It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misquoting Jesus in the Bible

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

He preserved them in one English version only and he did not so much through manuscripts but through Holy men via inspiration and prayerful study

SO the manuscripts don't matter but the inspired revelation of the writers does...hey its your life...you can beleive whatever false doctrines you choose...just dont expect anyone else to be on the same page.

my point still stands

You don't make sense

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Raggedyman

Theres a whole lot of difference in using windows to accomplish some tasks with errors and using the Bible that cannot even be considered anything other than a corrupt set of 2nd hand news

Wow, the bible pushes your buttons doesn't it constructy
Please don't believe it if you so choose

You should think about why and deal with it, seems you have a few issues

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   

He preserved them in one English version only and he did not so much through manuscripts but through Holy men via inspiration and prayerful study

SO the manuscripts don't matter but the inspired revelation of the writers does...hey its your life...you can beleive whatever false doctrines you choose...just dont expect anyone else to be on the same page.

my point still stands

You don't make sense

Are you talking for everyone contruky, how can you do that
How can you know that
How can you be so special

We can believe what we want, we can say it's inspired and faultless or inspired and contains faults
You can say whatever you like, you simply know as much as us, very little

Fundamentalists like you are everywhere

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Sounds like You are in love with a book of words over Christ

These are your words...I have no issues....you deal with it...

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

He responded to me and I responded back....do you even comprehend English...and you call me a fundamentalist?
Fundamentalist in what?

You make as much sense as when you ask question of evolution in other threads = that is, zero sense

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

He responded to me and I responded back....do you even comprehend English...and you call me a fundamentalist?
Fundamentalist in what?

You make as much sense as when you ask question of evolution in other threads = that is, zero sense

A fundamentalist is someone who thinks what they know is the truth and they force their version on others
That's how I read a you

You are so arrogant and self righteous, I despise that in christians, never mind others

Brow beating those you feel superior to

and then to big note yourself, you bring up,evolution
Well big boy, bring the empirical evidence, tee hee hee

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   

I never made any claims to truth, I'm not even religious...here's the definition of fundamentalism, force isn't mentioned. At least get your words right

wiki

a form of a religion, especially Islam or Protestant Christianity, that upholds belief in the strict, literal interpretation of scripture.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I never made any claims to truth, I'm not even religious...here's the definition of fundamentalism, force isn't mentioned. At least get your words right

wiki

a form of a religion, especially Islam or Protestant Christianity, that upholds belief in the strict, literal interpretation of scripture.

you certainly are a fundie, make no mistake about that

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

And how exactly have you tested it? Cuz what you're saying doesn't sound objective at all. The heptameter is a self auditing system, cross-referencing key words in Hebrew and Greek. It shows how the Word is an actual network of knowledge. It is Sepher Torah (count the Law) applied. Why hold on to second hand knowledge, when we have the resources and knowledge to vet the manuscripts to restore the original Word of God? Like separating wheat from tares. In this age of information, it is only fitting that God show us how to refine the existing manuscripts, working out the impurities, to bring forth the original Word once again. The AV was for the generations that lacked knowledge, capacity for knowledge, and advanced technology. This generation is unlike any other since the flood, God has empowered us, and we have an opportunity like no other.

You mentioned "to bring forth the original Word once again." That intrigued me. Not meaning to argue or be mean spirited, if you will, let me ask you a question.

What do you think of the evidence presented by some scholars as well as professors of religion that the Gospels as well as other NT literature was originally penned in Hebrew/Aramaic and copied to Greek? Not committing myself to this evidence without more research on the subject but only to expose the possibility. Could Titus and Hadrian have been so thorough in their destruction of the Hebrew literature that this became hidden from mankind?

I am not convinced or do I hold true to the teachings of so many today that Greek was the ever so practiced language of the days of Jesus in the Hebrew realm. I realize that is what is taught but then after looking at the Dead Sea Scrolls I see that out of those 981 MSS that over 70 % were in Hebrew and the other 30 % were in the Aramaic, Nabataean languages with only a few in Greek. The dates of these MSS were 150 bce to 70 ce. Those dates are well inclusive of the era of Jesus
but do not reflect the idea that Greek was the majority in religion.

