It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dominoes are falling Chaffetz wont seek re-election.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
He's going to run for governor of Utah. As an aside, UTAH... it's not like this seat will be won by anyone not with an 'R' after their name on the ballot. It's all good.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
This is "fake news" by all reliable news sources.

Maybe Louise is working for the Russians?

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
a reply to: Butterfinger
The blackmail was used to insure his compliance with Trump.
The IC knows this, he was told to retire since his collusion with Trump is essentially treason.

K~

Do you have a source for that?

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Just mentioning Louise Mensch disrupts even the smallest big of integrity and accuracy of allegations

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
He's going to run for governor of Utah. As an aside, UTAH... it's not like this seat will be won by anyone not with an 'R' after their name on the ballot. It's all good.

Nah, the Democrats will find some 30-something pajama boy and pour the equivalent of a presidential war chest into the race to back him and get all hot and bothered that he *might* pull an upset. Early returns will show him leading by 80% and then by the time all the ballots are counted, he'll fall miserably short and they'll all chatter about moral victories.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Oh brother...

Yeah, everyone in Utah knows Chaffetz wants to be governor. He's not resigning from Congress. He's a guy in his early 50's who is retiring at the end of his term to do something else.

I swear to God, our leftists have become so desperate for anything they can claim as a win that they're actually trying to turn the routine political retirement of a Congressman from a seat they have ZERO chance of winning (a common problem they have lately), into some kind of "victory".

OK, well, when Congressman Chaffetz leaves office at the end of his term in 2018, y'all can put on your pajamas, pour some nice hot cocoa, and "celebrate" your Big Win.

I'm sorry lefties, but you've gone from disturbingly desperate to laughably pathetic at this point...

edit on 19-4-2017 by SBMcG because: Bill Clinton's wife lost the popular vote.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

The way Evan Mcmullin works with Louise, Liberals would vote for him

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
The Russians are starting to sound like the Illuminati.

/sigh

You mean an imaginary cabal of people trying to exert political influence across the world?

Yea, I think you're right.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX

The way Evan Mcmullin works with Louise, Liberals would vote for him

I'm no McMuffin fan for sure, but he's probably the front-runner for the Chaffetz seat right now.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
He's not seeking re-election because he's going to join the Trump admin.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Oh it's definitely a win not to have that smarmy faced weasel around.

Governor? Sure that was before the present debacle.
Did you see his town halls? LOL

So a leading republican who chairs a powerful committee when his party holds all the levers of power in Washington decides without warning to to just chuck it all for maybe Governor in 2020?

Right.

K~

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

You mean the way the townhalls have been astroturfed by the so-called Resistance?

Odds are those are not his constituents or if they were, they didn't vote for him any of the times he ran for the office. These mobs have been organized to show up at a lot of townhalls in an attempt to make it look like the voters are angry with Republicans, but it's the left playing pretend.

They're not fooling anyone. We all know the left is mad at Republicans.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek

Oh it's definitely a win not to have that smarmy faced weasel around.

Governor? Sure that was before the present debacle.
Did you see his town halls? LOL

So a leading republican who chairs a powerful committee when his party holds all the levers of power in Washington decides without warning to to just chuck it all for maybe Governor in 2020?

Right.

K~

Uh, "smarmy faced weasel"...?

Did you ever get a good look at Bill Clinton's wife's hideous puss?

You do know that it's now official: you leftists have been on the longest and most soul-crushing losing streak in political history. You lost the White House, you lost the House, you lost the Senate, you lost the Supreme Court for at least the next 25 years (likely 6 - 3 in Trump's first term), and most of you are not aware of the worst loss of all -- President Trump has well over 100 Federal judicial seats to fill which will forever destroy the last real vestige of entrenched leftist power left in our Federal government.

So if you find some solace in the fact that a conservative Congressman has decided to retire 19 months from now, who will almost certainly be replaced by another conservative, and that fact sends a tingle up your leg, hey -- who am I to harsh your joy?

edit on 19-4-2017 by SBMcG because: Bill Clinton's wife lost the popular vote too!

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

‘I Might Depart Early’: Rep. Jason Chaffetz Considering Leaving Congress

www.mediaite.com...

Bye scumbag. That will teach you to lay down for russian dogs.

K~

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

or maybe the problem is that he refused to lay down with the russian dogs. if so, we can probably expect some interesting tidbits popping up on wikileaks or something about him that will probably take a year or two for us to forget about..

that's if the russian do have something on him, which, I haven't really seen anything claiming that they do outside of the source in the op...

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Except greasy weasel first cried "oh how can I face my daughter if I enable Trump.

Then he votes for him, covers for him.

Yea he's under someones thumb.

Either way I'm glad to see that vile example of humanity go to well deserved obscurity.
Wont be no Governor win for him.

K~

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

there's more thumbs in washington than the russian one..
and, in my opinion, just about everyone who voted in the election voted for a pos that would have done more damage than good to the country, he just thought that trump was a better pos!

don't get me wrong, I do not like the little beaver-man and I was quite happy to see that he'll be leaving washington.
but, what if those threats that trump has been throwing at the congress...
like the threat to ryan about his speaker of the house position..
is more than just words.
what if nunes' weird visits to white house for secret transfers of information...
what if it's more that russia has given trump, or someone on his team access to a treasure trove of information about those in the congress, sitting judges, ect.. along with a large team of bots, wikileaks, and alt right websites to disperse this information if they refuse to play ball with him???
if this was true, then it would appear that ryan and nunes caved...
while Chaffetz found whatever he was being pushed into doing was just too reprehensible, he decided that he wasn't gonna do it... he's going home where he will be of little use to trump or the russians...

all of this at the moment doesn't really have many facts to back it up, but it's just as plausible as the nuclear war that everyone is trying to convince us is around the corner... and in this line of reasoning, Chaffetz stands as a giant compared to nunes and ryan!!

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
My god at the number of folks posting here who obviously know nothing about American history, trends in the Electorate, or really, much of anything.

Chaffetz is under investigation for dirty campaign financing.

It's always the ones who are on their high horses that are rotten to the core.

Oh wait, how odd that so many of them are Republican, eh?

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

You can't blatantly lie just because you leftists LOST BIG and you hate conservatives.

There is not an FBI investigation into Chaffetz. That is another one of your lies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join