It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aaron Hernandez commits suicide in prison

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Former NFL star Aaron Hernandez, who was serving a life sentence for a 2013 murder and was acquitted in a 2012 double slaying last week, has committed suicide in prison.
Hernandez was discovered hanged in his cell by corrections officers at the Souza Baranowski Correctional Center in Shirley at 3:05 a.m.

Hernandez was in a single cell in a general population housing unit, officials said.
He hanged himself using a bed sheet that he attached to his cell window. He also tried to block his door from the inside by jamming the door with various items.

Lifesaving techniques were attempted on Hernandez, and he was taken to UMASS Leominster, where he was pronounced dead at 4:07 a.m., according to Christopher M. Fallon, of the Massachusetts Department of Correction.

The Massachusetts State Police is investigating.

The 27-year-old Hernandez was serving a life sentence in the 2013 killing of semi-professional football player Odin Lloyd.

Last week, a jury found Hernandez not guilty of first-degree murder in the killings of Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado

Link
This is just breaking.

What a pansie! Shame he didn't do this in the beginning before the trial and save us taxpayers a lot of money!

edit on 4/19/2017 by Martin75 because: fat fingers make for bad spelling

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Wow that is pretty shocking. All that talent and he goes and does something stupid and horrendous, then can't do the time for the crime... such a giant of a coward.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure

Wow that is pretty shocking. All that talent and he goes and does something stupid and horrendous, then can't do the time for the crime... such a giant of a coward.

Meh, I can't imagine life in prison. If you know there's no reasonable expectation to ever get out again, then you're sort of reduced to either escape, living with it, or calling it quits.

I've got a couple of friends in the same boat, they'll never see the outside. They keep going. I am not sure I could do it.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

Former NFL star Aaron Hernandez, who was serving a life sentence for a 2013 murder and was acquitted in a 2012 double slaying last week, has committed suicide in prison.
Hernandez was discovered hanged in his cell by corrections officers at the Souza Baranowski Correctional Center in Shirley at 3:05 a.m.

Hernandez was in a single cell in a general population housing unit, officials said.
He hanged himself using a bed sheet that he attached to his cell window. He also tried to block his door from the inside by jamming the door with various items.

Lifesaving techniques were attempted on Hernandez, and he was taken to UMASS Leominster, where he was pronounced dead at 4:07 a.m., according to Christopher M. Fallon, of the Massachusetts Department of Correction.

The Massachusetts State Police is investigating.

The 27-year-old Hernandez was serving a life sentence in the 2013 killing of semi-professional football player Odin Lloyd.

Last week, a jury found Hernandez not guilty of first-degree murder in the killings of Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado

Link
This is just breaking.

What a pansie! Shame he didn't do this in the beginning before the trial and save us taxpayers a lot of money!

Good riddance. Pretty sure he contributed nothing good to this world.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   
What an unfortunate string of choices for a man with such talent...

I enjoyed watching his trial and discussing it with my papa while he was still alive.

-Alee

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   

ZERO F'S GIVEN

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Or before he killed his buddy!

Waste of life.

+14 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
The title should have read, "former tight end afraid of becoming wide receiver."

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DonVoigt
The title should have read, "former tight end afraid of becoming wide receiver."

Oh...that was good....

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Hi Marty!
As I'm reading this I feel like I'm not very aware of the case or the facts, but something else popped into my head.

Every time I read something negative about a former NFL star, I immediately think of the movie "Concussion" (with Will Smith). I wonder if they have brain damage, personality changes, etc. etc.

Not in any way trying to justify what he did, only trying to understand "why" so many professional athletes seem to go astray with their lives. Sad but interesting.
S&F
jacy

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl
Cuncussion is a movie I think that a lot of laughs and should have been watch a little more closely.

I understand that you are not justifying what he did, but you have to ask...

I really think a lot of the athletes that donate their brains. I think this happens way more than people realize.

It cannot be good to get repeated hits to the head. Yes, that is a subject that needs much more investigation.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Thank you.
I actually have a friend and neighbour who has had 3 concussions. They have changed her dramatically, and she is aware of that.
I understand that a lot of the brain diagnoses can only be completed after death, and that it's still difficult to see/know what a couple of concussions can to do a person.
I can't even imagine what hundreds or even thousands of blows to the head would do. (A lot, I suspect)

My own daughter has had 2 or 3 concussions, and not that long ago started having seizures. (Too painful to get into here, but she is an identical twin who now has been diagnosed with Epilepsy at the age of 28.)
I guess I have a personal interest in this topic.
jacy

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
My sister was in a car wreck when she was in highschool. Flipped a jeep but it was a freaky accident, no one hurt. Just bumps and bruises. Fast forward 20 years, she now has seizures and they think it is all related to the head injury from that wreck.

The brain is an amazing little piece of equipment but we really don't understand it at all!

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I think because some of them grew
up in the ghetto. Thug/street life was all they knew. Not to mention the brain is not fully developed til they are 25 or older. Head injuries can also be a problem.

Aaron also lost his father at 16, which had to be very traumatic. From what I read his mother remarried to an abusive psycho. So he had loss, followed by more trauma.

My son used to idolize Hernandez, which used to infuriate me. The owner of the Patriots actually got rid of all Hernandez shirts from the pro-shop.

I now feel sorry for Aaron Hernandez, he lost his father and had a very traumatic childhood; he could have had a great life. Now his child has no dad. Just sad really

I also feel sad for his victims and their families

edit on 19-4-2017 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

Hi Marty!
As I'm reading this I feel like I'm not very aware of the case or the facts, but something else popped into my head.

Every time I read something negative about a former NFL star, I immediately think of the movie "Concussion" (with Will Smith). I wonder if they have brain damage, personality changes, etc. etc.

Not in any way trying to justify what he did, only trying to understand "why" so many professional athletes seem to go astray with their lives. Sad but interesting.
S&F
jacy

The players usually getting CTE play for years. Hernandez was still pretty young and new in his career. The reason many of these young players go astray is because they never leave the Hood behind (or grow up enough) and fall into millions of dollars. They are immature kids with unlimited amounts of cash. They make bad decisions. But, in Hernandez' case... he was just a plain old psychopath from the word go!

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

Thank you, KTemplar...I wasn't aware of his history.
I agree with what you wrote, it all makes sense to me. (My partner lost his oldest brother to ALS, then months later his father passed away from a brain tumour. My hubby was 13 and is indeed traumatized from his loss.)

Rezlooper...Yes, it's true that many people can't leave their old ways (the 'hood) behind. That way of life is all you know for so many years, then suddenly you can have anything you want.

I'm sorry if this is a little off topic, but to me it all relates. There are always reasons behind a person's behaviour and I'm very interested in brain damage as there are people in my life who are dealing with related issues.
Thank you all for responding.
jacy

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
At least now we don't have to pay room and board for another lifer, eh?

Life in prison is such a stupid punishment. All it does is increase the burden on the rest of us.

Put them to work!

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Just saved the state some long term money.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Sad to hear.

It's never a good thing when someone decides to end their own life.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Sad.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join