It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The flat earth conspiracy

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Apparently the full movie is up on youtube..........it's bizarre
like a cult classic.
I enjoyed it like a good b movie

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Excellent topic for a thread. Also in line with this line of questioning is the idea that mabey people are falling victim to believing in the flat earth conspiracy because of all the lead toxins in the evironment especially caused from when gasoline was leaded which caused a noticeable increase in enviromental lead What Im saying is mabey people are getting dumb again because of all the lead in there bodies.

In other words, the evidence for a round earth outways the evidence for a flat Earth.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: zatara

If there was anything, anything at all, to this "theory" do you honestly think that many of us here wouldn't leap at it to check it out? We're on this site for a reason, after all...

Flat Earth is pure bunkum.

The math used literally thousands of years ago provided sufficient proofs to settle FE forever.

The questions being asked of FE believers are valid, and so far, I've not run into a single solitary one of them who can answer these questions. The only response we get for them is "look for yourself". Nonsense, and other such words. If you know the answer, provide it for those of us who are, apparently, too blind to see.

There are so many discussions on YT which will provide you with answers to your valid questions.... and some. You should not believe what flat earthers tell you..but that will not be a problem I guess. Thats why you should do your own research. And again...I am not a flatearther because I am not convinved yet. It is very difficult for me to accept the Earth is flat. But one thing I have learned because of my own diving into it....something is going on. The "strange" stuff with the moonlandings is part of this conclusion... NASA is not telling us all.

Have you seen this science docu called The Principle..? This is something simular.. A must see for people who want to be informed about "alternative" conclusions based on hard science. As you said..thousends of years of math go down the drain if the conclusions made are the right ones.

Then there is of course the fact that we know close to nothing

edit on 22/4/2017 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I'd rather bang my head against a brick wall than argue with a flat earther.

I have two questions for anyone that believes in a flat earth

1) If you're in Sydney, and look at the stars, they're different than they are if you were in London. WHY? If the Earth were flat, surely the sky above us would be the same?
2) There are several hundred people who have gone into space now, from multiple nations. If the Earth is flat, where are the flat Earth photos? Show me a single undoctored photo of a flat earth, and I'll buy in.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: FuggleHop
a reply to: dfnj2015

Excellent topic for a thread. Also in line with this line of questioning is the idea that mabey people are falling victim to believing in the flat earth conspiracy because of all the lead toxins in the evironment especially caused from when gasoline was leaded which caused a noticeable increase in enviromental lead What Im saying is mabey people are getting dumb again because of all the lead in there bodies.

In other words, the evidence for a round earth outways the evidence for a flat Earth.

People are getting dumb because the education system is making them this way. In schools, kids are being taught that "it's not important to have the right answer" in math, and most tests are now multiple choice instead of being critical essay type questions.

Since the 1980's, tests have gotten easier and facts have gotten murkier. People are being taught that they don't want to do their own research, they should just listen to Alex Jones, Rush Limbaugh, or Donald Trump and accept that what they (and often their Church leaders) say is true, and they should just accept it.

Teachers are removing critical thinking, and people are being told to believe what they read on facebook over what they may research on their own on traditional media sites.

People have more access to information than at any time in history, and are the stupidest generation that's ever been, For the first time in history, the average IQ of the generation that follows is NOT higher than the generation before it, not by a long shot.

Take away ability for abstract thought and critical thinking, and you have mindless drones who think they are educated and free.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

Definitely. And remember what Babe Ruth said when he hit his 48th of 1927.

Oh, 1927. THERES a Frueidian slip!

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

I entertained the possibility FE as a thought experiment even though it goes against every thing I
taught myself about astronomy, physics, the sun being a star undergoing fusion ect.

I said ok I will suspended everything I know about physics and astronomy and as a thought exercise listen to the flat earth community and their arguments on you tube.

Honestly given what I know I could not accept any of the cases for flat earth however I could see how the videos could appeal to those with no background or interest in science.

like I said I suspended my judgement briefly and did a what if thought experiment with flat earth and quite frankly the case it is very poor.

It's not even scientific FE starts with the premise that the earth is already flat and only seeks evidence to support it's case and discards anything that challenges that world view.

I myself would like these questions answered if the earth really is flat.

1.How can I observe satellites and the Iss in the night sky orbiting the earth?

