It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Reason for Faith in Jesus Christ

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

From the Somg Letter From a Concerned Follower

And I hear that you don't change How to you expect to keep up with the trends?
You won't survive the information age Unless you plan to change the truth To accommodate the brilliance of men, the brilliance of men

Some folks think we're better now Social evolution's new synthetic will
Will keep us on a straighter path As better men use brand new math
With no wrong answers

I'm just a little bit worried Do you have some sort of plan?
Have you been finally defeated By the cunning of these fully evolved men?

I see the irony and sarcasm in this song, knowing he his writing to an unchanging omniscient God.

I post this because I asked the question he does and you do.

If God changes for you then God has no power over you but you have power over God. Convenient for you. Perhapse your logic is accommodating your pride.

Jesus was brilliant, plowing through logic of men and changed the world through the heart of humanity. If God is to reveal himself to you it's not going to be in your head. He works from the inside out.

edit on 8-9-2017 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Observationalist

God doesn't need to "change" to update his message. It is just a simple fact that the life problems that plagued people during the beginning of the Roman Empire are different than the ones that plague us now. The only advice that Jesus can give these days that is relevant is vague and can apply to a great many situations.

There is no logical reason that religion should be able to cost on knowledge obtained 2000 years ago. Especially when it can be proven that the bible is factually incorrect in places. At least update the Bible to reflect reality.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

See here's the thing. Jesus, if he existed, lived 2000 years ago. That is many many generations removed from me. When is god going to update his image for the modern world? It's really hard to relate today's problems to the problems of a carpenter's son who lived at the beginning of the Roman Empire.

Jesus was dealing with oppression of his people by a corrupt establishment, where the "elite" of his day, were in collusion with a domination system. In fact, much of the historical narrative of the Bible deals with the very same issues, over and over again, all the way to the enslavement of the Israelites in Egypt. God and his little people vs. a Satanic world system.

But he really thought it through, from every angle and perspective, he and John the Baptist both.

His cause was Liberty and Justice for all, and he was willing take a stand in the face of evil at all levels, and my oh my did he ever deal them a hard lesson in an unbreakable bind and hoodwink capable of robbing the devil (which manifests in a systemic evil) blind, while holding in reserve and preserving everything that's worthwhile in the resurrected life.

He got the last laugh on behalf of the little man, of you, and me, and he shares it with us, don't you see, or, why can't you see?

It's a timeless, spaceless, universal principal, and as something that happened, it can never be undone.

One has to dive into the reasoning and the rationale to really appreciate it and to sympathize with Jesus and how he handled the fundamental predicament of the problem of human evil at all levels.

"Behold woman (look mom), I make all things new!" (to his mother while carrying the cross).

Do you understand principals that require immense courage to uphold what is righteous and just? The only difference with Jesus is that he (and John) saw them coming from miles and miles and even years away, yet they never saw him coming for the life of themselves, and even when he was in their midst, still refused to try to see things from his POV until it was too late and he'd already placed the double-bind by THEIR own hand, and perpetrated a hoodwink on them that fell entirely within their blind spot because isn't the devil among us and within us, not blind as a bat?

It's relevant alright. You betcha. And, here's the thing. It can work wonders. It's effective. Powerful.

"So be of good cheer, for I have overcome the world!" Ha HA!

We are all of us weighted down by the worries of the world and are oppressed at varying levels, and our souls can become weary and heavy laden.

We don't just need salvation from ourselves, but a type of reasonable and rational, and spiritual (with authority and power), protection, from various forms of evil, even evil among powers and principalities of this world or even others (in the heavens).

Jesus, because of what he's done, is our shield and our protection, our immovable rock and foundation stone, and whether it was yesterday or a mere 63 generations ago or 2000 rounds of the sun, it makes no difference if all the same principals still apply.

Instead of an eat or be eaten predation, it's "here, eat of me instead."

He's got our back.

We won.

Join the party in celebration of a triumph! Jesus is there. And I am there too.

I'm not suggesting that you simply accept anything I am saying without also entering onto the testing ground where we are tested as much as we might wish to test. But it's frightening and dangerous business. Measure the cost of discipleship.

It all comes down to one's own personal spiritual and psychological experience. This is the whole basis for the "argument" I'm making.

In consideration of the POV I'm offering, I find that it lights up the world, both without and within, or from within.

We are in the world but not entirely of it as sacred beings and as children of a God of light and love.

But neither is it to have one's head in the clouds because of it's imminent practicality where the rubber, or the sandals, meet the road.

He overcame the world system so that we could have an access point to life to the full, even to overflowing and to everlasting life.

