It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill O'Reilly Out at Fox

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Bubye Bill, it couldn't have happened to a sleazier jerk.

Bill O’Reilly Is Forced Out at Fox News

Bill O’Reilly has been forced out of his position as a prime-time host on Fox News, the company said on Wednesday, after the disclosure of multiple settlements involving sexual harassment allegations against him. His ouster brings an abrupt and embarrassing end to his two-decade reign as one of the most popular and influential commentators in television.

“After a thorough and careful review of the allegations, the company and Bill O’Reilly have agreed that Bill O’Reilly will not be returning to the Fox News Channel,” 21st Century Fox, Fox News’s parent company, said in a statement.

Mr. O’Reilly’s departure comes two and a half weeks after an investigation by The New York Times revealed how Fox News and 21st Century Fox had repeatedly stood by Mr. O’Reilly even as sexual harassment allegations piled up against him. The Times found that the company and Mr. O’Reilly reached settlements with five women who had complained about sexual harassment or other inappropriate behavior by him. The agreements totaled about $13 million.

Apparently he won't be back on the air at Fox at all. Starting Monday, Tucker Carlson will be in O'Reilly's old slot. As a tribute to the deposed former king of right-wing cable media, here's a video (some profanity from Bill O'Reilly) that I've always enjoyed:

Now with Roger Ailes AND Bill O'Reilly out, I could see them looking to start a competitor to Fox News. When's Hannity's contract up?

Did anyone ever really watch him anyways?

And what gives...sad when we hold a news anchor / talking head to higher standards than a former POTUS who didn't just have allegations but was actually guilty and was able to stay POTUS.

Anywho....here's to the new talking heads!

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Trump really liked O'Reilly. Said he was a good guy.

I am guessing Trump watched him as he watches so many hours of FOX per day.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Tucker Carlson and his smackable face? Not gonna watch.

Maybe if it was Guilfoyle in negligee. Maybe.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

I would say it's a big win for all of America.

Agreed, just keep thinking that way!
edit on 19-4-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Maybe Trump will fire Sean Spicer and hire O'Reilly as his Press Secretary. Trump loves him so much.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I'm not surprised that accusation alone can get one fired. The presumption of innocence and habeas corpus are lost among those who most enjoy those freedoms.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vorian

He may be a good guy. If these ladies were truly concerned about sexual harassment, money wouldn't be what they were looking for...seems a payday was all they wanted.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

He may be a good guy. If these ladies were truly concerned about sexual harassment, money wouldn't be what they were looking for...seems a payday was all they wanted.

You have no idea what women who suffer sexual harrasment are "looking for".

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

With 13 mill. in payouts and growing, I think it's obvious what they are looking for.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Apparently it's money...if it wasn't then the allegations would not be allegations, they would be in court with actual evidence and he would be arrested. It's amazing to me how easily money buys self worth....

Similar to a drunk that is rich and kills a family member in an accident...I can tell you I would never settle...I would want that person to sit in prison for as long as possible.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

13 Million!???

Uh, Bill grabbed me by the prostate.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Are you saying that you only watch cable news for the babes?

Ironic, as this sums up so perfectly the tone of the Ailes/O'Reilly FOX legacy.

Personally, I really like Tucker. He lost a lot of credibility like 10 years ago when he was on CNN's Crossfire, but, he's not so bad now.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
Are you saying that you only watch cable news for the babes?

Yup, and if you've ever seen them in person you wouldn't blame me.

Personally, I really like Tucker. He lost a lot of credibility like 10 years ago when he was on CNN's Crossfire, but, he's not so bad now.

His voice makes me physically ill. He's like a whiney douche that needs a smack in the gob.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The same people cheering Bill O'Reilly being fired are happy to pay Bill Clinton $100K for a speech. Confusing.

Oh America ....

edit on 1942017 by bellagirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Did anyone ever really watch him anyways?

?

Fortune - Here Are This Year’s 5 Most-Watched Cable News Hosts (Dec 29, 2016):

The five most popular cable news shows aired on Fox News, with The O'Reilly Factor leading with an average of 3.29 million viewers.

And what gives...sad when we hold a news anchor / talking head to higher standards than a former POTUS who didn't just have allegations but was actually guilty and was able to stay POTUS. Anywho....here's to the new talking heads!

Presidents, talking heads and standards? How about everytime the curreny liar-in-chief has the nerve to say "fake news?"

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I find Tucker Carlson repulsive. The things that spew out of his mouth, good lord. I don't see how anyone can abide the sight and sound of him.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Apparently it's money...if it wasn't then the allegations would not be allegations, they would be in court with actual evidence and he would be arrested. It's amazing to me how easily money buys self worth....

The claims afaik were all of the sexual harassment variety as opposed to assault. So there would be no criminal charges, etc.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I'm not sure how anyone could be upset by this.

O'Reilly was one of the biggest jerks on the planet. Why anyone would watch him is beyond me. In real life do we hang out with overbearing, pompous jerks? No. So why would we watch one on TV?

I see some people on here pro and con but with a political spin but your political philosophy should be irrelevant as should whether anyone on the left deserves the same fate. A jerk who's sole job was to divide the country got fired. That's cause for every American to celebrate. It's a small victory but small things become big things over time.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Yes

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
my zone is starting to spin ...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join