2. Where does the signal come from when I watch satellite TV in the country if there are no satellites according to FE?

3. When I observe a compass what causes the needle to point north if the earth does not have a molten metal core generating a magnetic field?

4. If the earth is not a sphere tilted at 23.5 degrees as it orbits the sun then what causes it to be winter in Argentina while it is Summer in north america?

5. What causes both lunar and solar eclipses with a flat earth?

6. What is the source of gravity on a flat earth?

8. Why do other celestial bodies appear spherical while the earth is supposedly flat?

9. If the sun is not a star undergoing fusion by convert hydrogen into helium and releasing energy then how does it work and what is the sun in the flat earth model?

10. How can an international conspiracy be carried out by nations that are not always on friendly terms with each other to conceal that space travel is not even possible?

11.Why Are telecommunication companies wasting millions of dollars to launch satellites into orbit if most versions of FE do not accept that space travel is possible?

12. Where does the GPS signal that my phone can pick come from if there are no satellites? I have been in back country where I have had no cell signal because there are no towers in that area or anything man made yet I have been able to pick up GPS satellite coordinates.
How is this possible if there are no satellites?

13.If it is not charged solar particles hitting the ionosphere at the magnetic north and south pole that causes the aurora borealis then what is its cause?

14. If not space debris heating and lighting up as it hits the atmosphere, then what is the cause of the numerous shooting stars I have witnessed?

15. Every time I watch videos of astronauts on the ISS floating in total weightlessness is it all just a hoax on some set with
astronauts of many nationality all in on the scam and not a single one has let slip that it's all just a act?

Enjoy the View of our round earth from the ISS

edit on 22-4-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Proving the Earth is not flat is extremely easy. Here is a video:

www.youtube.com...

After watching the above, anyone claiming that the Earth is flat has serious mental or psychological problems.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius
There is a lot of disimformation out there to discredit FET. My reccommendations are Rob Skiva and Jeranism. Historical and scientific. I have watched other's claiming to be a flat earther but make it all look stupid. You have to discern.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: childoffather

Or, you know, you could explain the North Star and southern cross.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Do you mean to say that there is century's of credible scientific discoveries that discredit flat earth?

I'm pretty sure the whole theory of flat earth qualifys as disinformation.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Personally though, I am now at peace in my surroundings and know that I know that I know.

Is your head spinning?

you are now at peace in your surroundings and know that you know that you know?

That sounds like you are saying that you know, yet..... in the same post you call them your beliefs a few times as well.

You write like a disjointed person, very confused.

I was raised in the public school system. I believed them but had doubts, but instead of questioning them, gave them the benefit of the doubt.

Be it public school or private school, school is where we go and learn.

So you didn't understand what you were learning and you didn't bother asking.

They didn't figure it out...they speculated, which is all science is today, speculation, with number's and letter's all jumbled up in lines to make it look more complicated than what it really is, but really there to distract you from the truth and make you believe you can't go and find out for yourself whether the earth is round like a spinning ball.

science is speculation with numbers and letters all jumbled up in lines to make it look complicated , to distract you and make you believe in things?

And YouTube is some sort holy gospel where geniuses like yourself gather intelligent information to share with the world.

there are a lot of very well done videos out there which can explain your question.

Yes, like many other that delve into the alternative media, you seem to have fallen into trap, you have trapped yourself into a box.

The only way to change your thinking is with a YouTube video with a good soundtrack to give the video that real believable feel.

I am convinced we are not on a spinning ball. Why can't science prove that?

Science has proved over and over we live on a globe.

You seem to think you know what science is, however, from what you post its clear don't.

Many, many scientists have tried to prove a spinning earth but no real evidence, just made up math. Nothing solid.

This just shows how much you lack understanding about science and math.

Proof, is a mathematical term, so if there is math explaining the curvature and the globe model, that's about as solid as you can get.

If your were to get a telescope with two lenses like binoculars, you would be able to see that those "so called" planets, look nothing more than stars.

The truth is coming out more and more.

yes, mental illness is getting at all time high.

I was deceived too and just took their word for it because they are suppose to be educated scholars...lol.

No, how you explained it is that you didn't understand what you were learning in school and didn't bother asking.

There is much disinformation out there it is hard to discern the truth.

However, when it comes to math and science, there is no difficulty discerning the truth if one understands the scientific procedure, how conclusions are made and what steps were taken to make such conclusions.

