It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The flat earth conspiracy

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: che33
I wonder why UN uses the flat earth as there flag?

And i wonder WTF the plane tickets to the South Pole so expensive: Price: USD 49 750- 50 000!? and you are only allowed to watch some penguins

The flight to the Pole will take between 4-6 hours depending on the aircraft.

No country or nation is a recognized ‘owner’ of Antarctica

But the Nazis and the vikings belived in flat earth "Schwabenland".

And of course Operation Highjump you start to wonder.

There Is Definitely Something Strange going on

a reply to: dfnj2015

So, why haven't any Flat Earthers created a kickstarter to crowd fund an expedition ? There seems to be enough of you fools to make it happen.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: che33

But the Nazis and the vikings belived in flat earth "Schwabenland".

And of course Operation Highjump you start to wonder.

There Is Definitely Something Strange going on

a reply to: dfnj2015

I think various esoteric members of the nazi party believed the earth was hollow not flat.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MasterAtArms

So, why haven't any Flat Earthers created a kickstarter to crowd fund an expedition ? There seems to be enough of you fools to make it happen.

They might end up disproving their theory if they actually did field research instead of youtube video research.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: che33

They cost so much, because there are so few commercial flights there. The airline still has to pay for maintenance and fuel on the aircraft, and if you only have a couple flights a week, with a handful of people on board, you charge more. It's a hell of a risk flying any kind of plane down there, and if something were to happen and it get stuck there, that's a plane out of their fleet that could end up hurting later.

Not to mention the fact that you can forget about flying in during winter.
Unless it is a major medical emergency.
Plane completes risky journey back from south pole to rescus sick workers

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

Even before winter it's risky. We had a ski equipped LC-130 get recovered and flown back to get rebuilt after spending 14 years down there. They had an engine problem and an early blizzard buried it.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

youtu.be... these people seem to be doing it quite easily.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Think of earth like a greenhouse, complete with a glass roof, walls, heat source and cooling system (Arctic and Antarctic)
edit on 2-5-2017 by rickyk90 because: Forgot to mention the cooling system.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

We don't see the dome because it's too high up. Meteors are just falling stars which are inside the dome just like everything else including the sun and moon, which by the way are not as big or as high up as we're told

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickyk90

We don't see the dome because it's too high up. Meteors are just falling stars which are inside the dome just like everything else including the sun and moon, which by the way are not as big or as high up as we're told

How do timezones work ?

If the earth is flat, everyone has the same horizon and visible sky. How can my entire sky be dark and someone elses in another part of the world be bright daytime?

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
well the earth is 24,901 miles in circumference and there's 24 hours in a day so on earth the sunlight moves at 1037mph and has a field of view of sunlight at??degrees?? Average square miles of direct sunlight on the earth at any given time?? Anyone?? Anyone??? Bueller????
edit on 2-5-2017 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: libertytoall
well the earth is 24,901 miles in circumference and there's 24 hours in a day so on earth the sunlight moves at 1037mph and has a field of view of the sun is?? Average square miles of direct sunlight on the earth at any given time?? Anyone?? Anyone??? Bueller????

My point is that the entire field of view of the sky is the same (except for mountains and hills) for every point on that flat surface. You cant have full daytime and full night time on a flat surface with the same field of view. This can be demonstrated easily at home with a table, a bowl, and a pea.

edit on 2-5-2017 by MasterAtArms because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Just wanted to clear the Christians from any responsibility for propagating this idea. Flat Earth Myth

Seems as if the science community wanted a fight. They paint the religious as dorks so they could feel superior.

Not Flat

"there was scarcely a Christian scholar of the Middle Ages who did not acknowledge [Earth's] sphericity and even know its approximate circumference".[5]

Stop fighting

Atheists and agnostics championed the conflict thesis for their own purposes, but historical research gradually demonstrated that Draper and White had propagated more fantasy than fact in their efforts to prove that science and religion are locked in eternal conflict.[8]

Typical Contextual freedom.

In 1828, Washington Irving's highly romanticised biography, A History of the Life and Voyages of Christopher Columbus,[13] was published and mistaken by many for a scholarly work.[14] In Book II, Chapter IV of this biography, Irving gave a largely fictional account of the meetings of a commission established by the Spanish sovereigns to examine Columbus's proposals. One of his more fanciful embellishments was a highly unlikely tale that the more ignorant and bigoted members on the commission had raised scriptural objections to Columbus's assertions that the Earth was spherical.[15]

So does that mean this modern flat earth conflict is really science still trying to point to a made up absurdity just so they can look smart. Again they get to make up the disease so they can be the cure.

edit on 2-5-2017 by Observationalist because: Spacing

edit on 2-5-2017 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: rickyk90

no - they tuck thier arms and legs in to avoid fouling thier wires - axactly the opposite of the astronaut

like i say - watch the vid - his summersault = physically impossible if he had suspension wires where you claim they are

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MasterAtArms

well the earth is 24,901 miles in circumference and there's 24 hours in a day so on earth the sunlight moves at 1037mph and has a field of view of the sun is?? Average square miles of direct sunlight on the earth at any given time?? Anyone?? Anyone??? Bueller????

My point is that the entire field of view of the sky is the same (except for mountains and hills) for every point on that flat surface. You cant have full daytime and full night time on a flat surface with the same field of view. This can be demonstrated easily at home with a table, a bowl, and a pea.

Unless the sun is much closer than we've been told and cannot shine it's light everywhere.

sun .
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: libertytoall

Doesn't matter.

Hold a pea 1cm above a flat table. All parts of that table can see the pea

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MasterAtArms

I don't know man it's pretty hard to see across the long island sound at times or the Manhattan skyline or a airplane once it travels beyond the field of view but it's still up there how come I can't see

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I don't know man it's pretty hard to see across the long island sound at times or the Manhattan skyline or a airplane once it travels beyond the field of view but it's still up there how come I can't see

But you were talking about the sun. Regardless what you believe, the sun is one bright ball of light strong enough to penetrate even the worst weather. On a flat surface, no matter where it was in the sky, you could see it everywhere.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

No no, now you're picking and choosing between fantasies. If we want to imagine the earth is flat then you can't be so closed minded to think the sun is actually what it is either.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

No no, now you're picking and choosing between fantasies. If we want to imagine the earth is flat then you can't be so closed minded to think the sun is actually what it is either.

Doesn't make any difference to my point though - regardless of what the sun actually is, anything in the sky on a flat surface can be seen everywhere from that flat surface. Perhaps you care to address that point than try to deflect?

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I did you won't accept it. planes fly overhead all day long and they don't travel more than 30 miles before you can't see them anymore. If you were 40,000 feet in the air you would still only see 240 miles or so.

Have a nice day I'm finished here.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join