It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Nationalist Sues Trump for Inciting Him To Beat Up Protesters.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I'm no lawyer, so I couldn't speak to little nuances that could be legally used against Trump, but I wholeheartedly believe that no judge will ever take such a lawsuit seriously under what I know about the law (which is more than the average person, although not really in this particular type of case). If there is a judge who would take the case on, I'd be really interested to see that judge's legal history.

For your reading pleasure, from Wikipedia:

The letter of the law versus the spirit of the law is an idiomatic antithesis. When one obeys the letter of the law but not the spirit, one is obeying the literal interpretation of the words (the "letter") of the law, but not necessarily the intent of those who wrote the law. Conversely, when one obeys the spirit of the law but not the letter, one is doing what the authors of the law intended, though not necessarily adhering to the literal wording.

This is the problem that arises concerning legal interpretation of laws that are poorly worded, like the 2nd Amendment--we know was the spirit of that law meant, as we have it documented by those who authored it, but the various interpretation of the letter of the law causes problems.

I'm not certain what the "spirit of the law" has to do in this case with Trump, though.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

The Trump jokes really do write themselves.

Priceless.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

edit on 4/19/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: ack wrong thread sorry. carry on talking amongst yourselves. Good thread.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Does this mean I can go to a BLM rally with an alllivesmatter shirt, resist being kicked out, and then when they use force I can sue them?

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Simplest analysis? This guy was a plant from the opposition, claiming to be a Trump supporter, and (of course) a racist, and attacking anti-Trump people. Now, he's showing his hand, basically admitting he's with the other side, pretending to be for Trump and also blaming Trump, for his own actions.

The whole case is a disinformation scheme. I hope the judge is smart enough to see through the BS.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
Does this mean I can go to a BLM rally with an alllivesmatter shirt, resist being kicked out, and then when they use force I can sue them?

Using the logic of this guy suing Trump, you bet you can!

Before you do that, though, you should probably go into your local police department screaming "F**k tha police!" until they remove you from the building, then sue them. That'll give you the lawsuit experience you need to really stick it to BLM

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

originally posted by: jellyrev

Using the logic of this guy suing Trump, you bet you can!

Before you do that, though, you should probably go into your local police department screaming "F**k tha police!" until they remove you from the building, then sue them. That'll give you the lawsuit experience you need to really stick it to BLM

Yeah do that only if you are "White" and appears to have mad connects, Black and liter shade of Brown folks knows better...and yes the police knows exactly who to fkwith.
edit on 20-4-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
Yeah do that only if you are "White" and appears to have mad connects, Black and liter shade of Brown folks knows better...and yes the police knows exactly who to fkwith.

Good god man...it was sarcasm.

Sar.

Casm.

No person should ever do that, no matter their skin color (actions matter, not skin color), as it's akin to wrapping one's self in raw meat and walking into a lion's den.

Let's not turn this thread into a lesson on racial asininity--why even start pulling the race card all of a sudden (it's a derailment of your own thread)? Again, I was being sarcastic to Jellyrev.

Sar.

Cas.

Tic.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Well Trump did say during the campaign he'd pay for the lawsuits.

Good point. Why would Trump have said that if he in no way was inciting violence? Isn't this more likely a case of, 'Hey, if you beat the snot out of that guy I'll cover the lawsuit'? It would seem to me that the only reason Trump would make that statement is if he KNEW at the time there was a potential legal liability.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join