It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First evidence for higher state of consciousness found

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Behold Doc Ellis, professional baseball player, whom messed up and dosed on a gameday, got drug to the game anyways... and pitched a no hitter!

On that day he redefined being "in the zone".

edit on 19-4-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Steve Jobs

THINK DIFFERENT!

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

"Thrusting the spear point of accuracy"...? Why don't you go thrust somewhere else...

Haha man I couldn't help it...you sir are above average in everything....clearly.

Jokes aside, this is controversial stuff and your comments are what I would expect from most, without the thrusting...

Drugs can fry your brain, this much is clear. I'm happy to have lightly experimented in the psychedelics for my own personal development....

However, I have a hard time thinking how someone could quantify those experiences.

The brain is still very much a "black box" and I wonder if it will be anything more than that in my lifetime.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: vinifalou

So...

To clarify, the state that has been recorded by the operators of the experiment, is one of increased neurological activity, but not necessarily useful activity. The article segment you posted, states that this activity is less integrated than normal consciousness. This suggests that while there is more activity, less of it is under any form of either control, or for that matter, achieving any positive outcome, aside from providing the user with "a trip".

When someone refers to a higher state of consciousness, one must be certain that what one means by that, is a state of consciousness where greater neurological resources than normal are available to the user in a useful fashion, not simply that there is more activity in general.

Q: What do you think "the trip" is?!?!?!?

A: A higher state of consciousness.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Medicine men living in rain forests around the world have to find remedies and cures for the people that they treat. They find these cures in a forest that may have hundreds of thousands of plant species per square mile.. As well, a lot of these plants need to be dried, crushed, boiled, mixed together etc in order to be effective.. The odds of finding a cure for anything in this type of environment are extremely low to the point of being impossible.. A good many drugs that are available today have their roots tied to native medicines..

When asked how they find cures, a good many healers from these places have said that they are given the cures from the plants themselves, spirits, or the forest.. But in many cases the healer takes some sort of hallucinogenic plant in order to get to a mental state where he is open to getting the knowledge he seeks..

In some ways this idea could be understood as a form of enlightenment, or higher consciousness.. One that is open to or connected to the world around us in a more communicative, understanding way.. Although it is hard for someone to share their experiences after taking hallucinagenics, one of the common themes is a heightened understanding or connection to the environment.

The article makes me think of this process, as it is in a way a form of measurably heightened state of conscious in my opinion..
edit on 19-4-2017 by Quauhtli because: ...

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
OP, I think this was reported before under a different headline. ?? not sure but I am pretty certain I have read this exact same report/article last year. Could have been just the "K__ treats depression" and the whole study mentioned.

MedicalXpress is like TechXpress and similar services where an article is distributed to "technical" websites that re-publishes their "release" word for word.

Here is another MedicalXpress article: Test trial suggests hallucinogenic concoction ayahuasca provides relief from depression.

Sounds really cool! Right? Then read, "test trial suggests," and the "YAY hippy" feeling goes away. Then read down, and they have an abstract to bioRxiv (the analog to arXiv for science and math articles) which means this could be "politely ignored" so real help never happens.

Some CNN doctor travelled to Brazil and said the same thing on the "special report" aired last year about ayahuasca. 60 Minutes did a story on magic mushrooms and cluster headaches. At least there is a discussion happening on these substances having real medicinal value.

So "higher" consciousness indeed! And thanks for keeping the discussion going!
edit on 19-4-2017 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: stoopid autocorrect

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I wonder,
do people who take psychedelics and interact
with entities report the same type of entities?
I don't know as a i have not par' took...

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: UnderKingsPeak

I've read many online "trip reports" for various things. The one that your brain produces when you sleep (dream) that one is the main one people talk about seeing 'actual' aliens and cartoon characters. Of course that one has a couple dozens flavors, and for each person each go at it could be quite different. Then there's another one that's sounds the same on paper, but no matter how many people you could ask isn't at all the same really; which isn't actually illegal but I still wont say the name. Feeling the presence of the shamans (amongst many other outcomes from go to go) is very possible. And then there's dozens of other 'flavors' altogether, that are known so far (hundreds actually). And then there's the lists of things like the one 'ravers' dig which aren't technically in the category, yet still facilitate "higher forms of consciousness"; and by that we're not even remotely talking about like when cannabis folks say "getting high".

