It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America missed an Opportunity to end the Korean War this Weekend

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

In no way shape or form would a military offensive rely on one moab though. And as zaph said the planes that drop the bomb aren't going to scoot by air defences. It would have to be hundreds if not thousands of missiles hitting strategic positions. We would have to take out their side of the dmz is minutes to reduce souths casualties.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: buellmph

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Guess that's what we call ugly Americans where I come from

To my face?

Nah, just under your breath as you slink away.

The world looks at some people in the USA and they are staggered by your stupidity
I cant say it to your face but I am sure many other people in your country would be happy to call you UGLY AMERICANS to your face on my behalf

Slink away, what as opposed to drop bombs in a sneak attack on North Korea, killing many innocent people. Some ugly, stupid Americans
Seems you are still the minority, well I hope you are

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Quick the throw an insult. Very ignorant of you. Check the books, and you just might find we are still at war with north korea. When a military dictator threatens to send nukes your way as soon as he can, then talk about what options you would like. As if your government has never killed any innocent civilians. The problem will not fix its self obviously. It's been 60 years now. The rhetoric jumped 10 fold when kim took the thrown.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Crumbles

Quick to throw an insult is a little different from dropping bombs on a country that, according to your own country's intelligence, is stone aged
I am not against your country killing people or mine for that matter, its a civil decision. I against your country dropping indiscriminate bombs on people who may not have a choice as to how they are forced to live, a surprise attack on many innocent civilians
But hey, what ever floats your boat

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

You don't attack a gathering of lemmings... with a MOAB...

Perhaps, if necessary, it would be better served to take out the mountainous areas that hide the program?

Take out the head of the snake... All the focus is on Kim Jung Un.. when it should be focused on the MILITARY...

They RULE the show.... Neutralize the threat.... IE their missile program, take out the brutal Military leadership, and let Korea be WHOLE again...

IT's long past time for this western influenced "Global Pressure Point" to END...

China is done with it as well...

The Miltary leadership in NK didn't KILL Kim Jung Un's brother for nothing... think about it...

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason

It's tiring trying to convince people that this isn't some sandbox in the Middle East... the US isn't just gonna roll over these guys, no matter how idiotic one may think Kim Jong-Un is. This is a real deal nuclear state.

Thanks.

I get a bit tired of the USA bravado.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Crumbles

Korea was never at war with us.

We attacked them like all the other nations we've attacked since WW2.

We were never in any danger then and we're not in any danger now.

Our government has bases in 100+ nations.

Our navy is parked off the coast of every continent.

And we have been bombing and attacking nations almost relentlessly since WW2 from Korea then to the ME now.

We're provoking the entire globe yet we're easily triggered by another nation's rhetoric...

edit on 19-4-2017 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

I think you might want to take a gander at the history book again there where the Korean War is concerned...

Just sayin'.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

There was this little conflict that lasted the better part of 3 years called the Korean War?????

Jesus... You're obviously not aware that the US and Chinese military were killing each other during the same conflict?

Because that happened. How do you think the DMZ became the DMZ? Or do you even know what the DMZ is?

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Stevemagegod

Except for the minor fact that the only aircraft capable of carrying MOAB wouldn't have gotten anywhere near Pyongyang without being shot down.

No ones shooting down darts going 36,000 feet per second, falling from a satellite. www.popsci.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: therealfreeworld

of course we haven't "won" anything because winning is not profitable when we can keep churning out production of weapons and military research while letting corporations rebuild everything we and our enemies destroy, war is cash for both sides.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
North Korea has been full of piss and wind for over 60 years what gets me is why now after the horse has bolted and they have nuclear weapons(supposedly- some experts disagree) are we suddenly in a prick waving contest with them.The time to do something was the last administration its too late now.

All the sabre rattling North Korea does is usually before the beggars bowl is handed out it strikes me as a pathetic country not a powerful one,the problem is we have tolerated this behaviour so its become the norm.If China can get them to the negotiating table and give them a way to join the 21st century Im all for it,a rational solution is not going to be found without China.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Exactly. That's why Soth Korea is so pissed off at POTUS. Containment has been working just fine. Trump and Pence ramped up the rhetoric and have Kim triggered. It puts the Seoul in the crosshair and took a situation from 'relatively stable' to 'be ready for war'.

North Korea isn't stupid. If it came to a shooting match they know that eventually their entire government would fall which is also precisely why they've always pursued nuclear weapons. However, even with nukes they are painfully aware that they would probably lose the war even if they were able to win a few battles.

Now Trump wants to measure dicks... The US may find out that the pain and suffering is not going to be worth it. And South Korea is going to pay the heaviest price if it goes hot.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

I htink china would be ok With Russia coming in and taking over myself. They do have a entry point thats wide enough to conduct a invasion,and of course all in the name of protection mind you liek in crimea.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I doubt Russia would take over. DPRK has a short list of friends. They have trade with only a handful of countries outside of China that includes other countries like Bulgaria, Estonia, Monaco and even France in a very small capacity. However they seem to have some support from Russia in the UN. Russia objected to a Security Council statement proposed by the U.S. that would have condemned North Korea’s missile tests, despite China’s support of the measure.

That can be chalked up to a couple things, in my opinion. One, Russia enjoys trolling the US. Two, Putin would gladly welcome an opportunity to team up with the DPRK and play puppet master to a Communist dictatorship the way his Soviet predecessors did with Cuba.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The Op has stated that the perfect opportunity to end the Korean conflict would have been to take out the military forces and hardware during the parade that was done, but dropping a bomb on it, wiping out the problem in one fell swoop.

Here is the problem with that:

The people of North Korea are both fanatical and desperate. They are raised to believe in the leader and the leadership of that country. There dissention equals disloyalty and would be punished harshly.

Now that we know that the average citizen revers their leaders as if they were gods, in a god like admiration, the question is this: Do you think it is a good risk, to eliminate 1 million people to risk a population of 23 million that was revenge for such, that would be backed up by other countries, escalating this out of control?
North Korea has a standing army of 1 million, and about 24 million citizens. It is allied with both China and Russia. A first strike option would bring not only the rest of the population to be livid, but seeking revenge at all costs against the country that eliminated what they revere, and would drag 2 other major powers into the battle as well.

The mass chaos would spill over into South Korea, and now you have a new shooting war, with far worse weapons than the first time around, with the stakes being the entire Korean peninsula, as the goal.

What risks are you willing to take, what lives would you sacrifice to do this? We do not know much about North Korea; they are isolated and have some allies, namely China, Russia and Iran. Who knows what other countries they have contact and alliances with that would support them. Nor would we know where all they would strike. Though I can see that other countries would be caught in the crossfire and fallout from such an event. Japan would be in cross hairs of a counter strike along with other countries that have US interest in such.

The only way to solve the entire Korean conflict and that of the nuclear weapons that North Korea has in its possession and to defuse the situation would ultimately be to start the 6 party talks, with the understanding that it would hold very specific purposes: 1) To end the Korean conflict once and for all. 2) For North Korea to give up its nuclear weapons program. 3) To normalize relations with North Korea, recognizing them as an independent state. 4) To reduce troops on both sides of the DMZ by all parties involved, where there would be no acts of aggression on either side.

We would have to convince both North Korea, and China that peace is a viable solution, that the benefits of working together, without strings attached is the goal and that all will honor said agreement, and not take an aggressive stance. Part of the problem here, is that history and some of the parties stances in the past is working against that very fact.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join