It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The flat earth conspiracy

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinymind

originally posted by: SolAquarius
a reply to: tinymind

While we are at it and assuming we are using the FE model that says space travel is impossible and a hoax.
How can I see the ISS at a given time?
When Sputnik was launched how could people tap into its transmission?
Where does the satellite signal come from that my dad uses to watch TV at his house in the country?

While I had thought of some of this, I am hoping if the two which I posed are answered all the others would not to be asked.

These two questions are based upon observations which are thousands of years old and do not depend upon being related to anything "new".

Let me take this one step further.
For anyone who can, or will, accept this challenge.
I will provide the necessary transportation and give a reward of one hundred thousand dollars to anyone who can show me the edge of the flat earth. We must, of course, go to a location where there is no more land or water, and looking down see nothing but stars, and one more step would let us fall off the edge. I really do want someone to show me this place before I call the "flat earth" theory a reality.

I accept your challenge. I'll meet you at Christchurch new Zealand. We are heading south. You said you'll provide transport, we need a big boat and helicopter.
When are we going, any times good with me.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79
Then why should any of us answer your questions about a non spinning ball earth? You really must go and find the truth for yourself. The answer's are out there. Seek and you will find.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: childoffather

Lay some quotes on us from the Torah that support flat earth.

Then explain, please, how many constellations are visible in one hemisphere and not the other.

This really isn't a whole lot to ask if the flat earth is the reality.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: childoffather
Then why should any of us answer your questions about a non spinning ball earth? You really must go and find the truth for yourself. The answer's are out there. Seek and you will find.

You're the one making the claims you can't back up.

Still waiting on your answer for the North Star and southern cross.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Really?

Seek and ye shall find, eh?

Not very original. This is a teaching moment for you. A chance to show us we're wrong in our viewpoint of the world's reality. How can you pass that up? I surely couldn't...

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I've read the bible several times, cover to cover. King James version. I don't recall the shape of the earth being mentioned. Regardless, it does say that Methusala lived to 400 something years old. I don't believe that either. Just saying.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I have been shown the globe earth model 'evidence' my whole life. I was raised in the public school system. I believed them but had doubts, but instead of questioning them, gave them the benefit of the doubt. Now, many years later, I was shown an alternative view to what had been shoved down my throat my whole life, and know now I should have asked more questions back then. Look, I can't make you believe what I believe, that is something you have to go find yourself. I am sorry if I can't give you a definite answer to your questions, I don't have all the answers, but I promise you, if you sincerely seek to know, you will find out.
Personally though, I am now at peace in my surroundings and know that I know that I know.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Just as I thought. You can't supply any evidence and you can't counter the North Star and southern cross.

You lot have just given up trying. If your going to push this nonesense, you should at least have some answers for the questions that get asked. Especially the ones that show that you flat earthers don't know anything.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson
You appear to want me to point those verses out to you. But, as I stated to Terrydon79, it will be much more revealing if you go and find it for yourself. I will tell you this, Jacob once commanded the sun and stars to stop moving during a battle in which they did, so tell me why did he have to command the sun and moon and stars to stop moving but not the earth. That is just one of many examples for you to discover. Starting with the creation in Genesis is you best start. The first chapter makes it very clear.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

It makes so much sense now.

You're indoctrinated and can't think for yourself. That why you believe in the flat earth delusion, because someone told you.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius

originally posted by: childoffather

But, as far as why would TPTB lie to us? Well, that's easy and I will answer with a question...When, in all of history, has a government, empire, or kingdom not tried to oppress and lie to the people?

How do you not know that Flat Earth is not disinformation that various intelligence agencies allow to spread on line?
Disinformation is very complex and practically a science. Truth can be wrapped in lies wrapped in truth and people swallow it hook line and sinker.
I see flat earth as a means to discrediting the community of those who question the official narrative.

Mirage Men is a great Documentary About how disinformation effects the ufo community.
Why wouldn't tactics like this be used in flat earth community to disseminate a false narrative such as the earth being flat to further a hidden agenda?

That's because you are taking someone else's word for it instead of going out and experimenting yourself to know the truth. The truth will set you free.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Experimenting?

You mean like using this magic called "geometry"?

Or using this other magical device called "eyes", which you use to see the North Star and southern cross?

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Ok riddle me this what are the satellites that I glimpse when I occasionally Stargaze?
I have seen the international space station orbiting in the sky how is this possible if the earth is flat?
When I visit my parents I am able to watch satellite TV . if there are no satellites where does the signal come from?
When I hold a compass the needle points North due to to the molten mmetal core of the earth generating a magnetic field but if the earth is flat and does not have a round magnetic core to generate a magnetic field then what causes my compass to point North?

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   
With all the proofs, it amazes me some folks still believe the Earth is flat. It's as if they are afraid of progression? Moon is cheese.. Earth is on the back of a giant turtle.. Earth is flat.. etc. Earth is round, it's obvious. Yet people ignore hundreds or thousands of proofs because they so want to believe in what they believe. Unless all scientists, governments, technology are "in on it," it's round.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   
i do not think this is
proof that the earth is flat or you sees a flat land or dome on a photo? I do not see
And the conspiracy is undoubtedly - you are wasting your time in exposing the theory of flat land. You could use the time for more useful things
edit on 22/4/17 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: RippedVanWinkle
a reply to: 23432

What is the point you think you are making?

Obvious isn't it ?

Water doesn't curve .

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015>>>> I think the hollow earth theory has been kept around and kicked around by those that want to have something ridiculous to hold up to put other conspiracy theorists in a bad light. But now we're seeing a more ridiculous theory, I call it the Matrix Theory. That we are in a computer simulation. I don't know why some people want us to disbelieve reality and think nothing is as we see it. Maybe sometime soon we'll start seeing some real scary and unsettling things and they'll try to pass it off as illusion or a computer glitch. maybe we're not supposed to see the world as real and then we won't care what happens to those around us. Whatever, its an absurd theory right out of bad Hollywood. And for the record, I thought the Matrix was an okay movie but the plot was pretty stupid. Even Keanu Reeves who I like couldn't completely pull it off.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
No, predictability comes with those who can't open their heart and minds. Some things you just have to go and find for yourself in life and stop looking to people for the answers. I have found, that no matter what evidence I put before someone, mounds and mounds of evidence, yet, because that one thing that still puts doubt, like your northern star and southern cross conflict, they cannot nor will not consider something unique or something that will label them retarded. Personally, I think it is ignorant to believe anything a man tells me to be true, without first going and testing it first.
Selah

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Questions for Flat Earthers:

North Star / Southern Cross
Why is the moon nearly upside down in Australia?
Why is Orion on its side in Australia?

How do timezones work? ~ and lets expand on this one~
FE'ers claim that thy sky is some kind of domed barrier, and the sun / moon etc are projections. So, if its dark here in the UK, how can it be daytime in America if earth is on a flat plane with the same horizon available to everyone contained within the dome? How can I experience sunset at the same time someone can experience sunrise if the sun is a projection on a dome covering a flat plain? How can my entire sky be dark during night time but someone else's entire sky be daytime?

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

No, predictability comes with those who can't open their heart and minds. Some things you just have to go and find for yourself in life and stop looking to people for the answers

So you came up with the entire FE model yourself, rather than learning about it from others on youtube, facebook and the like? Do you see the irony here?

Personally, I think it is ignorant to believe anything a man tells me to be true, without first going and testing it first.

What have you personally gone and tested and can provide evidence of?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join