It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ossoff/Handle Runoff Now Predicted in GA

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
How many Special Elections have there been this year? I heard that there have been 4 so far, and Republicans won them all.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
NYT election reporter now predicting downward to Ossoff getting 45%.

twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

That's a lot of money to lose though. This is close enough to me that it gets some local coverage. I think the DNC would have spent less if they had just paid $1000/vote.

Even if Ossoff wins at this point, the victory is mostly technical. It won't shift the balance of power in Congress, and it just emphasizes how hard it is becoming for the DNC to win even in Atlanta. Considering the political bent of the area, the divided Republican ticket, and the vast amounts of money spent, Ossoff should have had an easy victory.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Fulton must be looking ugly.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: TheRedneck

I don't think anyone fails to realize that Georgia is solid red outside Atlanta. Dems saw a shot worth taking so they did. They lose only money for their effort.

It's going to be a real hard road to take back the House and hold what they have in the Senate if they have to give this kind of money and effort to every congressional race.

It might be much easier for Democrats to realize that their platform no longer has national appeal and *gasp* moderate.
edit on 18-4-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Cobb is done. Ossoff at 50.3% with 55k in Fulton County left. Our guess he gets 45%; needs 49. Seems small, but very hard.
Source: www.nytimes.com...

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I don't think anyone fails to realize that Georgia is solid red outside Atlanta. Dems saw a shot worth taking so they did. They lose only money for their effort.

I just wish that liberals would realize that the USA tends to be strong red outside their urban strongholds.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

It's still possible. What's his face beat Cantor and no one thought that would happen, too.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Anything is possible... in Atlanta, an Interstate could explode without warning.

Apologies... that was pretty bad...

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

It might be much easier for Democrats to realize that their platform no longer has national appeal and *gasp* moderate.

That's prolly why they cheer when their speakers make comments like youngs white males should off themselves.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Cobb is done. Ossoff at 50.3% with 55k in Fulton County left. Our guess he gets 45%; needs 49. Seems small, but very hard.
Source: www.nytimes.com...

TheRedneck

THANK-YOU for that NYTimes link. All the Georgia media outlets seemed to have went to sleep already!

I see three counties. Which of the three are Republican, and which are the most populated?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You're welcome, but it's the same link that's been posted several times before.

All three are considered moderate, but Cobb went for Trump, Dekalb went for Hillary, and Fulton went slightly for Trump in 2016. Looking at the results, it seems Ossoff has been coming in only slightly better than Hillary did... 1.4% better in Cobb, 1.6% better in DeKalb.

Fulton is the only county still out, with only 16% counted. So far, Ossoff has beat Hillary's performance there by 8.9%, indicating that 16% were primarily Democratic strongholds. If Fulton comes in 1-2% above Hillary's performance like the other two, we will have a runoff.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

It may look that way on a gerrymandered map but it isn't so. Definitely more red than not but not strong red.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Refer to my last post. It's not for lack of voters.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Wonder how much"packing and cracking" style gerrymandering has had an effect on this. I just found out about this practice last week on Jon Oliver. Yes I know a liberal hit piece to some, but as far as informative, it has some value imo.

Packing & Cracking

Packing and cracking are common methods of gerrymandering, used to minimize the impact of a voting bloc. Packing concentrates members of a group in a single district, thereby allowing the other party to win the remainder of the districts. Cracking splits a bloc among multiple districts, so as to dilute their impact and to prevent them from constituting a majority. These methods are frequently used in conjunction with each other.

www.redistrictingthenation.com...

Georgia gerrymandering

edit on 18-4-2017 by waftist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Update: with 72% of Fulton County reporting, Ossoff is at 48.6%. That means he is outperforming Hillary by 2.3%. It also means a runoff is now a virtual certainty.

www.nytimes.com...

Nice try, DNC.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

In a June run-off election, is it assumed that Republican Turnout will be higher than Democrat Turnout? The Liberal MSM talking-heads lamenting today that a run-off election would favor the Republican candidate.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Actually, it is more like the DNC will be out of money and the Republicans won't.

This should have been a slam-dunk for Ossoff. The DNC has literally poured tons of cash into this race, against a fragmented Republican party in one of the most liberal areas of Georgia. The local news had the opinion that many Republican voters might stay home, thinking Ossoff was a guaranteed shoe-in. Now he'll be running against a solidified Republican Party, with his own steam deflated because he couldn't pull this off.

The results don't matter much in a pragmatic sense, but losing this chance is demoralizing to the DNC. No one here thinks Ossoff has a prayer of winning in June. He couldn't top 50% even with every advantage known.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
A "Data Error" is reported as holding up the results in the 6th District Race

www.wsbtv.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Anti-American Azzhole CNN says that results of this race shows how "unpopular" President Trump is...

www.cnn.com...

WTF does this Democrat's losing a race have to do with Trump's popularity? Democrats have been losing most every race in this country for the past 8 years...well before Trump arrived on the political scene.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join