It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom of Speech and Freedom from Consequences.

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Their is power within EVERYONE. EVERYONE can choose to do anything or nothing. Just because Hitler was put into power and encouraged Germans to tap into that power and use it for his own goals does NOT mean they didn't have the capacity to resist.

I never claimed otherwise.
And read my post about brainwashing.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

I think you meant credulous.

He had control because of that. Because he convinced them with his words and they were credulous and gullible idiots.

It doesn't change the fact that the followed his orders.

I did mean credulous. It seems my thesaurus failed me.

Yes they did follow his orders. I'm fine with describing it that way as it is more true, but we cannot say he exerted some form of control over others.

link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
That is called propaganda and brainwashing. They get them young. And they play subliminal music all night while they sleep, etc.

Then we need to define what "insane" means because that is the only way both of us can agree. What you described above leads people into an unhealthy mindset (which is not the same as being clinically insane) which allows them to justify doing bad things later in life.

edit on 21/4/2017 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: LesMisanthrope
I think you meant credulous.

He had control because of that. He convinced them with his words because they were credulous and gullible idiots.

It doesn't change the fact that the followed his orders.

gullible idiots vote
edit on 21-4-2017 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Nobody said that they didn't have the power to resist. It was their choice to believe what was being said.

So, the power of words is that people believe them, not voodoo, caloric or supernatural power as the OP likes to toss around.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Watch the movie "Jesus Camp" and you will see the brainwashing in action. With the followups on Youtube videos you see the children being interviewed have difficulty letting go of the brainwashing. Sure they can break from it with help but it's deeply entrenched. Same with Hitler Youth.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Sure we can say that. That is exactly what person in a position of power does. They give orders and others follow those orders.

There is nothing wrong with that choice of words.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

What you are essentially arguing (you did NOT state what I am about to write or even imply it but it showcases the logic you are using) is this: a child that is sexually molested throughout his childhood who becomes an adult cannot escape the compulsion to act on this programming and molest children as a result. Think about it. That is the LOGIC you are agreeing with.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Uh. I don't know how to respond to that.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

So, the power of words is that people believe them, not voodoo, caloric or supernatural power as the OP likes to toss around.

Again that's not the power of words. If you do not believe the words, are they still powerful?

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Sure we can say that. That is exactly what person in a position of power does. They give orders and others follow those orders.

There is nothing wrong with that choice of words.

Of course you can say it, but it is wrong.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zimnydran
That is the most ridicules thing anyone has ever tried to say.....Don't you agree?

The whole purpose of Freedom of Speech...... is for there to be no consequences from it.... or else you are not free to speak..... but afraid to speak.

Anyone caught repeating "but not free from the consequences"...should be made to go sit in the corner with a Dunce Hat on

You misunderstand freedom of speech like many do. It gives you the right to protest the government and say whatever you like about it. However in civil courts there is restrictions on speech and you are held responsible for what you say. That is why you can be sued for libel.Or you can be held responsible for what you say inflicting harm on someone. There even laws to limit behavior such as screaming fire in a crowded building. Free speech only applies to the government and your right to disagree.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

You can disagree, but you would be wrong.

Also when people do believe them, then that is the power of words. Not the words themselves. It's never actually been the words themselves.

I think that that is like the 4th time I've said that. Don't know why it isn't registering.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

That actually happens. Some can, some can't. Not sure what you think that proves?

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Also when people do believe them, then that is the power of words. Not the words themselves. It's never actually been the words themselves.

I think that that is like the 4th time I've said that. Don't know why it isn't registering.

Would it be more apt and precise to say it is the power of belief?

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost
a reply to: Deaf Alien

What you are essentially arguing (you did NOT state what I am about to write or even imply it but it showcases the logic you are using) is this: a child that is sexually molested throughout his childhood who becomes an adult cannot escape the compulsion to act on this programming and molest children as a result. Think about it. That is the LOGIC you are agreeing with.

Actually that is a common problem people learn to be child molestors because they themselves were molested. Not all situations but more often than not any way.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

That I can agree with. We can use that phrase.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Id say words spark emotions good or bad.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Id say words spark emotions good or bad.

Especially music. It's hard not to dance to it.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

That works as well but sounds like an ad for prayer.

You have to consider the audience.

edit on 21-4-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join