It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yea Alabama

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Roll Tide Roll

Buck

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I'm a gun hater or something, it's just that I see the effects of strict control actually working here. Yes, it would be much harder to institute there given the amount of guns you lot have, but something is better than nothing.

As an aside, I'm applying for my gun license soon. Got plenty of rabbits and foxes here that need culling. I have no problem whatsoever having to jump through some hoops to get it, knowing that those hoops have prevented a mass shooting here and prevent most people from obtaining guns illegally with any ease.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueyedevilwoman

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: blueyedevilwoman

a reply to: schuyler

I don't need to look it up mate, the evidence of less crime due to strict gun control is on display in my country on a daily basis. I just have to use my eyes and ears to see and hear the proof every day of my life that it does indeed work.

Keep them running away skills up to date whatever you do

Run away from what? LOLOL.

Yeah run away, like a little girl....roflmao

youtu.be...

youtu.be...

You're going to take a few isolated incidents and compare them to regular mass shootings and regular gun crime there?

You're still failing.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Australia was a very small country compared to the US and is an Island so when they disarmed the people it was relatively easy . Most of the people on stations in the interior just bought PVC pipe and buried their guns. 2 totally different scenarios and they still have lots of guns just not in the cities.

I know a little and am armed.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Kryties

IF America doesn't have the right why do you have the right ?

Yeah that's some HYPOCRISY!

There's a huge difference between how America goes about telling the world what it's laws should be and us telling you that you need to look into more strict gun laws. A HUGE difference.

Yes, it is hypocrisy on your part. Bigtime.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

You're going to take a few isolated incidents and compare them to regular mass shootings and regular gun crime there

Lets look at the stats.

Feel free to stop using a few isolated incidents when the majority of gun owners do NOTHING.
edit on 18-4-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

There's a huge difference between how America goes about telling the world what it's laws should be and us telling you that you need to look into more strict gun laws. A HUGE difference.

Well to state the obvious.

My RIGHTS don't come from you.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Australia was a very small country compared to the US and is an Island so when they disarmed the people it was relatively easy . Most of the people on stations in the interior just bought PVC pipe and buried their guns. 2 totally different scenarios and they still have lots of guns just not in the cities.

I know a little and am armed.

Most of the people on stations in the interior are farmers who aren't going to go and use those guns to create mass shootings, or crime of any sort really. Not that there's much in the interior to perform crime on lol. I don't think the coppers or anyone cares that those blokes kept their guns secretly, living in the interior is a hard life.

I'm on a farm outside of Lithgow and most of the my neighbors have rifles for hunting and such. Nowhere near the interior though lol.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

And to also state the obvious, your RIGHTS do not give you the RIGHT to be telling the rest of the world what to do, but you do anyway. Yet when we try to talk to you about something you lot are getting wrong you go all snowflake on us.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I think your missing a critical point Kryt. Guns used in a criminal manner often are not legally obtained to begin with.

Some media is misleading on this bit of information when pushing an pro/anti firearm stance.
www.msnbc.com...

Authorities say Syed Rizwan Farook, 28, and his wife, Tashfeen Malik, 27 — the shooters who killed 14 people and injured 21 others this week in San Bernardino — had two legally purchased .223 caliber assault-style rifles and two 9 mm semi-automatic handguns. Police want to speak to a friend of Farook who purchased the two semi-automatic rifles used in the massacre, authorities told NBC News Friday.

Granted rifles are not hard to obtain. Handguns is a different matter and varies state by state.

My opinion is that as long as the 2nd amendment is rule that there shall be adequate firearm training and education available for everyone that can legally obtain one.

www.gunfacts.info...

Fact: One study 5of adult offenders living in Chicago or nearby determined that criminals obtain most of their guns through their social network and personal connections. Rarely is the proximate source either direct purchase from a gun store, or even theft. This agrees with other, broader studies of incarcerated felons.

edit on 18-4-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

a reply to: blueyedevilwoman

Are you conveniently forgetting all the mass shootings that happen in America on a semi-regular basis? None of that here. The difference? Strict gun control.

We have had a few one-off incidents that we have dealt with and will endeavor not to let happen again by changing the laws to suit, however the timer is ticking down until the next mass shooting in America with little or no will to stop it from much of the American populace. It's almost as if you like mass shootings or something.

1) where is "here"
2) is "here" bordering on a 3rd world nation with drug cartels running the government?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

And to also state the obvious, your RIGHTS do not give you the RIGHT to be telling the rest of the world what to do, but you do anyway. Yet when we try to talk to you about something you lot are getting wrong you go all snowflake on us.

The only snowflakes here are the anti gunners using a red herring because they can't argue with the Bill of Rights.

And statistics like these.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Read through all my posts. I have stated several times that I'm in Australia.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Gah, why the hell did I think you were in NZ?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I bet if the Chinese invaded our west coast they would not make it past Compton. Thats in California btw. One of those strict gun law states you keep insisting will fix gun crime.....lol

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I said before that illegal guns here are extremely difficult to obtain and almost prohibitively expensive for most people. Not impossible, but not anywhere near as easy and cheap as it is to obtain them in America.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

No idea lol. Even my avatar has my location, albeit upside down.

The Kiwis are our brothers anyway, NZ is like a pseudo 9th state to us hehe. We stick together in our side of the hemisphere.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I could believe that given the much smaller supply of firearms there.

Here's some anecdotal evidence for you. I have a second cousin who never used a gun. Never handled them or knew much about them. His first and only time was the night he decided to murder his drug dealer. Crimes on top of crimes on top of crimes.

Most of my family are avid hunters and we all own guns. Every generation and for generations. Of those that do, no felons. Barely even traffic tickets. I think two of them carry handguns....both staunch democrats.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Who is an "anti gunner" here? Certainly not me, which you would know if you had have read all my posts. So either you didn't read properly or you are just trying to be sensationalist again.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

No idea lol. Even my avatar has my location, albeit upside down.

The Kiwis are our brothers anyway, NZ is like a pseudo 9th state to us hehe. We stick together in our side of the hemisphere.

I see (or don't rather). Geo graffy and reeding is harrd apparently!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join