Only God could do this great work and wonder in our midst to show us the way, and he was also a human being, a brother, and a true friend, where we're all related in what I call the "relativity of human being".

As to Jesus alive now, what you don't think his spirit lives on? You don't think this POV is a valid frame of reference? Not relevant to our modern time?

Ok, now let us look around at our world, and lo and behold isn't the kingdom of heaven still at hand; the field ripe for the harvest, yet with the workers so few in number? Aren't the blind still leading the blind into a ditch? Are not the rich and powerful scheming of ways to oppress the people through all manner of overt and covert forms of manipulation and skullduggery?

Dude, friend, neighbor - Jesus is on your side, and on my side. He's with me and I am with him. Doesn't mean I'm a saint, or who knows maybe I'm one in the making whereby "every sinner has a future, and every saint, a past" (Oscar Wilde), but what it means is that he is present wherever two or more are gathered or where there's an authentic conversation going on about His relevancy.

Why get rid of the hero who won it all for the sake of the little man, that's what I'd like to know..

edit on 8-9-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

"Every sinner has a future, and every saint, a past" (Oscar Wilde)" I like that. Might have to change my signature to that.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Hilarious! Especially the way you paraphrased it! LOL

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Appreciate your work. You're a strong voice for the Heavenly Father/Jesus Christ perspective. I have changed my practice in this direction and I feel have benefited. This has been bugging me for awhile not to give you credit.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Here's a neat video that demonstates thought, intention, music and prayer on water. Not sure how scientific it was, but it seems to parallel the quantum physics attention to light experiments.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Pain and suffering don't change too much. I'm sure fear, loneliness and oppression were relevant problems for people back then. I'm not buying that excuse.

This is not about logic this is about your heart. If you want an updated bible look up Joseph Smith.

Logic and science are tools not the cure. Philosophy and religion are tools not the cure. There should be a steady flow between.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: yughii

Well just so long as you were able to retain your sense of humor and joy, even have it restored, then count your blessings, because if there's one thing that I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy, it would be a loss of one's own sense of humor and capacity to laugh at themselves and at their own absurdity and ridiculousness. The joke is, after all, at everyone's expense.

Ah sigh, what a triumph!

Please don't credit me with anything. It was all the good Lord's doing.

Even then, all he appears to have been interested in was our shared glory. After all, if he sought nothing but his own glory then that, would be no glory at all (as he said).

Jesus was a very brilliant, cunning and a very very funny man, and God.

It's like a special secret that not even Christians are aware of, just how truly wonderful is our Lord God in Him with the Father.

They're a riot!

It's brilliant. We would never have considered it for the life of us. I'm with C.S. Lewis on this one, that it's just so far outside our normal human conceptions and judgements about things like good and evil and justice, so utterly alien to our own human reasoning, that it could be said to have the fingerprints of God all over it! That's funny.

All the best in your continued journey. Don't forget to have fun.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

All the best in your continued journey. Don't forget to have fun.

I shall do my best

edit on 8-9-2017 by yughii because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Within this whole context, I would like to ask people, myself included, to hereby consider this idea, an ancient one, that the first cause and the kingdom of heaven is within and then from within, without, ie: close at hand, as intimate and as dignifying as good clothing worn to a wedding celebration.

What does this mean? What does it signify?

Isn't it like the great catch of the ages, with everyone who's given the power and the authority, not because we were good, necessarily, but just cause God rolls in mysterious ways - all working the great net together from our boats, calling out to one another in ecstatic shouts of joy at the sheer magnitude of the catch itself, which also just so happens to be we ourselves as the last who are first, where the greatest among us is the servant of all ie: no one can brag about the size of the fish they caught. It is a net made of rope and chord of great strength and power, but it's also a gentle net of love.

The living water that is freely offered by the Spirit and the Bride (please now turn to the last page of your Bible and the happy ending), it's the living water of life that wells up from within, like an eternal wellspring of joy and everlasting satisfaction, and consolation (and thus, the capacity for humor), and here's the thing, it's both non-dualistic and NON-coercive. It's a compelling and well reasoned argument, which appeals to the truth that was already there, all along, and something that most of us intuited naturally and instinctually as children, until we left the child within to rot and forgot all about it, about this sense of novelty in wonderment and awe and in excitement and anticipation - looking forward with an ever brighter hope and optimism, and with true faith in better things as yet unseen but held in reserve as ever greater glories for all who have the capacity to love Him and to love one another, ourselves included, as He first loved us, even in spite of ourselves.

For me, this this truth of the Spirit who's voice I echo - it makes me want to cry over my own shortcomings, and my own sins, but lo and behold, in that broken place, isn't there also a hand that's capable of wiping away the tears from my eyes.