That's because you are taking someone else's word for it instead of going out and experimenting yourself to know the truth. The truth will set you free.

are just trolling now?

This is what you said you have done, you have taken the teachers word in school, didn't experiment, learn and ask questions yourself.

and it seems you have done the same thing again, taken someones words for it, however this time its someone with a YouTube channel.

Personally, I think it is ignorant to believe anything a man tells me to be true, without first going and testing it first.

well if that's an admission of ignorance than that's on you. its good to be honest though.

Its all on you to ask for help if you cannot grasp or understand certain concepts.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Some people just can't be taught, and other's need to be open and just keep seeking.

Yes, you have already highlighted this fact.

You said you couldn't learn anything and just gave your teachers the benefit of the doubt that they were telling the truth, that they were attempting to teach you reality.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Hey there SolAquarius, Those are very good questions and all questions have answers... I can not tell you what the answers are for your questions but I am sure Eric Dubay can.

Have you heared from this guy? I believe he is the one who stirred it all up again out from nowhere. He made a lot of YT vids on the subject and maybe it is helpfukl if you start with this one. Most of your questions will be answered...if they are the correct ones I do not know.

200 proofs the earth is flat

Take some time..think it over...and let me know what you make of his logic.

edit on 23/4/2017 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Enjoy the View of our round earth from the ISS

I couldn't even get past the thumbnail without spotting a problem.......this is supposed to be a real pic right?

I added some arrows in red to show the direction of sunlight illuminating the moon. How can the moon be lit from "above" when the Earth's surface that is visible in this pic, is in the dark, and the sun is supposed to be on the opposite side?

And the stars, I thought stars were not visible from space, but you can see them in this pic.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AstralAvenger

Most pictures taken from the ISS have massive refraction. You really think that's the curvature the ISS actually witnesses? No. From the very beginning that angle is distorted.

Obviously though the issue is 'direction of sunlight illuminating the moon'. Rofl. You're trying to believe you understand things you don't, and are looking for things that aren't there.

The huge majority reason stars 'aren't seen in space' is nearly a meme. It's the exposure you set for the photograph, so if you're looking for stars to be exposed, there is no issue in space or not when photographing stars. The idea you believe you cannot see stars in space is just another example of the ignorance driving your new conclusions, like the rest of flat earthers.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AstralAvenger

Nope. Not a real pic.

It's a thumbnail made for the video feed.

Lots of YouTube videos use creative looking thumb nails that are not a frame from the actual video. Lot's of Youtubers do that.

Also: Yes you can take pictures of stars from space. Same rules apply though to do so - depends on how long the expsure time is, bright objects within the FOV can cause problems doing so, and the image speed (ISO) being used.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TerminalVelocity

Nope. Not a real pic. It's a thumbnail made for the video feed.

I like how you downplay it. This vid is presented as proof of a round Earth but it shows a fake image before even playing.

Why make a fake thumbnail.

Lots of YouTube videos use creative looking thumb nails that are not a frame from the actual video. Lot's of Youtubers do that.

Lots of youtubers produce fake pics to use as a thumbnail for their vids?

This is not a NASA pic?

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Mordekaiser

Obviously though the issue is 'direction of sunlight illuminating the moon'. Rofl. You're trying to believe you understand things you don't, and are looking for things that aren't there.

Rofl? Explain to me the funny mistake I supposedly made. It obviously does not add up, and sofar others agree that it must be fake.

Most pictures taken from the ISS have massive refraction. You really think that's the curvature the ISS actually witnesses? No. From the very beginning that angle is distorted.

I don't see what "curvature witnessed by the ISS" has to do with the blatant issue here, but please explain.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AstralAvenger
a reply to: TerminalVelocity

Why make a fake thumbnail.

It's not fake. Your interpretation is that it is fake, but no one denies the distortion created; is it accurate? No.

Is it a fake? A sham? A big fat phony? No, the distortion is explained and not presented as reality. NASA never claimed photos are what proves the Earth is round in the first place, many of the techniques they use to photograph the Earth result in round images, and would look round even if Earth was flat.

People like to see round images of the Earth, this is why they distort images, and basically take enormous wide angle photos, that are so wide, they're nearly 360* of the horizon. The difference is they aren't taking photos to merely make round images, it's that a photo with the horizon at every angle you can see is interesting to look at.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join