This stuff can get complicated even for adepts to put into proper terms for other adepts to be able to appreciate.

It goes beyond human language, and that's why you cant be told you can only see for yourself, like staring at the night sky with the blind eye versus watching Hubble zoom back in time billions of lightyears.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: UnderKingsPeak

I personally know of a whole sub-culture of people, who literally believe they are able to interact with aliens/spirits from other planets/dimentions by using ayahuasca.

imo, ayahuasca heads are the most arrogant self righteous (and probably delusional) people on the face of the earth, worse than even hardcore right wing fanatical christians. No offence.... thats just my personal experience.

psychedelics are just a bit of moderate fun, which probably have some amazing medical properties... But as usual, the bad apples spoil the bunch. People in general don't possess the competence or sense of moderation it takes to just have some light hearted fun and take it with a grain of salt.... imo.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

So, you can't come up with anything subjective that was facilitated by taking mind altering drugs, right?

I can't speak any more to it, here, but Joe Rogan can ala when humans dream:

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
That was fantastic information I really appreciate the
effort to explain it so well.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa
I read breaking open the head by pinchbeck I think ?
And yeah I can totally see where the ayahuasca crowd
could sound very pretentious. Y'all have helped clear a lot up
for me. Thank you ! If I ran into the same creature a friend of mine
did I think that would freak me out a bit haha ..

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

I will most definitely be reading this article tonight. Very interesting stuff.

I wonder there they find the people to help with the testing

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

(post by booyakasha removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: SlowNail
So, when you're tripping, your brain goes into overdrive?

Or bits of it become uninhibited and just sort of flail around, because the activity is now uncoordinated.

Or in simpler terms, the noodle is making like Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man busting a move -- not quite the Macarena, meets electroshock therapy, but close.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Reading some of these replies, I'm picturing some hippie goofball: "You can't even IMAGINE what its like, duuuude. You can't even understand, duuude."

If you think you absolutely NEED a drug to reach enlightenment, you're already on the wrong path IMO, and you're actually steering yourself away from true "higher-consciousness." There's nothing more insufferable than some guy who's tripped a few times and thinks he's attained some profound truth that the rest of us just couldn't "understand." To me, that sort of attitude is pretty unenlightened and equates to philosophical suicide. The whole point of philosophy is to try and relay the knowledge you've gained to others, so that they can also benefit. Could any of you imagine Plato or Buddha walking around mumbling about how "you guys just can't understand, maaaan"? That's just absurd. If you can't "put into words" these so-called profound truths you've experienced, then shut your damn mouth and let the real philosophers speak.

Make no mistake though, I think these substances can be very beneficial on the path-- in fact I know first-hand that they are. But these are only tools, stepping stones so to speak. There comes a time when you have to mature past the point of needing these things. I've induced what you might call "altered states" without ingesting any mind-altering substances, and the most intense experience I've ever had was when I was stone-cold sober.

edit on 19-4-2017 by Talorc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Great thanks for sharing.

“Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing. They open you up to the possibility that everything you know is wrong.” ― Terence McKenna

Source

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Talorc
Reading some of these replies, I'm picturing some hippie goofball: "You can't even IMAGINE what its like, duuuude. You can't even understand, duuude."

If you think you absolutely NEED a drug to reach enlightenment, you're already on the wrong path IMO, and you're actually steering yourself away from true "higher-consciousness."

Who said you NEED such for 'reaching enlightenment'? It's not like I was the OP, and for months set about constructing a massive book of a piece, that covered everything.

People ignorant to the field were saying 'no o way its just scattershot noise no way, no higher levels of consciousness to be found here'.

I was merely responding to such in narrow and direct terms.

