It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex/Kelly Jones custody trial

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I'm not interested in debating whether Alex Jones is a nutjob, actor, con artist, patriot or whatever, I don't give a #, whatever he is I can't stand the guy.

We all know he's going through a custody trial at the moment and that his ex-wife is trying to use his videos to prove that he is unfit for raising their children. As of right now the judge approved only two videos to be showed at trial.

First video is with his son. I assume it's this one..

And the other is Joe Rogan Experience Podcast where he was drinking and took one hit of weed. I actually enjoyed this one because I am a Rogen fan and listen to his podcasts on regular basis. This episode #911 was very entertaining IMO.

Alex Jones testifies at custody hearing
So far, at a recent pretrial hearing, Naranjo OK’d two videos to be played at trial and nixed two others. The two that she approved included one in which his son, then 12, appeared on “Infowars” as what amounted to Jones’ anointed heir. The second showed Jones taking a puff of marijuana on comedian Joe Rogan’s live podcast in California in February. David Minton, another os Jones’ lawyers, pointed out that the puff was legal in California and that Jones, like, Minton said, some members of the Texas Legislature, backs decriminalizing marijuana for adults.

Naranjo did not approve showing the jury a video clip of a confusing scene in which Jones and Stone, the longtime Trump confidant, interrupted live coverage of the 2016 Republican National Convention in Cleveland by a left-wing news show called The Young Turks. She also disallowed showing the jury an expletive-studded diatribe by Jones directed at U.S. Rep. Adam Schiff, the ranking Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee investigation of Trump’s Russia ties, in which, Schiff has suggested, Stone and Jones might be entangled.

Alex Jones calls these kinds of videos "art" and the judge did not allow it.

Contains adult language. Viewer discretion is advised.

So will these videos help or hurt Alex Jones in court?
edit on 19-4-2017 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: whatsecret

3rd thread about this.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

3rd thread about this.

About how the videos will impact the trial? All I found is whether Jones is a fake or not.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I'm sure his wife didn't mind cashing the checks.
But now his show is a problem.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Of-course Alex is going to claim that his public persona is just an act.

Some of his behavior probably is an act but I would argue that he believes most of what he says.

Apparently Alex has temporary custody of his kids until this case is concluded.

How did that happen? A father almost never gets custody unless something is seriously wrong with the mother.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
i don't like the guy, although my fist few times dipping my toes into the conspiracy world were through his website.

With that being said, I don't like a lot of people but that doesn't mean I think the children should have to lose one parent.....
Then again, who am I to say what may or may not go on behind their closed doors? Only she and Alex truly know if he is unfit.

Wishing for the best outcome for the CHILDREN as I don't really give a toss about Alex's feelings or his ex wife's.

-Alee
edit on 4/19/2017 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Way back in the day (20 years ago) I went through a very contentious divorce (my parents) and subsequent custody battle, to the point where I was being pulled on one arm by my mom and one by my day because they were bickering about my dad being 15 minutes early to pick me up.

My opinion--for the sake of his kids, we should quit opining on Alex Jones' fitness to have custody of his son. Divorces and custody battles are enough hell for a child to go through without the internet world throwing in their two cents about it.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

He's nutty. His skepticism, if extreme and misplaced, was also right in a way. There does seem to be collaboration between media, business, and politics. And although he didn't really call it accurately, he's not wrong to be suspicious. Just not clever enough to pinpoint it accurately (or more likely clever enough to profit from particular market segments).

That said, if you lose custody for expletives and legal weed, I question the fairness of the courts. Oh wait, Rogans been cautioning against that forever.

Marriage, once the bedrock of western civ, now a minefield for anyone with a cis penis.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
Way back in the day (20 years ago) I went through a very contentious divorce (my parents) and subsequent custody battle, to the point where I was being pulled on one arm by my mom and one by my day because they were bickering about my dad being 15 minutes early to pick me up.

My opinion--for the sake of his kids, we should quit opining on Alex Jones' fitness to have custody of his son. Divorces and custody battles are enough hell for a child to go through without the internet world throwing in their two cents about it.

I agree. I don't want to discuss his children. I want to talk about these two specific videos and their impact on the trial. Will the jury use it against him or not. Because I don't see a problem with these videos but the other videos would definitely hurt him if played in court.
edit on 19-4-2017 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Let the son speak to the judge alone in court how he would like to have it.
This is how i had it when i was 11 after 4 years tug of war.

top topics

join