It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The flat earth conspiracy

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

One theory I came across explaining gravity on a FE was "intelligent pulling" by God.

Replace "FE" with "globe Earth" and the force is still "intelligent pulling by some magical force".

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I would like to address a couple of questions to any, and all, who may believe the earth is flat.

If the earth is flat and the sun simply "hovers" above it in a circular path; I need some one to explain how we and why we can see the light of the sun shine on the bottom of the same clouds which were dark only a short time earlier because the sun light was shining of the tops and being blocked from showing through. This also can be observed in the mornings. These events are normally referred to as happening at sun rise and sun set. If the sun was at a fixed elevation miles above the surface of the earth and the clouds are only several thousands of feet up, I do not understand how such event could take place; unless some mechanism was in place to periodically tilt the earth over.

I would also like to have someone explain why we can see rainbows at different levels in the sky? It is well known that the elevation of these is directly influenced by the angle of the light which is being refracted by the water droplets in the atmosphere. Could it be that the sun, while hovering at a set elevation miles above the earth could, of its own accord, change the angle at which its light struck these water droplets?

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I think we should all get together and flatten out the
Earth's surface from corner to corner (heh heh). It's
so darn hard to take measurements with all those
bumpy things in the way.

bah... I just realized FE believe the surface is circular.
*joke-fail*

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: RippedVanWinkle

Well, hello there. Back again, are we?

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Yeah, I was asleep for 20 years. Thanks for noticing.

Anything on topic?

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: RippedVanWinkle
Anything on topic?

Now you're back with another account, want to try and explain the North Star and southern cross?

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: tinymind

While we are at it and assuming we are using the FE model that says space travel is impossible and a hoax.
How can I see the ISS at a given time?
When Sputnik was launched how could people tap into its transmission?
Where does the satellite signal come from that my dad uses to watch TV at his house in the country?
edit on 21-4-2017 by SolAquarius because: have you ever tried writing on a forum using a phone

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Not sure what you mean, been asleep for 20 years. Are you some sort of extension of the PTB around here?
edit on 21-4-2017 by RippedVanWinkle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Not sure what you mean, been asleep for 20 years. Are you some sort of extension of the PTB around here?

So the same answer of ignorance as before? Thought so. I'll explain, again.

North Star can be seen in the northern hemisphere.
Southern cross can be seen in the Southern Hemisphere.

If the flat earth delusion was real you A, would be able to see them at the same time, all the time and B, they wouldn't go below the horizon.

So, explain that with your flat earth.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

So the same answer of ignorance as before?

What are you talking about?

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

What I'm talking about is you failing to answer the what I posted, again.

In case you missed it....

North Star can be seen in the northern hemisphere.
Southern cross can be seen in the Southern Hemisphere.

If the flat earth delusion was real you A, would be able to see them at the same time, all the time and B, they wouldn't go below the horizon.

So, explain that with your flat earth.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

What I'm talking about is you failing to answer the what I posted, again.

What do you mean again? And why do you think you can come in and fire random questions at me that I will answer?

Because you think that on a flat plane you have infinite vision?

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Answer the question or just admit you can't and flat earthers are just deluded.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I basically just did, answer my question.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Explain the plane thing.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I basically just did, answer my question.

No you didn't.

Try again.

Your question is answered because we can see light years away by just looking up at night.

Also, I don't need to answer question abouta flat earth because it doesn't exist.
edit on 2142017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

By golly, you're right!!!

It's just so... so obvious. Even someone asleep for twenty years should realize that.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

By golly, you're right!!!

It's just so... so obvious. Even someone asleep for twenty years should realize that.

Unless the person is a flat earther. They live in permanent denial and can't answer questions

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
What if there was a breakaway faction in the flat earth community that thought the earth was flat
because they believed the earth is actually a cube?

Cube Earth Society Anyone?

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius
a reply to: tinymind

While we are at it and assuming we are using the FE model that says space travel is impossible and a hoax.
How can I see the ISS at a given time?
When Sputnik was launched how could people tap into its transmission?
Where does the satellite signal come from that my dad uses to watch TV at his house in the country?

While I had thought of some of this, I am hoping if the two which I posed are answered all the others would not to be asked.

These two questions are based upon observations which are thousands of years old and do not depend upon being related to anything "new".

Let me take this one step further.
For anyone who can, or will, accept this challenge.
I will provide the necessary transportation and give a reward of one hundred thousand dollars to anyone who can show me the edge of the flat earth. We must, of course, go to a location where there is no more land or water, and looking down see nothing but stars, and one more step would let us fall off the edge. I really do want someone to show me this place before I call the "flat earth" theory a reality.
edit on 21-4-2017 by tinymind because: after thought

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join