It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The flat earth conspiracy

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme
Also, in the 21st Century, anyone thinking the Earth is flat, or that they are contributing to the progression of human knowledge and science by believing it's 'good' to remain open about such ideas, are an embarrassment to our species and what we have achieved together.

Yeah, well, I don't identify with your kind so.......

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AstralAvenger

What are the satellites and space station I have seen multiple times while stargazing if space travel is impossible?

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   
For goodness sake - THE EARTH IS NOT FLAT.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AstralAvenger
Noone has ever proven this. Even posterboy Tyson admits this.

Ah. Shame. However, the scientific explanations, with the plethora of observable phenomena to back up said explanations seems rather abundant.

There is nothing to substantiate a flat earth theory. Apart from people who seemingly want to undermine human endeavours.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

How come I can see further distances when I climb a mountaintop?

If the earth were flat, elevation would not make a difference as to the distance you can see to the horizon.

Can you answer that for me?

It has been answered 1000's of times and can be easily demonstrated. Perspective.

Off course elevation matters on flat surface. The higher you are the further away the point is where your line of sight gets nearly parallel to the surface. This can be demonstrated easily at a small scale on a flat surface.

Do some research because this is entry level stuff.
edit on 24-4-2017 by AstralAvenger because: (no reason given)

link   

Yeah, well, I don't identify with your kind so.......

My kind. What, you mean people who have gone to school and had an education?

Please don't say you actively tell people in real life that you believe in this flat earth theory horsesh*t..?

link   

...What?

The sun is in a dip created by something at the center of our Galaxy. The sun creates it's own dip that the Earth is caught it. The Earth creates a dip that you are caught it.

Nothing is "PULLING YOU". YOU are the one falling onto the Earth. You are falling because the Earth changes your local spacetime.
edit on 24-4-2017 by Mordekaiser because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

Not objects in space.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Mordekaiser

The sun creates it's own dip

How and why does it create this "dip" in spacetime?

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Where does the signal for the satellite television that I have watched come from if there are no satellites?

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   

All mass creates a dip. You create a dip.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

Non space based "satellites"?

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Mass creates a dip. A dip is the opposite of a peak. So we have up and down in spacetime.

Why does mass create a depression in spacetime? Why does it do anything to spacetime?

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   

The force it creates is similar to a dip, it attracts. The opposite force is Darkmatter, and is likely Gravity on the 'otherside' of Spacetime.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Why does mass create a depression in spacetime? Why does it do anything to spacetime?

If you're asking this question and also trying to debate the validity of a flat earth theory, then you really need to go to your local library and read some basics on physics and astrophysics.

I do not claim to be anything even remotely close to an expert, but even my dumb brain can grasp the concepts of elementary astrophysics and there is enough evidence to convince me that their current theories of gravitational effects on time and space have validity.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   

It attracts? What attracts? Spacetime?

Gravitah on teh other side of spacetime is Dark Matter?

Any literature on that?

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   

It attracts? What attracts? Spacetime?

Gravitah on teh other side of spacetime is Dark Matter?

Any literature on that?

The dip created in spacetime, if large enough, can allow for a large object to create a 'slide' that a smaller objects rolls down on, until it strikes the larger object. This is what is happening between you and the Earth.

Real spacetime is also much more malleable than spandex. And in 3 dimensions.
edit on 24-4-2017 by Mordekaiser because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   

I wish we had such good visuals when I was in school. Would have made the whole process much more simple to understand.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

How come I can see further distances when I climb a mountaintop?

If the earth were flat, elevation would not make a difference as to the distance you can see to the horizon.

Can you answer that for me?

It has been answered 1000's of times and can be easily demonstrated. Perspective.

Off course elevation matters on flat surface. The higher you are the further away the point is where your line of sight gets nearly parallel to the surface. This can be demonstrated easily at a small scale on a flat surface.

Do some research because this is entry level stuff.

There's this thing called 'the horizon'.

It's due to the curvature of the earth.

If the earth were flat, I'd be able to see unlimited distances, just like I can see the moon when it drops over the horizon.

I certainly can't see an ocean going vessel if it is a hundred mile offshore, but I can see the moon when it is 230,000 miles away?

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   

But your example shows an object creating a dip in "spacetime" because of the force you refer to as gravity.

So in reality, there is something like the force of gravity below the spacetime field?

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join