The same can be said of the Jerusalem Temple language and even in the liturgy of the first Synagogue of James where Greek was neither allowed nor tolerated. So in that light, I am not convinced that the literature of the NT was as is shown to be Greek. In reading The Acts Of The Apostles I cannot understand why Luke would pen the Hebrews history in Greek and be committed to being of the Hebrew people. That makes no sense to me whatsoever. I can understand why the apostles would have scribes to send letters to various churches in their own languages but not among themselves.
Do you have any thoughts on this?

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

I think the NT is all Koine Greek blended with small portions of text that utilizes Attic style. My reasoning for this is the OT Hebrew heptameter. Every book in the Greek NT uses the same metering style as that of the OT. I left a link in my first post.

I have not looked into the Aramaic NT claims, but I have tested both OT and NT for heptameter, and it is definitely present in both.
edit on 24-4-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: (no reason given)

Additionally, Jesus took the stewardship of the Word from Israel and gave it to the Gentiles, so why not write the NT (especially the recap of Hebrew history) in the most prevalent gentile language?
edit on 24-4-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

wiki

See a fundy is basically anyone who dares question or disagree with Mr Raggadyman...

they fall into many categories... Atheists... those that believe in or understand evolution, those that are well read in religion in general, but especially those that fall outside of Christianity

Just like people like myself who are well read in Gnostic material are obviously Gnostics

which technically makes me a Christian/buddhist/hindu/gnostic....lmao!

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

ContruK, if God says he is going to preserve his words then the way he does it is through inspiration because there are no Originals for them to translate from, or to correct the copies they had. God is powerful to do it and add some just like he did in Jeremiah after the king burned the scroll. God re-inspired the words he originally spoke to Jeremiah and added even more words after that.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

yeah and you have an English Bible with all the verses and you search it out by reading it and studying it. Just with the AV you have all the verses in it. No need to go to copies of his word in dead languages that cannot be verified to be correct. Just read it, study it, and believe it.

The Bible doesn't tell us we need to go back to original dead languages to seek it out, it says so in English. Because he preserved it to this generation in English all you have to do is get the one that is the preserved word of God.

Do you not believe God's word in Ps 12:6, 7? If not Why?

If you do then it is you job to SEEK out which of the 350 plus English versions are the preserved one for this generation. Once you find it then seek out God's will for you. How to live in this current world, how to treat fellow believers and the unsaved, How to lead your family and so on and so forth. For me it will be a life time of study and reading the AV and applying to my life. The AV was not my first bible, in the NKJV I found the verse in Psalm 12 which said he will preserve his words to every generation forever. I began that search in 2002, it was in 2004 I was given a AV and as I went through it and compared it to all the other versions I have at my disposal the the one think that stood out was the fact it was the only Bible with ALL the verses, Phrases and words in it. Later other things stood out.
edit on 24-4-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

ContruK, if God says he is going to preserve his words then the way he does it is through inspiration because there are no Originals for them to translate from, or to correct the copies they had. God is powerful to do it and add some just like he did in Jeremiah after the king burned the scroll. God re-inspired the words he originally spoke to Jeremiah and added even more words after that.

you know the LDS church has a similar story... Something along the lines of... Someone took the original texts he wrote out using his magic hat and the seer stones, then asked him to re-translate what was on the tablets he apparently found.

"god" added more to the text this time around... and said translation wasn't quite the same as it was before hand

Sounds a bit fishy wouldn't you say?

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I'll quote Psalm 12:6-7 in the AV for you.

The words of the Lord are pure words:
as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

Thou shalt keep them, O Lord,
thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

The words in the AV are NOT the Words of the Lord. The words in all other translations are NOT the Words of the Lord. The Words of the Lord in Psalm 12:6-7 are as followed:

6אִֽמֲרֹ֣ות יְהוָה֮ אֲמָרֹ֪ות טְהֹ֫רֹ֥ות כֶּ֣סֶף צָ֭רוּף בַּעֲלִ֣יל לָאָ֑רֶץ מְ֝זֻקָּ֗ק שִׁבְעָתָֽיִם׃

7אַתָּֽה־יְהוָ֥ה תִּשְׁמְרֵ֑ם תִּצְּרֶ֓נּוּ ׀ מִן־הַדֹּ֖ור ז֣וּ לְעֹולָֽם׃

There are too many elements found in the ancient languages that cannot be 100%. I want you to actually think about this for a second. The original Law given to Moses was written 3,417 years ago. That Law has survived in oral tradition and copying to present. The AV used Daniel Bomberg's Hebrew Pentateuch and Mikraot Gdolot, which was in line with the Masoretic traditions. It was the Masoretic text that was the OT Word of God, not the English TRANSLATION of the Masoretic text. All translations are second hand data at best.

