It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of my favorite things about Bush

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Did any of you watch Bush's face when he was talking about Iraq? When the Iraqi woman sitting by Laura reacted as she did, Bush was getting misty. Then, later, seeing the woman who lost her son in Iraq get hugged by the Iraqi woman while she held her son's dog tags, he started getting misty all over again (but then, so did I) and even got that twitch in his mouth we all get when we're fighting a losing battle to tears.

That is one of the reasons I really like Bush. He wears his heart on his sleeve, and he feels for those who are truely happy or suffering. I have seen him, and his dad, react this way on so many occasions, and I just have to smile (when I'm not effected the same way by the situation) to see that.

Like his politics or not, you have to appreciate that part of his personality.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
The mother of the fallen soldier and the Iraqi woman hugging was the most moving moment of the entire speech. I felt like crying...the whole thing was beautiful.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Yeah, I started getting misty, and my dad started aughing loudly which ment he, too, was moved and didn't want to show it. Very touching, and very cool; I'm sure that woman thanked them for their sacrifice and for her right to vote.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I've seen the look before..thats called "crocodile tears"...

He should be in Hollywood.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
It is called political propaganda, and image control, unfortunately it work its magic on people that really care like you too, junglejake and djohnsto77.

Don't let him and his image control crew fool you.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
It's really too bad you can only see evil in Bush. I couldn't stand Clinton, and there were times he faked tears, but there were a couple of times I saw a reaction on his face that was genuine. Though I severly disliked the man, I was honest with mysef about him. Hatrid blinds, I guess...

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
When the Iraqi woman sitting by Laura reacted as she did, Bush was getting misty.

Was that right on cue? Hey, can you find out who the "Iraqi woman" is please? I'm interested in her story... anyone know?

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
She is a head of a leading Iraqi women's group. I'll try to find out more info...

EDIT:

Al-Suhail, leader of the Iraqi Women's Political Council, became politically active after her father was assassinated in 1996 in Beirut by Saddam Hussein's secret service. She is married to Bakhtiar Amin, a Kurdish political activist and founder of the Iraqi Democracy Institute in the United States. He is now Iraqi minister of human rights.

Source: FOX

[edit on 2/2/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I didnt watch it, so I wont comment on it, but I liked clinton, I strongly dislike bush.

D

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Well, as much as I dislike Bush, it's better having Bush as president rather than having a Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld combo ruling the White House. Now a combination like that would truely be scary for both the US and the world.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by D
Well, as much as I dislike Bush, it's better having Bush as president rather than having a Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld combo ruling the White House. Now a combination like that would truely be scary for both the US and the world.

Do you honestly believe Bush is in charge?

I think Cheney and Rumsfeld have a much more active role than we are led to believe.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I believe Bush is in charge. Everyone says Bush in charge including journalists who cover his administration. What evidence do you have that he is not????

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Any vid of this touching moment? please post, im giving george the benefit of doubt and I will like to judge for myself, just how "touched" he was.
I suppose its possible.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   
The entire speech is available on video on news sites including FOX. The moment is toward the end of the speech.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
The entire speech is available on video on news sites including FOX. The moment is toward the end of the speech.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

Originally posted by junglejake
When the Iraqi woman sitting by Laura reacted as she did, Bush was getting misty.

Was that right on cue?

Yup, just like it was for the rest of the people that felt that emotion. Maybe you didn't - and thats fine - but don't you think that he may have felt the same way as the rest of us humans???

Or are you one of those "Bush is a Reptilion" people

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by D

Have you ever met Cheney? Do you hae any first hand account of the man?

Because I can tell you as someone who has met him a few times (and by met, I mean actually converse with the guy, not just shak hands with him) he was a very smart guy, and seemed very honest to tell you the truth. Granted, I am not his friend, and I don't have any insider info or anything, but what makes him "scary" other then the fact that he comes across as very dry?

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   
They are just jealous of him:

www.wonkette.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I watched the address, particularly the moment in question. I did see the tiniest hint of liberal (human) weakness there! Weather it was heartfelt sympathy and overwhelming emotion of the moment, or overwhelming pride at such a ripping good peice of PR i dont know. Certainly the iraqi woman and the soldiers bereived parents were genuine.
I myself must admit to a stray tear there aswell, for those people.
I do find it strange there was no iraqi parent of a child who died under American bombs, weeping at the goodness of the American occupation,
and Im betting those parents didnt thank dubya for "letting our son die such a glorious death" either.
I noticed some folk present who were clapping mechanically with no enthusiasm what so ever and didnt even bother standing a few times for the president.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by instar
I noticed some folk present who were clapping mechanically with no enthusiasm what so ever and didnt even bother standing a few times for the president.

Those were the Democrats.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join