It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yea Alabama

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
a reply to: neo96

Who is an "anti gunner" here? Certainly not me, which you would know if you had have read all my posts. So either you didn't read properly or you are just trying to be sensationalist again.

Then why are you trying to make me and 300+million Americans jump more through more hoops than we presently are.

That is anti gun.

Also referred to as hoplophobia aka gunphobia.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

a reply to: SaturnFX

Read through all my posts. I have stated several times that I'm in Australia.

So...a isolated island with no bordering criminals sneaking in and creating havoc. got it. Please tell us more about how we should disarm while our crazy ass neighbors keep coming in with major gang warfare and drug running.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Kryties

I could believe that given the much smaller supply of firearms there.

Here's some anecdotal evidence for you. I have a second cousin who never used a gun. Never handled them or knew much about them. His first and only time was the night he decided to murder his drug dealer. Crimes on top of crimes on top of crimes.

Most of my family are avid hunters and we all own guns. Every generation and for generations. Of those that do, no felons. Barely even traffic tickets. I think two of them carry handguns....both staunch democrats.

I think the major issue I have is how easy it is to obtain them over there. To buy a gun here I have to go into a proper gun shop, show my firearms license, have them check it on their system, choose my gun then wait I think it's 30 days before I can pick it up and use it. We are restricted in what rifles we can use but really the only ones we can't buy legally are assault rifles and rapid loading type rifles. I see no reason to have a rapid loading assault rifle just for hunting foxes and rabbits and Roos so I have no issue with that.

It becomes a problem with me when I see a country where one can walk into a normal store like Walmart and walk out with a gun 2 minutes later with little or no oversight.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Never going to happen, NY, NJ, CT, and Massholes. We love our criminals!!a reply to: dashen

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

To be honest a lot of that would be solved by ending the War on Drugs that gives those cartels and gangs the money and willpower to use weapons on other people.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Well, to Birmingham it's just another day.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

a reply to: neo96

Who is an "anti gunner" here? Certainly not me, which you would know if you had have read all my posts. So either you didn't read properly or you are just trying to be sensationalist again.

Then why are you trying to make me and 300+million Americans jump more through more hoops than we presently are.

That is anti gun.

Also referred to as hoplophobia aka gunphobia.

You clearly STILL haven't read through all my posts, that's already been answered.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
God Bless Alabama!

I had been trying to stay current on this bill, but was busy today. Between this and the removal (finally!) of Bob Bentley, maybe we can get this state cleaned up a little.

Thank you for the update, OP!

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I gotta go to work fellas, I'm not chickening out I promise. I'll pop back in later.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I could believe that given the much smaller supply of firearms there.

Here's some anecdotal evidence for you. I have a second cousin who never used a gun. Never handled them or knew much about them. His first and only time was the night he decided to murder his drug dealer. Crimes on top of crimes on top of crimes.

Most of my family are avid hunters and we all own guns. Every generation and for generations. Of those that do, no felons. Barely even traffic tickets. I think two of them carry handguns....both staunch democrats.

I think the major issue I have is how easy it is to obtain them over there. To buy a gun here I have to go into a proper gun shop, show my firearms license, have them check it on their system, choose my gun then wait I think it's 30 days before I can pick it up and use it. We are restricted in what rifles we can use but really the only ones we can't buy legally are assault rifles and rapid loading type rifles. I see no reason to have a rapid loading assault rifle just for hunting foxes and rabbits and Roos so I have no issue with that.

It becomes a problem with me when I see a country where one can walk into a normal store like Walmart and walk out with a gun 2 minutes later with little or no oversight.

Thanks for posting that. I don't mean this a derogatory manor but it highlights the ignorance.
For a rifle or shotgun there are still background checks from any licensed dealer to be had as well as identification.
For a handgun the process is more thorough and includes a few trips to the police department (in my state).

In order to purchase and pass the background you need to NOT be a felon of any sort nor be on any of the (many) lists. Also not wanted by the law for anything at all. This applies to either.

Conversely, I could just steal yours.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

We are restricted in what rifles we can use but really the only ones we can't buy legally are assault rifles and rapid loading type rifles. I see no reason to have a rapid loading assault rifle just for hunting foxes and rabbits.