So, the original Word is purified like silver, not the second hand translations. There is a way to draw out the purified Word again by counting the Hebrew Heptameter. In fact, stay tuned, because I will show you exactly what I mean.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

whatever you say

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
dp
edit on 24-4-2017 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

He's also good at ignoring the definition of fundamentalism that he ascribed to me

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Psalm 12 in Hebrew Heptameter (parsed syntactically).
[You can compare the Hebrew text to the translation and transliteration HERE.]

Verse 1a

לַמְנַצֵּ֥חַ עַֽל־הַשְּׁמִינִ֗ית מִזְמֹ֥ור לְדָוִֽד׃

14 Syllables (7x2)
AV Translation: "To the chief Musician upon Sheminith, A Psalm of David."

Verse 1b

הֹושִׁ֣יעָה יְ֭הוָה כִּי־גָמַ֣ר חָסִ֑יד כִּי־פַ֥סּוּ אֱ֝מוּנִ֗ים מִבְּנֵ֥י אָדָֽם׃

21 Syllables (7x3)
AV Translation: "Help, LORD; for the godly man ceaseth; for the faithful fail from among the children of men."

Verse 2-3

שָׁ֤וְא ׀ יְֽדַבְּרוּ֮ אִ֤ישׁ אֶת־רֵ֫עֵ֥הוּ שְׂפַ֥ת חֲלָקֹ֑ות בְּלֵ֖ב וָלֵ֣ב יְדַבֵּֽרוּ׃
יַכְרֵ֣ת יְ֭הוָה כָּל־שִׂפְתֵ֣י חֲלָקֹ֑ות לָ֝שֹׁ֗ון מְדַבֶּ֥רֶת גְּדֹלֹֽות׃

42 Syllables (7x6)
AV Translation: "They speak vanity every one with his neighbour: with flattering lips and with a double heart do they speak. The LORD shall cut off all flattering lips, and the tongue that speaketh proud things"

Verse 4-5a

אֲשֶׁ֤ר אָֽמְר֨וּ ׀ לִלְשֹׁנֵ֣נוּ נַ֭גְבִּיר שְׂפָתֵ֣ינוּ אִתָּ֑נוּ מִ֖י אָדֹ֣ון לָֽנוּ׃
מִשֹּׁ֥ד עֲנִיִּים֮ מֵאַנְקַ֪ת אֶבְיֹ֫ונִ֥ים עַתָּ֣ה אָ֭קוּם יֹאמַ֣ר יְהוָ֑ה

42 Syllables (7x6)
AV Translation: "Who have said, With our tongue will we prevail; our lips are our own: who is lord over us? For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now will I arise, saith the LORD"

Verse 5b-6

אָשִׁ֥ית בְּ֝יֵ֗שַׁע יָפִ֥יחַֽ לֹֽו׃
אִֽמֲרֹ֣ות יְהוָה֮ אֲמָרֹ֪ות טְהֹ֫רֹ֥ות כֶּ֣סֶף צָ֭רוּף בַּעֲלִ֣יל לָאָ֑רֶץ מְ֝זֻקָּ֗ק שִׁבְעָתָֽיִם׃

35 Syllables (7x5)
AV Translation: "I will set him in safety from him that puffeth at him. The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times."

Verse 7-8

אַתָּֽה־יְהוָ֥ה תִּשְׁמְרֵ֑ם תִּצְּרֶ֓נּוּ ׀ מִן־הַדֹּ֖ור ז֣וּ לְעֹולָֽם׃
סָבִ֗יב רְשָׁעִ֥ים יִתְהַלָּכ֑וּן כְּרֻ֥ם זֻ֝לּ֗וּת לִבְנֵ֥י אָדָֽם׃

35 Syllables (7x5)
AV Translation: "Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever. The wicked walk on every side, when the vilest men are exalted."

14+21+42+42+35+35=189 Total Syllables.

Pick any book in the OT. It is metered in Heptameter. Pick any NT book, the Heptameter is even more elaborate.

This does not exist in the AV or any other translation. This is a forgotten poetic style.

edit on 24-4-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: added note

edit on 24-4-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: added translations

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

God also allowed the Gnostic texts to survive -
God also allowed the twisting of the truth by St Paul to continue - or the RCC claims of St Peter being the founder of the Church. Not a god I'd put much trust in

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join