It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yea Alabama

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

And sadly, you aren't mentally capable to think just a tiny bit further on this.

This comment is why I shall not be replying to you any further beyond this post. I have been nothing but polite and respectful, unfortunately you cannot seem to return the favour.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Bedlam

It can look like running away until ...

There's nothing wrong with acquiring a target through deception. In fact, I think there's a lot right with it.

TheRedneck

Sadly, they don't let me lead you into a nicely arranged explosive deterrent to your pursuit as a civilian.

It's a pity, I was a close rival to a certain historic Sergeant in my ODA who apparently defined the very use of 'pursuit breaker'. I can't get claymores OR WP grenades as a civilian. Alas.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Hasn't so far, anywhere CCW has passed. But there's ALWAYS someone who predicts "wild west" or "blood in the streets" scenarios.

The two operative words in that post you replied to are "I think" - meaning it is just my opinion and I never claimed it to be more than that.

edit on 19/4/2017 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta
But Japanese society is extremely polite and they are not an "armed" society...

Yeah, sort of. Unless you're a 'hairy gaijin', then if they don't think you understand any Japanese they can be quite rude.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

You seem to be forgetting that those occur in places with strict gun control. Places that respect gun rights don't see such shootings.

Except Australia - any reason why you ignore this? Since we instituted strict gun control after the Port Arthur massacre, Australia has not had even one mass shooting.

Sorry to inject FACTS into this conversation.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
This is great. Honestly, to me and any sane red blooded american its obvious that 10,000 innocent bystanders accidentally shot is well worth the 2-3 criminals who will get their just rewards from this! MAGA!

Actually, did they put a provision in this to exclude non-white / non-christians? If not then BAD DEAL!
edit on 16am17famWed, 19 Apr 2017 09:26:55 -0500America/ChicagoWed, 19 Apr 2017 09:26:55 -0500 by Wayfarer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Thanks for posting that. I don't mean this a derogatory manor but it highlights the ignorance.
For a rifle or shotgun there are still background checks from any licensed dealer to be had as well as identification.
For a handgun the process is more thorough and includes a few trips to the police department (in my state).

In order to purchase and pass the background you need to NOT be a felon of any sort nor be on any of the (many) lists. Also not wanted by the law for anything at all. This applies to either.

Conversely, I could just steal yours.

Apologies, I wrote that post in haste as I was getting ready for work. I should have included the statement that the laws I described, COMBINED with the strictness of getting a license in the first place and COMBINED with the limitations on what guns we are allowed to possess - all work together Down Under to prevent the types and scale of crime we see in the US.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueyedevilwoman
Looks like the bill regarding CCW in Alabama has been repealed. The new bill making it legal to carry firearms concealed by Alabama citizens is now on its way to be signed off.

Now only those with current mental illness issues will be required to apply for a CCW permit.

This is a big step forward for making America great again. Now lets see how this affects the crime rate in our major cities. I think it will have a huge impact on violent crime in Alabama. Time will tell.

I am so proud of our Alabama law makers.

This legislation is going to cost Alabama over $20,000,000 a year in lost revenue from the unconstitutional CCW permit fees.

God bless America

It always makes me chuckle when non citizens criticize our gun laws.
They do not, and will not understand; just as I will not understand why they allowed their governments to limit their rights.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

It always makes me chuckle when non citizens criticize our gun laws.
They do not, and will not understand; just as I will not understand why they allowed their governments to limit their rights.

Logic and common sense - evidenced by the fact that since we "allowed our government to limit our rights" we have not had a single mass shooting. Not one. Zero. Zilch. Nil.

Facts are facts.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Please post your definition for "mass shooting" as I hope it does not mean shootings in Massachusetts.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Personally, I don't find this anything to celebrate. Beware of drunks, and angry people. Especially drunk angry people.
Especially drunk angry people with road rage or in bars.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Lol cause there were obviously not drunk or angry people before this law.....
You are a riot.
Be afraid
Be very afraid

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Please post your definition for "mass shooting" as I hope it does not mean shootings in Massachusetts.

en.wikipedia.org...

Mass shooting

A mass shooting is an incident involving multiple victims of firearms-related violence.[1] The United States' Congressional Research Service acknowledges that there is not a broadly accepted definition, and defines a "public mass shooting"[2] as one in which four or more people selected indiscriminately, not including the perpetrator, are killed, echoing the FBI definition[3][4] of the term "mass murder"

edit on 19/4/2017 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Personally, I don't find this anything to celebrate. Beware of drunks, and angry people. Especially drunk angry people.
Especially drunk angry people with road rage or in bars.

Hence my very first comment in this thread warning that innocent people may get killed due to an argument alone because of this law.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

ok facts are facts
lol
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

The 2011 Hectorville siege took place between the hours of 2:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. on Friday, 29 April 2011, at the small suburb of Hectorville, east of Adelaide in the state of South Australia, Australia. It began after a 39-year-old resident of the suburb, later identified as Donato Anthony Corbo, entered his neighbours' property and shot four people, killing three and severely wounding one. An eight-hour stand-off with police followed, during which time he shot and wounded two officers. The stand-off culminated in his arrest by members of the Special Tasks and Rescue unit of South Australia Police.[2]

Hunt family murders 9 September 2014 Lockhart, New South Wales 4 0 Murder–suicide shooting spree by Geoff Hunt who killed his wife and three children before turning the gun on himself

Sydney Siege 15 - 16 December 2014 Sydney, NSW 3 4 Siege. A lone gunman, Man Haron Monis, held hostage ten customers and eight employees of a Lindt chocolate café located at Martin Place in Sydney, Australia. The NSW Special Tactics Force shot Monis dead, after he executing one hostage. In the melee five others were shot by Police fire, causing accidental death to one of them.

That didn't take too long
Go get your shine box

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

You must have missed this bit:

en.wikipedia.org...

four or more people selected indiscriminately

The first two murders you linked were not people "selected indiscriminately", they were family members or known to the perpetrator. The last one you linked was a single death - the others were accidentally shot by the police when they stormed the place.

Try again.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

hahahaha
nice exactly what I expected
the ones shot by the police were actually selected?
I see your "selected indiscriminately" and raise you "The United States' Congressional Research Service acknowledges that there is not a broadly accepted definition"

move the goalposts as you see fit
your declarative "we have not had a single mass shooting. Not one. Zero. Zilch. Nil." is bs and you know it

this is exactly why I stated I do not understand you people

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

No-one is moving goalposts. I am stating facts and the fact is by the very definition of "mass shooting" NONE of those examples you provided are relevant.

I am sorry that facts are getting in the way of your fantasy. Actually, no I'm not.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: blueyedevilwoman

Yes, all of our unconstitutional laws should be upheld because they generate money for the wasteful bloated State at the expense of the slaves, I mean citizens.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: TarzanBeta
But Japanese society is extremely polite and they are not an "armed" society...

Yeah, sort of. Unless you're a 'hairy gaijin', then if they don't think you understand any Japanese they can be quite rude.

That's not true. That's a rarity. That's like saying all Americans discriminate against asians. You're not talking about their culture, but extant forces.

You get some drink in them and they suddenly love you and speak English.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join