It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Prayer Thread

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

originally posted by: Created

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
a reply to: Created

Prayers sent, and thanks!!

Thanks LadyGreenEyes! I'm going to keep praying for more prayer warriors like you to come. Come prayer warriors in the name of JESUS. Amen!

Prayer can do amazing things!!

Some improvement on the situation for the person I know, but it looks to be a long road for them. Still half expecting to make a road trip.

Let is be SO that the power of our LORD and SAVIOR JESUS improve greatly the situation for this person. In JESUS name! Amen! Your road trip will go well in JESUS name! amen!

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   
The Lord’s Prayer—Its Meaning for You

THE Lord’s Prayer, as given by Jesus Christ in the Sermon on the Mount, is found in the Bible at Matthew chapter 6, verses 9 through 13. Just before giving this prayer, Jesus said: “When praying, do not say the same things over and over again, just as the people of the nations do, for they imagine they will get a hearing for their use of many words.”—Matthew 6:7.

Clearly, then, Jesus did not intend that the Lord’s Prayer be recited word for word. True, he later repeated this prayer for the benefit of another audience. (Luke 11:2-4) But the wording of the prayer differs somewhat in the Gospel accounts of Matthew and Luke. Moreover, later prayers by Jesus and his disciples did not rigidly adhere to the specific words of his model prayer.

Why is the Lord’s Prayer recorded in the Bible? Through this model, Jesus teaches us how our prayers can be acceptable to God. In this prayer, we also find answers to some of life’s basic questions. Let us therefore consider each part of the Lord’s Prayer.

What Is God’s Name?

“Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified.” (Matthew 6:9) These opening words of the model prayer help us to draw close to God by addressing him as “our Father.” Like a child, who is naturally drawn to a loving and understanding parent, we can approach our heavenly Father confident that he wants to hear us. “O Hearer of prayer,” sang King David, “even to you people of all flesh will come.”—Psalm 65:2.

Jesus instructs us to pray for God’s name to be sanctified, or set apart as holy. But what is God’s name? The Bible answers in these words: “You, whose name is Jehovah, you alone are the Most High over all the earth.” (Psalm 83:18) Have you ever read the name Jehovah in the Bible?

Actually, God’s name, Jehovah, appears nearly 7,000 times in ancient Bible manuscripts. However, some translators have gone so far as to remove this name from their versions of the Bible. Rightly, therefore, we pray for our Creator to sanctify his name, or make it holy. (Ezekiel 36:23) One way to act in harmony with such a prayer is to use the name Jehovah when we pray to God.

A woman named Patricia was raised a Catholic and was quite familiar with the Lord’s Prayer. How did she react when one of Jehovah’s Witnesses showed her God’s name in the Bible? “I couldn’t believe it!” she exclaimed. “So I got my own translation of the Bible, and it was also in there. Then the Witness showed me Matthew 6:9, 10 and explained that God’s name is tied in with the Lord’s Prayer. I was really excited and asked her to study the Bible with me.”

God’s Will to Take Place on Earth
Prayer and Our Physical Needs
Our Prayers and Forgiveness
Help to Pursue a Righteous Course
Faith in God Essential

“Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified. Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth. Give us today our bread for this day; and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And do not bring us into temptation, but deliver us from the wicked one.”—Matthew 6:9-13

[Picture on page 7]

Jehovah provides for the needs of those who love him

Psalms 83:18 (KJB or AV):
That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.
Isaiah 12:2
Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.
Darby Bible Translation
Behold, God is my salvation: I will trust, and not be afraid; for Jah, Jehovah, is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation.
Jeremiah 23:27a (Jehovah speaking through his prophet Jeremiah about His enemies; KJB)
Which think to cause my people to forget my name...
NASB
who intend to make My people forget My name...
NW
They intend to make my people forget my name...

I AM JEHOVAH, and there is no one else. ♫ (Isaiah 45)

edit on 30-4-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Thank YOU JESUS for another day! Be the ATS Christians blessed and be the unbelievers to believe in JESUS NAME! AMEN!

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Hello All! I want to thank JESUS for today and be that the laborers come....be the prayer warriors come! Be the protection by the power of GOD on the ATS Christians in JESUS name. Amen!

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Thank you again for this day JESUS! Blessed are the ATS Christians cover them with your power LORD in your name JESUS. AMEN!

Come prayer warriors in JESUS name. Amen.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Thank you for your prayers! My brother-in-law made it through brain surgery today, and the surgeon was able to remove his tumors!

We will see how he recovers in the coming days, and I thank you so much for your prayers! Thank you for this thread.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Thank you for your prayers! My brother-in-law made it through brain surgery today, and the surgeon was able to remove his tumors!

We will see how he recovers in the coming days, and I thank you so much for your prayers! Thank you for this thread.

GOD is GOOD my sister! Jesus loves you so much I will continue to pray. Be fully recovery LORD as YOU GLORIFY your NAME JESUS! Let the brother in law recover well by your stripes he is healed. By your spilling of your precious blood SAVIOUR he is healed. HEALING come in JESUS name! AMEN!

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I thank you FATHER SON and HOLY GHOST for another day. Pour your blessings on all the ATS Christians! In JESUS name! AMEN!

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
In the Name of the FATHER the SON and the HOLY GHOST. In JESUS name!
LORD that the Christians in America keep rising up. Keep going forward through YOU JESUS! Put us in places by FAITH places in POWER...TITLE...MIRACLES...PROTECTION...HEALING. We have victory over evil. Let evil be cast OUT and evil be wiped OUT. In JESUS name! Amen!

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
LORD I pray that the Christians there in Pakistan are victorious in the jobs, there money, there helping the needy and the poor. They are victorious against the plans of evil the plans of the devil and his minions. The FATHER...The SON....and The HOLY GHOST crush the evil plans in Pakistan. In JESUS name! Amen! Amen! Amen!

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Good morning all of you! Be blessings and protection from our LORD JESUS CHRIST to the ATS Christians and be so that the unbelievers come to the LORD. In JESUS name! Amen!

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Thank you for another day JESUS! I pray to you LORD that whoever peeks into this thread be a blessing for that person. In your name JESUS! Amen.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I pray thanks for another day LORD pour your power of protection on the ATS Christians. In JESUS name! Amen.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   
LORD I pray that the Christians there in Pakistan are victorious in the jobs, there money, there helping the needy and the poor. They are victorious against the plans of evil the plans of the devil and his minions. The FATHER...The SON....and The HOLY GHOST crush the evil plans in Pakistan. In JESUS name! Amen! Amen! Amen!

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   
In the Name of the FATHER the SON and the HOLY GHOST. In JESUS name!
LORD that the Christians in America keep rising up. Keep going forward through YOU JESUS! Put us in places by FAITH places in POWER...TITLE...MIRACLES...PROTECTION...HEALING. We have victory over evil. Let evil be cast OUT and evil be wiped OUT. In JESUS name! Amen!

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I pray for the ATS Christians to have victory...victory in there jobs....victory in there marriage...victory in there families...victory with serving the LORD JESUS! Amen!

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Good morning. I thank GOD the Father the Son and the Holy Ghost for another day! In JESUS name. Amen.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I pray for the ATS Christians to have victory...victory in there jobs....victory in there marriage...victory in there families...victory with serving the LORD JESUS! Amen!

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I pray that the ATS Christians have victory in all things! In JESUS MIGHTY NAME! Amen!

JESUS is GOOD!

John 10:11
I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Be so that the Christians of ATS have victory! In JESUS NAME! Amen.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join