It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yea Alabama

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

All this aside from the fact that there is not a broadly accepted definition of a mass shooting from your chosen source
so yes you are moving the goalposts to fit your agenda

continue on with your intellectually dishonest statement
criminals still kill people with guns in Australia even though you gave up your right to defend yourself with one
thats all good with me if that is what your people chose to do

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I never said criminals don't still kill others with guns here. Not once, nice try.

My point, which appears to have sailed right over your head, is that the instances of it happening are SIGNIFICANTLY lower, even when population differences are taken into account.

In fact it is YOU, not I, that keeps shifting the goalposts.

edit on 19/4/2017 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Forgive my slowness (I am just a dumb ol' redneck, after all), but how can criminals kill people with guns if there aren't any guns?

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I suppose, technically, that's not running away, though...

Target acquisition by other means.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

You have obviously fallen for the lie that we in Australia don't have guns whatsoever.

Gun control doesn't mean gun ban. Gun control here means it is an incredibly strict process to even get a license, followed by limitations on what guns we can own and how we store them at home, and one is subject to random police checks at home if they feel it necessary.

Yes, people still get illegal guns here, but they are incredibly hard to obtain and are almost prohibitively expensive. Well outside the reach of a common criminal.

All of this has been stated multiple times by me in this thread.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Well that puzzled my puzzler...such as it is.

Apparently it's not as gun-free as some would have us believe.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

That's because Americans tend to sensationalize what we Aussies say and make it out like we don't have guns at all. Then other people listen to the sensationalist nonsense and believe it for whatever ridiculous reason.

I have been in many gun threads where I have even posted the links to the Police site where you apply for gun licenses here and STILL some nutter comes along and tries to claim that we don't have guns at all. I can't count the amount of times this has happened.

The whole point of what I've been saying is that with our strict control, and taking into account the population differences between here and there, our crime rates are significantly lower and we have also prevented another mass shooting since the rules took effect.

I have no doubt some other nutter is going to come in and ignore this anyway because it doesn't suit their fantasy.
edit on 19/4/2017 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

one is subject to random police checks at home if they feel it necessary.

Good grief.........that's just ridiculous. You guys must really love and trust your cops.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

one is subject to random police checks at home if they feel it necessary.

Good grief.........that's just ridiculous. You guys must really love and trust your cops.

It's a condition yes but it rarely ever happens, no one I know who owns guns has ever had them show up. I would guess they only do it if that person gets caught doing something illegal, or a complaint is made that they are shooting too near houses or something, and so the coppers turn up to do a compliance check.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

With the differences in population and culture the instances of it happening were significantly lower even before you gave up your guns; were they not?

Your people decided to give up your rights ours have not.
Is there a cost involved in maintaining our rights; sure there is. It is a cost we are willing to pay to have a free society.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Thank you for ignoring everything I have said about per capita stats, and the fact that we didn't give up all our rights, just some in order to have a safer society.

That's real helpful.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Gun control doesn't mean gun ban.

Oh, I see now. Sorry to be so dense. So it's just extremely hard to get a gun.

Yes, people still get illegal guns here, but they are incredibly hard to obtain and are almost prohibitively expensive. Well outside the reach of a common criminal.

That makes so much sense! Thank you for clearing that up!

So, how many wealthy criminals do you have?

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Gun control doesn't mean gun ban.

Oh, I see now. Sorry to be so dense. So it's just extremely hard to get a gun.

Yes, although if you are a citizen of good standing and have no real bad criminal record then it isn't that difficult to obtain a license. I myself am going to be applying for my firearms license very soon as I now live on a farm and have a valid reason to own a gun - in this case for pest control.

That makes so much sense! Thank you for clearing that up!

So, how many wealthy criminals do you have?

Lol, not that many. Bikie gangs get them illegally, but over here they just tend to shoot each other and leave the rest of us out of it. The coppers have been cracking down on bikie gangs here in recent years anyway, half of them are in jail now and the other half will be soon.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

Thank you for ignoring everything I have said about per capita stats, and the fact that we didn't give up all our rights, just some in order to have a safer society.

That's real helpful.

lol
what were your per capita stats before the "buyback"(confiscation)?
what are your per capita stats now?

or are you going to throw in some other disingenuous qualifier like your "mass shootings"

I prefer a FREE society to a SAFER socitey; in fact so did our founders:""Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." B. Franklin

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Lol, not that many. Bikie gangs get them illegally, but over here they just tend to shoot each other and leave the rest of us out of it. The coppers have been cracking down on bikie gangs here in recent years anyway, half of them are in jail now and the other half will be soon.

That sounds vaguely familiar......Max Rockatansky like.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Who on Earth says we aren't a free society here? Some may even argue that because we have such strict laws resulting in lower crime rates and no mass shootings whatsoever that we are freer in our lives than you over there. We don't feel the need to carry concealed handguns for personal defense, for instance, because the chances of the people around us in our daily lives having an illegal gun to shoot us with is incredibly small.

This whole notion that America is a freer society than the rest of the world is total nonsense.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I'm really not sure where you get the comparison to the post-apocalyptic fantasy world of Mad Max from, but OK.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Anyway, gotta go again fellas, the wife just yelled at me for staying up most of the night and not coming to bed lol.

I'll pop back in later on.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

thenewdaily.com.au...
As you are there, is the link story accurate?

Giving up rights makes you less free.
How you "feel" has nothing to do with what you are allowed to do. Your point is moot about concealed handguns as you have no right for one.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

thenewdaily.com.au...
As you are there, is the link story accurate?

Giving up rights makes you less free.
How you "feel" has nothing to do with what you are allowed to do. Your point is moot about concealed handguns as you have no right for one.

We didn't have any issue with them not allowing us concealed handguns because we don't feel the need to carry them. Why is this so difficult to understand?

I'll check your link later on, I'm now in bed on the iPad and I have a very annoyed missus next to me giving me death stares for not being asleep.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join