It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yea Alabama

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: seagull

That kinda depends on the situation.

But at my home... no.

Even there it *could* be the optimal strategy. Consider - it might be that the best way to get people out of your house/grounds and into a more assailable position is to whack a couple of them, do a very nice Curly "whoop whoop whoop" and show them a clean pair of heels.

The trick is to trigger a headlong pursuit whilst you unass the house/grounds, drawing them away from where you don't want them to be, a nice tradition called "lapwing".

Then you draw them into the open, double back and blow their asses off. Tout fini! In a previous life, it might give you a lot of other options that just aren't available to me as a civilian. But there are always alternatives.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: blueyedevilwoman

I think it will have a huge impact on violent crime in Alabama. Time will tell.

I think it will actually have the effect of those CCW carriers shooting innocent people either because of mistaken identity or because they get into an argument and feel that it is their right to shoot the other person.

Time will indeed tell.

Hasn't so far, anywhere CCW has passed. But there's ALWAYS someone who predicts "wild west" or "blood in the streets" scenarios.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueyedevilwoman

Goes to show, way more good cops then bad out there.

You lucked out - I had an uncle who was a State Patrol guy who, before his elevation to regional supervisor, used to gleefully take people to court and work the then-current concealed weapon law up to and beyond any reasonable level.

The wording of the law allowed him to - and he did more than once - testify such things as the front side of the weapon concealed the back. As he once told me "If you tied it from the rear view mirror by a string, the way that law is worded, I could say the string concealed part of the weapon and the judge would instruct the jury to rule by that"

Alas, the hoi polloi citizenry of the state eventually tired of such things and passed a new carry law that was not only less ambiguous, but stated that the inside of a vehicle was co-identical with your curtilage, and that era was over. Shows why cops can't have nice things, I suppose.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Of course.

If someone has broken into my home, but is not threatening my life, or my family? I'm likely going to let him leave, if he chooses to. My insurance will replace/repair stuff. While I like my stuff, I'm not sure I could kill over a TV, regardless of the fact it's a 50" 4D.

My family? Threaten them, and you'd best pack a lunch, 'cause your day just became a whole lot busier.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
I'm not sure I could kill over a TV, regardless of the fact it's a 50" 4D.

That's just crazy talk.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Otherwise known as "skeedadling".

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

The infograph comparing deaths by hands, hammers and rifles seems to miss out handguns.

Any particular reason you can think of for that?

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   

It also compares only mass shootings (rather than firearm related homicides) with total homicides.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

No trips to the coppers in my state. Both times I've bought a gun I was in and out in 15 minutes. Left with the gun both times

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: blueyedevilwoman

There's no shame in "running away".

I'd much rather do that than shoot someone, irregardless of the fact that I have a CCW. I carry for the reason that I don't run away as spryly as I used to...

And that is your right.
I dont want to shoot anyone, unless they are trying to kill me.

Unfortunately for most other non US citizens, the only option they have is to run away or hide.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

blueyedevilwoman is in denial. Australia has some of the best mannered police in the world - and they're usually polite ...when they pull your car over they don't keep their hands on the holster.

however the timer is ticking down until the next mass shooting in America

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   

keep putting your faith in "more laws"

And you keep your faith in a polite "USA" society, where mass shootings are a way of life

www.theguardian.com...

1,000 mass shootings in 1,260 days:this is what America's gun crisis looks like Sunday’s attack on the Pulse nightclub in Orlando, Florida was the deadliest mass shooting in American history – but there were five other mass shootings in the US during that weekend alone. “We have a pattern now of mass shootings in this country that has no parallel anywhere else in the world,” Barack Obama said after the San Bernardino attack in December 2015. Data compiled by the Gun Violence Archive reveals a shocking human toll: there is a mass shooting – defined as four or more people shot in one incident, not including the shooter – on five out of every six days, on average. (Updated on 13 June 2016)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Oh and we don't distrust our fellow citizens as much as Americans seem to distrust everyone around them.

I have visited the States and I would have to agree with you there. I never felt safe in LA, Wets Virginia was ok, New York City was pretty safe.
I can still travel anywhere in Western Australia South Australia and Victoria and still say "Hi" to strangers and know I'm not going to get confronted.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

blueyedevilwoman is in denial. Australia has some of the best mannered police in the world - and they're usually polite ...when they pull your car over they don't keep their hands on the holster.

however the timer is ticking down until the next mass shooting in America

Im sorry that bothers you so much.
It doesnt bother me at all.

Cops dont keep their hands on the holster.
Unless they have a reason.

Well mannered police are the norm in my experience.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   

keep putting your faith in "more laws"

And you keep your faith in a polite "USA" society, where mass shootings are a way of life

www.theguardian.com...

1,000 mass shootings in 1,260 days:this is what America's gun crisis looks like Sunday’s attack on the Pulse nightclub in Orlando, Florida was the deadliest mass shooting in American history – but there were five other mass shootings in the US during that weekend alone. “We have a pattern now of mass shootings in this country that has no parallel anywhere else in the world,” Barack Obama said after the San Bernardino attack in December 2015. Data compiled by the Gun Violence Archive reveals a shocking human toll: there is a mass shooting – defined as four or more people shot in one incident, not including the shooter – on five out of every six days, on average. (Updated on 13 June 2016)

Ban, gun bans and "gun free zones".

Problem solved.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

our largest city has a population of one million.

actually Sydney has 4.2 million people. But I agree with everything else you said...we do have a relatively high standard of living and "happiness" index

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Oh and we don't distrust our fellow citizens as much as Americans seem to distrust everyone around them.

I have visited the States and I would have to agree with you there. I never felt safe in LA, Wets Virginia was ok, New York City was pretty safe.

Ca and NY are two of the strictest states on firearms. You did not feel safe because you were not safe.

Thank you.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   

The only fail here is foreigners telling Americans what their laws should be.

LOL...the USA goes around instilling puppet dictators in South America, regime change to loot resources in the ME and install Rothschilds controlled Central Banking,, that certainly looks to me like your telling other people what their laws should be

and you sacrifice your sons and daughters for Corporate profit.....

and you say we have no say...LOL

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   

So effectively you're saying there are no laws....or if there are laws it doesn't matter anyway...I thought you were all for a polite society?

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Australia has some of the best mannered police in the world - and they're usually polite ...

I can still travel anywhere in Western Australia South Australia and Victoria and still say "Hi" to strangers and know I'm not going to get confronted.

Well, we do agree on SOMETHING.

Although I'm way more familiar with NT and the northern part of WA, I never really felt out of place. And usually the cops would just ask if you intended to drive in that condition and when you told them you were walkies away from the apartment, they just smiled and waved you on your way.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join