When the REALITY is if you're not at all familiar with such and such then you're simply not equipped to even hardly discuss the phenomena, let alone critic and attempt to debunk such notions.

Imagine, if you will, the time period is in the early 1900's. The location is in the Mississippi. There's plenty of fancy mathematics already established at this time, but not exactly everyone has had a real education in such (especially by todays standards). And there's this guy, his name is Bob. Bob he's a smart guy. Not exactly a genius, but smart and respected for it amongst his peers. He knows a lot of stuff, for his age place and era. He was born with good DNA smarts wise, had a nurturing and stimulating home. Between genetics, nature and nurture he cant complain. He grew up on the family farm, and enjoys it. He can work on the farm equipment, grow and harvest the plants as good as anyone he knows. He's pretty good at stuff he sets about doing, and he even likes to read. There are some decent books around the home, but it's not like he's super educated. He learned basic arithmetic at the town school. He even enjoyed it. He's smart enough to be a decent artist, although he was really born more with an 'engineers brain' if anything. Life on the farm was always a busy one, so it's not like he sat around just brainstorming all day. While the winters were mild, it was still a busy life all year round. No sitting dormant all winter bored and stircrazy. Bob enjoys the occasional trip to the big cities, when he can. One year, on a trip to visit relatives in New Jersey, an odd opportunity came about where he had a chance to go check out Princeton University. He had never been to an ivy league university before, so he was very excited. Back on the farm he had already read some good books on various subjects like Darwinism, and even a little psychology. But he never did have a treatise on algebra or physics. Although he had heard of one Albert Einstein, he had never seen any books or papers written by him. Upon arriving at Princeton, he knew the big show was to visit Einstein's laboratory. The month was April, and Einstein was late into the courses he was teaching that year, for the year. When Bob found Einstein's class he was late into lecture, on Advanced Relativity. The board was filled with symbols and formulas that Bob could see, but didn't have the foggiest what to do about any of it. Soon after Einstein's lecture was over. Bob's head was spinning. It just so happened Einstein was on his way to his lab, and he noticed Bob. He took a liking to Bob, and took Bob for a tour of his lab. Einstein's lab was a marvelous spectacle, that even Nikola Tesla would be impressed with. All around were machines and equipment, all sorts of crazy experiments that ob had never seen anything of the like before.
Where Bob had went and what he had seen, nobody in town could hardly imagine what he tried to describe to the locals when he finally made it home.

END STORY.

Now that "...." part there, that's the part where the plot can go two different ways. The first is Bob had only gotten the dime tour for the day, and was dazzled. Like if you went to an art museum loaded with surreal art. The other story goes, Bob was able to spend the entire next 12 months working as Einstein's student apprentice. Like if you were to over the course of a decade or more as a true Psychonaut, a not backwards yet still not advanced 'natural engineer', evolved into a true surreal artist.

Which Bob are you?

The great unrecognized tyranny of our era is that the masses have been absolutely denied psychonautical tools. Instead they give us us the tools of cancer with brutally addictive booze and cigarettes (and never mind how the CIA imports all the abysmally destructive hardcore drugs, and put people in prison for them).

edit on 20-4-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Talorc

Another way to put it is, imagine it's the 1950's and color TV is extremely rare. Even color films are uncommon. There's some decent scifi films at the local matinee, though. The concept of "robots" isn't entirely alien to most city folk. Synth music basically doesn't exist yet in any form. The only 'video' you've ever seen is in the standard format found in tv sitcom's and films of the era. Middle Eastern conflicts are hardly even a global issue 'right now', and fresh out of WW2, America truly still is the 'good guy' on the global stage...

And then you're pulled into the dark basement of the local theater and got sucked into to watching this on repeat for 6 hours:

The way that experience would affect you, not inherently "finding enlightenment", but damn how culd you even describe it to your buddies afterwards? If someone tried to describe it to you, how could you possibly 'get it'???

Note that I made that over a decade ago, and wasn't tripping at all any time before or after when I did, forever. Yet it's a perfect illustration given that pretext I just defined.
edit on 20-4-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join