God can't do anything until we thus break, and I guess that's why it doesn't sell so well.. sadly.

We lack courage.

God knows this however, and is prepared to step in to encourage and to strengthen us, even in our own weaknesses, maybe even especially in those touchy places where we discover that "when you are sorrowful, you look again in your heart, you will see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight." (Kahlil Gibran).

Our own sins and attachments and addictions, they carry within themselves, within these wounds, the capacity for a healing wonder, and a miracle, even a resurrection of the authentic and freely and fully self-expressed PERSON that we were always meant to be and to become and to freely express.

What power is this?

So again, I'd like us all to consider that in the loving embrace of God's salvation or of the father at the return of the lost son or daughter, that we also might be said to become untouchables in a world gone mad, not unlike Neo when he discovers for the first time that he's no longer subject to the constraints of the matrix.

Once something is known it can't be unknown, and once the heart and mind changes its shape it cannot go back to its original configuration, and why would it want to?

The ultimate challenge posed by Christianity isn't "merely" how to accept a free gift of incalculable value for which there's nothing we can possible do to earn or deserve it or to repay it, but the courage to be truly happy once we do.

This is why we must never forget to have fun (good fun) with our newfound awareness and understanding of the nature of power and of OWNING the first cause in the formation of a more civil society and a better future for one and all until a global salvation, one person at a time.

For me, personally, it was a global salvation even if I were the only person to whom it might have applied. It's that great, that generous, that faithful, that it was intended for the lone individual journeyer and sufferer, as much as it was the larger society within which he or she is immersed. It's bottom up, emergent. One person at a time.

When you are chosen, then you will know, or come to know, that you stand as a type of Titan in the world, with Christ (even more powerful than the archangels), even if at one time you barely managed to hobble, a decrepit and maimed and wounded person to the Lord's table, having recognized the invitation when you saw it and heard the voice of the Bridegroom via His bride.

Let us consider the true domain of our power and influence in Christ, and if there are true enemies observing, stoic, stone-faced and humorless, let them watch as this table is prepared for you and me before their very eyes, and in the final analysis, F-'em if they just can't take it, that can't be our responsibility once the invitations have gone out first to the "elite" who had better things to do and attachments to be attached to, and then, and not without a little consternation, to the streets and the hedgerows.

A friend of mine likes to tell me that I'm a dangerous person, very dangerous (absurd), to which I laughed and told him that that would be a bullet worth taking, although it might be more likely that any dispatched would-be assassin would probably only end up shooting himself in the head before he's half way here. lol

No fear only faith, with love.

Best regards,

Ankh

edit on 9-9-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

“and the light of a lamp will not shine in you (the great city Babylon) any longer; and the voice of the bridegroom and bride will not be heard in you any longer; for your merchants were the great men of the earth, because all the nations were deceived by your sorcery.”

Revelation of John, 18:23

May you have the courage to stand apart. You're not alone. The Lord stands with you and He's safe to lean on. In Him and on his rock, you can place your trust. Worthy is the lamb of God.

Ever wonder what happened to the world, and have you noticed how things just aren't at all like they used to be?

But wait, isn't there a rhizome or a taproot still firmly in place, which touches down within us?

Why can't we throw off the massman, as Carl Jung referred to it, and enter the fray with our entire being, or more and more of it anyway, by laying claim to an inheritance and a birthright prepared also for us from before the very foundation of the world?

The only possible way to do this, since meaning and context is decisive, is to have a working theological framework having found one's true place, which is a buried treasure in the heart and in the soul, yet with a table prepared by the one who blazed the whole trail before us, to make a way possible for us to join his circle of joy and in so doing complete both our joy and his own in the process. He also had to have faith in our future ability to receive it, and not be dumb about it (whether zealously Christian or atheist).

From what I can tell, anything less that the uncompromising, all-or-nothing proposition of lover and beloved other (Spirit and Bride), just doesn't cut it, and worse it has the power to drain away the smile from our face as we shake our fists at the other guy and the world at large. How sad is that? Isn't that a type of hell from which we are in dire need of plucking out of, in a radical change of mind and heart and in perception and awareness, however subtle?

It can be lonely, this standing apartness, and I can't tell you how many times I myself have been re-absorbed by the world, even if only to try to remain friendly with most people. But, when we truly realize and come to understand that one among us went before us, while requiring that we had nothing more than a mustard seed of faith or a mere inkling, that he was speaking from a POV and a frame of reference (Abba in the familiar/intimate) that was entirely valid, however unexpected or outside of our own biases and prejudices and judgements and all manner of nonsense and absurdity ie: in our blind spot - such a consideration of the very heart of things and of our own relationship to God as the all-in-all and the living Spirit of Truth and Life, which Jesus was pointing to and through whom He made a way in Himself, becomes also our own light to our feet and a lamp to our path. He is the light of life and we are the light of the world!

