It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The flat earth conspiracy

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: childoffather

So go test the North Star and southern cross. Then get back to us when you figure out that flat earth is nonesense.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Generally when one cites a source for their support, they are willing to be specific, therefore bolstering their argument. To be honest, I don't care what the bible says about the shape of the earth. Every single scientific writing of any source for the past half of a millennium supports my point of view.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ZeussusZ
[We are heading south.]
Head north, you will get there in half the time.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

/sarcasm

What's to explain? It's a wobbly table-top, especially when the god(s) sit down together to feast.

/sarcasm OFF

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

These arguments have already been pointed out and debated and in most cases have debunked the ball (heliocentric) theory. Why on earth do I need to waste my breath on redundancy? Some people just can't be taught, and other's need to be open and just keep seeking. When you do find the truth, the answers you will find will be so simple and straight in your face that in reality, anyone, once seeing the truth, will never go back to what man says without seeking out its true purpose.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
The flat stationary earth theory is pretty easy to ridicule using math and geometry.

But how many miles would you really travel if you sailed around the coastline of Antarctica? is a nagging question I have...

I keep suspecting it would really be quite a lot more than 11000 to 12000 miles.

Check out this wiki of Jon Sanders...

"Jon Sanders was the first man to circumnavigate Antarctica, circling the continent TWICE in 1981 – 1982.

Longest distance continuously sailed by any yacht: 48,510 miles (78,070 km)."

I suspected this meant Antarctica is more like 24000 miles to sail around ONCE. More than twice as fat around as thought.

But then I read this part...

"During the voyage, he passed south of the three great capes: Horn, Good Hope and Leeuwin, before rounding Cape Horn a second time. He turned north to Plymouth, UK and returning south around Good Hope and returning to Fremantle."

This path would explain the extra mileage.

But it also seems like a very unlikely detour to make.

Like you sail south of Australia, south of Africa, and then soon as you pass Africa, you make an insane course change, go all the way north to Europe, and then go all the way south back below South America. WTF kind of drunken sailor path is that??? Shouldn't even call it a circumnavigation of Antarctica if you're gonna sail all the way from South Africa to Scotland and back in the process!
edit on 22-4-2017 by InachMarbank because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

If the ball earth has been debunked, I'm sure you can provide proof of it.

Or are you just "wasting your breathe on redundancy" because you can't prove anything?

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
If the Earth is flat, I have a serious problem...

I have physically stood on both poles.

It's a great experience, one I suggest everyone try, if able.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Some people just can't be taught

And others, such as FE believers, cannot grasp reality

When you do find the truth, the answers you will find will be so simple and straight in your face that in reality, anyone, once seeing the truth, will never go back to what man says without seeking out its true purpose.

If its so simple, then answer the questions with your super simple, obvious, answers instead of skirting around them

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

You ask us to find out for ourselves. I stated in an earlier post 3 personal observations that are evidence of a round earth if you are sure the earth is flat due to your own expertise then you should be able to explain how on a flat earth these three Personal Observations work.

1. What are the satellites and international space station that I have witnessed with my own eyes?

2. How do my parents receive a television signal from a satellite if satellites are not real?

3. What is causing the needle of my compass to point to a north magnetic field?
(Note I have experimented with compasses and magnets to determinate the distance of a magnetic field around a magnet and it polar orientation so I know that compasses work on detecting magnetic fields.)

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Said every mystic/ prophet, ever.

I'm curious though. What do you say to people who are immune to mumbo jumbo like "the truth is out there," It's already been discussed a million times (no citation)" or "you will know the truth when you do X and discover Y for yourself!"

Because that's gotta be super frustrating, right?

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

I thought the wobble was because one of the gods was losing at monopoly.

Learn something new every day

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Since the dome flat earth model is similar to those desktop novelty snow domes maybe snow and earthquakes are caused from God or the gods shaking up the dome as they grasp it in their hands.

edit on 22-4-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

did it set you free ?

You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you mad

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

That's very men in black-esque.

I want a noisy cricket.
edit on 2242017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Or the end of cemetery man.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

I haven't seen that so won't watch the YouTube vids. I will be searching for it though so I can watch the whole thing. Is it any good?

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Thats the thing with people who have not take a serious look into the FE matter. They do not take the time to find answers themselves but rather condemn people who can not answer their question. They are so very convinced that what mainstream science has taught them is the absolute truth. So very convinced that an other look into it...or using their own brainpower will be a waste of time.

Not very long ago I learned a new term, cognitive dissonance. These few words describe perfectly what is going on with people who turn frustrated when a "ridiculous" alternative is presented to them... It really does not even really matter if this alternative is the truth or not... This alternative reality is shaking their believe sysytem in such a devestating way that they have difficulty to comprehend.

Being aware that this is happening to oneself is a sign of growth.. becoming open minded. It does not mean you should believe everything people say but it will give you the abillity to listen, think and form a balanced opinion about what is presented to you. That is how great discoveries have been made and will be made.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

Can you explain the North Star and southern cross?

Surely some flat earther must be able to. Or is that the Achilles heel for flat earthers?

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

If there was anything, anything at all, to this "theory" do you honestly think that many of us here wouldn't leap at it to check it out? We're on this site for a reason, after all...

Flat Earth is pure bunkum.

The math used literally thousands of years ago provided sufficient proofs to settle FE forever.

The questions being asked of FE believers are valid, and so far, I've not run into a single solitary one of them who can answer these questions. The only response we get for them is "look for yourself". Nonsense, and other such words. If you know the answer, provide it for those of us who are, apparently, too blind to see.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join