It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witches Explain How To Take On Political Power With Occult Magic

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   
SOURCE

I'm thinking maybe this should be in the joke forum, but I'll put it here for good measure:

Although witchcraft has been gaining popularity among millennials for years, the 2016 presidential election has led to an increased interest in the occult as an alternative means of harnessing power for those disenfranchised and disenchanted with the established pathways toward empowerment. “It’s a way to be spiritual and feel connected to things that are larger without being bogged down in the dogma of a specific religion,” said Ana Matronic, a member of the band Scissor Sisters and a founder of Witches Against Fascist Totalitarianism, or WAFT, for short.

Funny, I thought TBTB were already occultists hell bent on a new world order, utilizing symbolism and language as a form of mental subversion. And now some wannabe hipster witches want to to turn the tides of partisan politics with a few gimmicky spells?

As a kid, Matronic was drawn toward the darker characters that pop culture had to offer. Her favorite puppet on “Sesame Street,” for example, was The Count, and while watching “Sleeping Beauty,” she was most concerned about the well-being of Maleficent. In part because her mother was a horror buff herself, Matronic always felt more comfortable around images and stories that elicited goose bumps rather than butterflies. “I was born a witch,” she said. “Things that were normally sort of scary or dark reminded me of home.”

She sounds like the next Helena Blavatksy, no? I definitely wouldn't want to be her political opponent.

Pre-election, Matronic’s occult practices centered around Tarot cards, meditation and what she dubbed “wizard parties” ― costume parties with a mystical bent. Under President Trump, however, the itinerary has changed a bit.

It gets better:

By far the most publicized spell designed to thwart Trump’s agenda is called a binding spell ― meant to prevent an individual or an energy from causing harm. Witches around the nation organized, with help from the mystical powers of Facebook, to conduct a mass binding spell on Feb. 24 and every subsequent waning crescent moon. Fox News even cheekily speculated the spell was responsible for the failure of Trump’s Health Care Act. There’s a somewhat cheesy recipe for the binding spell floating around the internet, involving a shriveled Cheeto (or baby carrot) and an unflattering photo of Trump.

"Poppets made by group participants to bind the Spirit of the Trump Administration. Image by Oracle of Los Angeles, 2017. Liberty crown and wands by Krystal Chang."

But the spells and poppets aren't enough, witches are encouraged to become proactive with their education and their community.

As part of the magical procedure, each participant also establishes a specific, non-magical action she plans to take following the ritual, that will in some way contribute to the spell’s larger goals of empowerment and compassion. One witch committed to canvassing in conservative districts in anticipation of the 2018 election, another promised to educate herself more rigorously on the procedures of local government. “Part of the process of witchcraft is finding our power,” Yates Garcia said, “seeing where we can apply our energy and agency in order to make change.”

Maybe they should educate themselves more rigorously on the procedures of science.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:12 AM
link   
So they only specifically targeted Trump for "binding"? So they're saying they have no problem at all if Hillary, Obama, Kim Jong, etc cause harm to others, just as long as Trump has his hands tied from doing any harm and is only allowed to do good.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   
..... and I thought this would be Hillary's autobiography !
... maybe she wrote the foreword ?

S'n'f

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Bit creepy, they are using their powers to bring about their own selfish desires.
They don't care what others want, they just care about what they can get

Well, it seems their craft of spells bobbins was useless in the end

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Where is joke? It would be nice there were some. I am so bored.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Dis they round up their friends and queue up "the craft" as a documentary?

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
unless they are binding the negative influences that might be interacting with trump, they are trying to perform dark magic.. which, more than likely if they are even moderately successful, will come back and bite them in the arse..
but, maybe the actions they take after they do the spell with produce some positive results.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Don't laugh. Research what witches were doing during WWII.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

I think this can go into the column of "more reasons not to believe in witches".

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Interesting stuff and not quite as insane as you may think.

Science aside the power of thought has its merits, whether you believe it or not.

Someone above mentioned the person as being selfish for casting it....but you're okay with politicians manipulating and bending your will for their own selfish ends?

At first glance it may look like something to scoff about, I would say remain with a healthy scepticism but don't take anything off the table.

edit on 192017WednesdayamWed, 19 Apr 2017 07:42:19 -05007America/Chicago192017 by solargeddon because: (no reason given)

edit on 402017WednesdayamWed, 19 Apr 2017 07:42:40 -05007America/Chicago192017 by solargeddon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Considering his batting average with his EO being tied up in court and expiring. And the health care that should have easily passed with his advantage in the house and Senate, the wall coming in at 17 billion that congress WILL NEVER APPROVE, Tax reform on hold til health care can get knocked out, and a government shut down on the near horizon I'd say the spell has been a resounding success.
I mean what more indication do you need.

I myself have a trump poppet. A trumpet if you will and I slap it's orange face any time he does something stupid.
I'm guilty of poppet abuse at this point.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: solargeddon

Yes.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Really?

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Maybe they should have used their"Spells"last election day?

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I only have one single thing to say about witches.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

And again I say ...Really?
Because it sure looks like it's working to me. LOL

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Hahaha, they realized their protests weren't making a difference so they bust out the big guns. Love it!

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

You have a point.
Too late now.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Heavy on the gimmickery.

A carrot or shriveled cheeto somehow recognized by the eternal powers of nature and the stars as Trump?

I didnt realize the mystical realms were twitter meme fans

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: swedy13

And again...Really?

Protests worked with his travel ban didn't it?
What has he accomplished aside from dropping bombs without congressional approval?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join