It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright a Netflix Original

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Bright was panned by critics but Netflix already greenlit a sequel. 11 million people watched it over its first three days released. If it was released in theaters, at lets say ten dollars a ticket, that is 110 million dollars made over three days. Of course the 11 million is just an estimate. Only Netflix has the real numbers. So the real numbers may well be higher.

I liked Bright. I just wish it was set in its own unique world. It was slightly jarring to have it set in LA and have them be LAPD. If there was an alternate dimension with a Lord of the Rings style Dark Lord in the past, and orcs and dwarves and elves and everything else was real. I think the timeline would of diverged more. But that is just nitpicking. It was a solid action movie.
edit on 29-12-2017 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy
well you just made my day! Thank you! And Netflix should start releasing its movies in theaters. As much as I dislike Chinese ownership of our largest cinema chain, if the American ones don't step up, I am betting AMC will. Soo Regal and Cinemark, better recognize what we want!

Or better yet, they should start breaking into the cinema market themselves and steal market share. Nothing sparks innovation like competition right?

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
The trailer reminded me of Alien Nation too, but if it has supernatural beings, not (just?) aliens, then it could be different enough.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I remember Alien Nation.

Hated the hell out of it.

Bright was far better than A.N.

It could have been better, but it wasn't that bad.

Gansta Orcs!

Orcs to Men!

Orks in the Hood!

LOOOOL.

Really is an Original.
edit on 4-1-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Yes, you are right.a reply to: neo96

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Saw Bright, enjoyed it immensly. Will Smith and his acting have come a long way.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Looks interesting

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
This ain't no small talk, this is big@ss talk.

We doin' real $hit out here.

I'm about dope, money, and guns.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Good Soundtrack...

Crown is a good song too.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join