

To those dismissing what having fire arms means, you can have all the will and courage in the world... but if you don't have the means to fight there is no hope of winning if faced with a determined foe that is armed.

Being armed meant the colonies had the ability to meet their foe in the field, even if they were outgunned they had to have the ability to fight them when retreat was not an option.

But even then being out gunned didn't stop them from attaining several astounding victories against one of the best trained armies in the world at the time.

Yes the allies we had played key roles even if they were primarily sticking it to the english, having great leaders that inspired the people played even more key roles, but if we didnt have the means to fight the british at all... the revolution would have died fairly quickly, but without arms the minutemen would not have stood on the green at lexington, or rallied to concord, or even begun the siege at boston.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   

One if by land, and two if by sea;
And I on the opposite shore will be,
Ready to ride and spread the alarm
Through every Middlesex village and farm,
For the country-folk to be up and to arm.

Meanwhile, impatient to mount and ride,
But mostly he watched with eager search
The belfry-tower of the old North Church,
As it rose above the graves on the hill,
Lonely and spectral and sombre and still.
And lo! as he looks, on the belfry’s height,
A glimmer, and then a gleam of light!

He springs to the saddle, the bridle he turns,
But lingers and gazes, till full on his sight
A second lamp in the belfry burns!

I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere.
-TJ

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I am , in awe of the bravery to stand against the King. So many Tories ratting them out. The Starz series Outlander is now in set in America as the Scot is a Col in the British Army in NC and the loyalty to the King was strong. Brave men and women who all knew the price would be heavy and they proceeded anyway because the reward was freedom for all, not just for the Kings favorites.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   

a reply to: Justoneman

It was the resolve that led the French to our aide

Nice fairy tale idea but not the truth.

France joined the American Colonist Revolution as a way of seeking revenge for their defeat to Britain in the " Seven Years War "

Lafayette and the Polish commander Pulaski joined way before the French finally agreed to actually help. It was Yorktown after years of war the French stepped up to the plate and Lafayette encouraged his country that we were worth the trouble. We all know a lot about the Frenchman.
Link to Pulaski

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join