It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of my favorite things about Bush

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
The mother of the fallen soldier and the Iraqi woman hugging was the most moving moment of the entire speech. I felt like crying...the whole thing was beautiful.

[cough]arragned[/cough]

Oh, sorry, I coughed when I was trying to say it was all predetermined theatrics.

Man, I'm such a naugty little cynic.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Of course the event was prearranged, but the feelings were genuine.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Yeah bush really gives a Q#$%@#!

Honestly he dose.. no this guy is a carer... really!

He cares so much it hurts...

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Did any of you watch Bush's face when he was talking about Iraq? When the Iraqi woman sitting by Laura reacted as she did, Bush was getting misty. Then, later, seeing the woman who lost her son in Iraq get hugged by the Iraqi woman while she held her son's dog tags, he started getting misty all over again (but then, so did I) and even got that twitch in his mouth we all get when we're fighting a losing battle to tears.

That is one of the reasons I really like Bush. He wears his heart on his sleeve, and he feels for those who are truely happy or suffering. I have seen him, and his dad, react this way on so many occasions, and I just have to smile (when I'm not effected the same way by the situation) to see that.

Like his politics or not, you have to appreciate that part of his personality.

That's the problem here Jake, some of us have been in leadership roles & understand the manipulation tools available. Others haven't.

If you assess the variables at anyones disposal that allow them to engender support of their leadership, you'll find two main categories: Rational and Emotional.
Rational = subject matter expert knowledge, experience, on going erudition. It's not hard to argue that Mr. Bush is incapable of applying any tool from the rational camp of leadership, so what's left?
It was clearly as stage managed an event as is the 'pause for ovation' points written into his que cards.
But, with no dig specifically at you, you've captured the essence of why people are blind to the nadir of ideological hubris & inepptitude that permeates every facet of this presidency - they feel he's a "real guy".

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Have you ever met Cheney? Do you hae any first hand account of the man?

Because I can tell you as someone who has met him a few times (and by met, I mean actually converse with the guy, not just shak hands with him) he was a very smart guy, and seemed very honest to tell you the truth.

Yeah, I'll say he's smart. To be drawing a profit from his former job at Halliburton right in the face of the American people, while he is a two term vice president and get away with it. Yeah, I think I have to agree that he's smart...and I have to add the American public that doesn't see it has to be incredibly stupid.

He was the influence behind both Iraq invasions...and has made fortunes both times and will continue to.

Nice guys my a*s. I just want to barf when I hear about how touching the tears are and how these people are so nice. Nice people don't go to war unless there is absolutely no other choice.

But then we know that WMD was never the REAL reason for going in.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join