Im not upset that you dont mind being treated like a child (not an American child) by your government.

Why are you so upset that I dont want to be treated like a child.

All three of my children were shooting and learning firearm safety by the age of ten.

My assault rifle is not for hunting foxes and rabbits.

I do not hunt.

My Klashnikov is for killing people stupid enough to invade my country. The shotguns and handguns are for those stupid enough to invade my home or person.

I must admit I get all tingly dumping a thirty round clip into a nice big backstop though.

Does that make me a bad person?

edit on 03 23 2017 by blueyedevilwoman because: quote

edit on 03 23 2017 by blueyedevilwoman because: (no reason given)

edit on 03 23 2017 by blueyedevilwoman because: (no reason given)

edit on 03 23 2017 by blueyedevilwoman because: spelling

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Yeah, making America stupid again.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Yeah, making America stupid again.

Ah.. progressives.

If it's something to do with our constitution that they don't agree with, it's stupid.

If it's something in the constitution that they can redo the meaning of so it promotes their agenda, it's all about the constitution... their way.

The ends justify the means, and morality is relative.

A recipe for social disaster. Poor stupid progs.

I actually have hope in America, for the first time in about 30 years or so. More and more people looking around, getting online, looking at things that happen... and then looking at how it's reported.

So yea... poor stupid America, trying for the first time in a long time to get back to what it's supposed to be, despite the radicalized terrorist progressives trying to fundamentally transform it into something that can't work.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
God Bless Alabama!

I had been trying to stay current on this bill, but was busy today. Between this and the removal (finally!) of Bob Bentley, maybe we can get this state cleaned up a little.

Thank you for the update, OP!

TheRedneck

We better do something here.
Mobile and Birmingham are getting really bad.

Ive been banned from travel in Mobile because my husband hates the sheriff, calls him a commie...lol

Sheriff Cochran announced a year or so ago Mobile citizens cannot legally carry a firearm in their car. The next day a group of thugs shot a woman in her car on her way to work.

Talk about backlash.

That hasnt stopped him from saying more stupid things recently like: "Without the ccw how are we going to know who has guns, what about the people out on bond"

He is talking himself out of another term.

edit on 03 23 2017 by blueyedevilwoman because: spelling

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: blueyedevilwoman

It's happening all across Alabama. The corruption level is amazing, even for us.

The reason I wanted Bentley out of office is what he tried to do to Huntsville. Back when he was getting almost rabid about demanding a tax increase, one of their state reps opposed him by putting up a billboard informing Huntsville of the fight. In response, Bentley suspended funds for several road projects. If that ain't illegal, it should be.

Our sheriff opposes the new law too; I think they all do. But considering they have turned into a politically-motivated do-nothing bunch of rear exit holes, I really don't care. My neighbor has been robbed three times in the past year; not a thing has been done about it. I personally know one woman who was accosted, and when her husband confronted her attacker, he was threatened with jail time.

We're slowly turning into Louisiana... hopefully this will at least slow the decline.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Nice step, but I'd like to see Constitutional carry be passed nationwide. That's as it should be! No state should be allowed to infringe on the right to arm ones self.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Are you conveniently forgetting all the mass shootings that happen in America on a semi-regular basis? None of that here. The difference? Strict gun control.

We have had a few one-off incidents that we have dealt with and will endeavor not to let happen again by changing the laws to suit, however the timer is ticking down until the next mass shooting in America with little or no will to stop it from much of the American populace. It's almost as if you like mass shootings or something.

You seem to be forgetting that those occur in places with strict gun control. Places that respect gun rights don't see such shootings.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   

There's no shame in "running away".

I'd much rather do that than shoot someone, irregardless of the fact that I have a CCW. I carry for the reason that I don't run away as spryly as I used to...

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

That kinda depends on the situation.

In public, as long as there's an exit available, I will retreat. But at my home... no. There I will make my stand, and there blood will be spilled. Some things are worth fighting for.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

There's no shame in "running away".

I prefer to think of it as a strategic repositioning. Unassing the AO in a rapid planned fashion can be the absolute best thing to do in some circumstances.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join