It's causative at the very root and source of the first cause, at all levels, which by its very nature is intrinsic to the heart of things, which is also a place that lives deep within us and that we were all made to contain (not try to extinguish or usurp or rebel against).

We're out of alignment. We all know it.

But, it's never too late to restore integrity relative to God and join the circle when the circle was all but joined requiring of us that we only have to move by a single quantum jump and we're there. It's an embarrassment of riches for which all that is required of us is a single step, and a break with the past, which wasn't really working to begin with and that had drained the life out of the world and out of the larger society and civilization and then finally, our own selves.

What a great joke. What an even greater opportunity.

Blessed are you if any of this causes you to slam your hand down on the table and burst out laughing at an epiphany of your own in this newfound domain, or pasture, of unfettered and unconstrained freedom, set free at last for the sake of freedom to freely love as we are loved! and still further, as a sealed deal that was signed, sealed and delivered, by none other than Jesus Himself and His Father in Heaven who is the Person of God.

"Let them be so one that they will know that it was you who sent me."

"And as my father first sent me, even so send I, you."

Oh to be chosen out of the world and then to be sent forth within it..!
[Neo: hangs up the phone and exits the phonebooth, as the sun parts clouds]

edit on 10-9-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

See here's the thing. Jesus, if he existed, lived 2000 years ago. That is many many generations removed from me. When is god going to update his image for the modern world? It's really hard to relate today's problems to the problems of a carpenter's son who lived at the beginning of the Roman Empire.

Jesus was dealing with oppression of his people by a corrupt establishment, where the "elite" of his day, were in collusion with a domination system. In fact, much of the historical narrative of the Bible deals with the very same issues, over and over again, all the way to the enslavement of the Israelites in Egypt. God and his little people vs. a Satanic world system.

Yeah? So does the Hunger Games.

He got the last laugh on behalf of the little man, of you, and me, and he shares it with us, don't you see, or, why can't you see?

I don't even believe he necessarily existed, let alone shared any gifts with mankind.

One has to dive into the reasoning and the rationale to really appreciate it and to sympathize with Jesus and how he handled the fundamental predicament of the problem of human evil at all levels.

I don't believe in good or evil either. Only misdeeds and rights. No one person is evil and no one person is good. Jesus, a supposedly non-violent person, is depicted being exceptionally violent when he throws all the money changers out of the church. I'm pretty sure they didn't just leave because he gave them a stern talking to.

Do you understand principals that require immense courage to uphold what is righteous and just?

Sure. Ghandi was an amazing person. Hell there are quite a few people who sacrificed themselves in the name of tyranny that aren't Jesus and they've lived closer to my time too. So I know they existed. I'd rather have them as role models.

Why get rid of the hero who won it all for the sake of the little man, that's what I'd like to know..

I just want to be sure he existed first.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Observationalist

Pain and suffering don't change too much. I'm sure fear, loneliness and oppression were relevant problems for people back then. I'm not buying that excuse.

Base problems may still exist, but there are newer and more complex problems that Jesus could and never addressed. That's why there is so much controversy on what Jesus would have wanted when we start applying his thoughts to modern dilemmas. For instance, you can find Christians on both sides of the Climate Change argument. So would Jesus tell us to all pitch in to preserve the environment or would he tell us to resist government oppression through taxation? Who knows? He didn't live when leading academic minds even knew that was a thing.

This is not about logic this is about your heart. If you want an updated bible look up Joseph Smith.

Lol. Joseph Smith.

Logic and science are tools not the cure. Philosophy and religion are tools not the cure. There should be a steady flow between.

Cure? Who says I'm looking to cure anything? Curiosity is my driver. I want to learn more about the universe, so I explore it through science. I don't want some petty religion pretending it knows everything and preaching me "truths". Science lets us experience reality for ourselves. Science is my cure for curiosity.
edit on 11-9-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   
God is not any particular religion. Have a relationship with God. he made your inner eternal spiritual being that has a soul. You exist here to learn during your earthly bodies existence. Only one classroom on your step to enlightenment and your place in heaven.

Science? Quantum Theory accounts for our inner being and its effect on the universe. In fact, Quantum Theory is shaking up the science world to account for spirituality.
edit on 13-9-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Worthy is the lamb. Praise the Lord

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join